Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warriors. Swordsman and Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you guys are harsh not to say more, didn't know how good these guys are:LOL:. For the price, my new Archer is a seriously beautiful fig - face, costume, accessories - maybe just as well 'coz of the Carnival might have done some serious damage to the bank account. I never wanted to army build before.

AND some great service and packing from ASMUS (way to go!) easy efficient transaction. Kudos to ASMUS! This fig just GLEAMS in dim light.:love::love::love::love::love:

Heck, my only nit is the ankle pegs are kinda weak, but over all just a beautiful fig. Fine wiring in the draping, nice washes on the gold, excellent details. Can't wait for the other soldier to show up.

Just a quick pic with Thrandy, 'coz hey, he was at the Last Alliance.....I think folks are gonna cry when Amazon finally releases its Middle Earth series - whether bad or good - by then these will be long gone.:eek:
Looks great, love all the Elves Asmus has made so far. Could technically customize Thranduil using the Elven Archer head since it was originally going to be for his Throne look. But that would mean either hiding the ears or sculpting some.

Looks great, love all the Elves Asmus has made so far. Could technically customize Thranduil using the Elven Archer head since it was originally going to be for his Throne look. But that would mean either hiding the ears or sculpting some.
Well, I have an "archer face" Thranduil - pics in the Thranduil thread - but I don't wanna move my display to do a comparison as the pose I have him in took a while (up on the poly diorama). Far as I recall, the paint is similar but different.

The archer has a great portrait and paint - just get the ears and silky hair and gown and we can have a throne Thranduil....:monkey3 c'mon ASMUS plz.....:stick

ASMUS_archer_nohelmet.jpg

Meanwhile remain ecstatic:clap:clap:clap about the warrior elf figs, all the layers of carefully made clothes, diecast spearpoint, 2 decorated bows, 2 draw hands, tiny details like the stud on the gloves - I'd luv to get another pair. But I gotta get Legolas ordered; and SSC hasn't sent me a thing about Crown Gandalf.:(

ASMUS_archer_wspear.jpg

ASMUS_archer_longbow.jpg

So, got a nice surprise, another excellent elven warrior showed up on the doorstep. ASMUS packing and shipping has been outstanding from the Carnival - still waiting on Gabriel! Sat outside and took a few quick outdoor shots. ASMUS did amazing at this price point! :clap :clap :clap:clap
ASMUS_elvenwarrior.jpg

ASMUS_elvenwarrior1.jpg

Beautiful diecast weapons, layers of costume...love the portrait and green washes on the armor:inlove

^ Great pics! :clap Congrats on getting them both!
Thank you!:)

Honestly these are like potato chips. I think I need one more to mix and match weapons:monkey3. And Elrond of course. Hadn't paid attention but apparently these are numbered only 1500 each?

It WOULD be great to have a small army of these. There's sort of a rumor that WETA will do statues of Gil-Galad and Elendil - maybe eventually ASMUS will do more Second Age figs too.

Although still waiting on a battle Thorin and Thranduil on throne:stick

ASMUS_elvenwarriors.jpg

Stellar job for the price point IMO. :love

So tempting to get one or two more (especially at $150 a pop) but with Arwen and Legolas likely shipping next month I want to conserve for budget. It would be difficult to place them behind the existing row of Elrond, Elven Warrior and Archer already. But imagine that back row of an extra Warrior and Archer each! Would be amazing display seeing the helmets of others behind the first row.

It looks like the Warriors are in front and archers behind but the ones near Elrond have spears and shields. Maybe they change to swords at some point. Bonus pic of Gil-galad.

Attachments

• A9CA51B6-8377-484D-876D-84EC9C0B6B43.jpeg
    A9CA51B6-8377-484D-876D-84EC9C0B6B43.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 897501D2-EADB-4F16-9531-B296FDB5E713.jpeg
    897501D2-EADB-4F16-9531-B296FDB5E713.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 79C568A7-530C-4199-8690-ED34B03A6E32.jpeg
    79C568A7-530C-4199-8690-ED34B03A6E32.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 73
  • 3AEAA7C4-9E1B-46DC-832D-F66038ADE715.jpeg
    3AEAA7C4-9E1B-46DC-832D-F66038ADE715.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 51C4252B-78F8-4A9C-B0AF-73245E7B1E91.jpeg
    51C4252B-78F8-4A9C-B0AF-73245E7B1E91.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Scalegalaxy on Instagram did a custom repaint for the robes. Thought I’d share if people have similar ideas.
5A961B90-B454-4CB0-8D23-5C78CF1B7758.png
D145BEC6-21C6-4923-A234-9394C0C7D6FD.png

So tempting to get one or two more (especially at $150 a pop) but with Arwen and Legolas likely shipping next month I want to conserve for budget. It would be difficult to place them behind the existing row of Elrond, Elven Warrior and Archer already. But imagine that back row of an extra Warrior and Archer each! Would be amazing display seeing the helmets of others behind the first row.

It looks like the Warriors are in front and archers behind but the ones near Elrond have spears and shields. Maybe they change to swords at some point. Bonus pic of Gil-galad.
Wow, thanks for posting those excellent screen shots - for me it's one of those things where I just haven't paid attention to the amazing aesthetics of these elves' armor - the figs have been a real kick to look harder. It occurs to me tho if I did pick up more, it would be good to find some other 1/6 male heads, tho on the shelf not sure anyone would easily spot duplicate faces.

Here yah about the budget tho, since I want the Legolas DX. And now I want Elrond. $$$$$ Never sorry to acquire an ASMUS fig. I can't stop playing with these guys lol. *Realistically* IMO Thranduil would have had different armor waaaaaaay back for the Battle of the Last Alliance 😁 . Amazing design work on WETA's part over the years.

ASMUS_elvenwarrior_Thranduil_flames.jpg

Meanwhile I am not gonna distress these guys so they look battle damaged tho :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, DakRen. I've always thought the Prologue Elven Warrior was one of the best designs from the whole LOTR trilogy and never doubted for a second that I would get this figure - I knew that it would need some work to truly shine though. The shiny blue cape was completely inaccurate and the "belt" part was too long, and the armour definitely needed some weathering.

As soon as I got him, I got down to work. I applied some acrylic gold paint with a flat dry brush, with the shiny finish of the fabric helping with a smooth application. I mixed the gold paint with a bit of blue for the inner part of the cape. I applied some gold dry brush to the armour to highlight its details and also applied some dark washes, and I repainted the brown straps which had a really lazy finish. Finally, I cut the excess on the to pieces that form the belt. This is the result, let me know what you guys think. Definitely one of the most beautiful pieces in my collection.

IMG_20210727_125949_712.jpg

IMG_20210727_125949_687.jpg

IMG_20210722_103143.jpg

Instagram: @scalegalaxy

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, DakRen. I've always thought the Prologue Elven Warrior was one of the best designs from the whole LOTR trilogy and never doubted for a second that I would get this figure - I knew that it would need some work to truly shine though. The shiny blue cape was completely inaccurate and the "belt" part was too long, and the armour definitely needed some weathering.

As soon as I got him, I got down to work. I applied some acrylic gold paint with a flat dry brush, with the shiny finish of the fabric helping with a smooth application. I mixed the gold paint with a bit of blue for the inner part of the cape. I applied some gold dry brush to the armour to highlight its details and also applied some dark washes, and I repainted the brown straps which had a really lazy finish. Finally, I cut the excess on the to pieces that form the belt. This is the result, let me know what you guys think. Definitely one of the most beautiful pieces in my collection.

View attachment 533063

View attachment 533064

View attachment 533065

Instagram: @scalegalaxy
It's very beautiful work - I'd read acrylics can be used on fabric - stellar job!

On mine I've wondered if an additional wash on the helmet and armor would pick out the details more; for myself since my shelves are usually kept pretty dark and I like lots of flowing fabric, I guess for me will leave the rest.

Your piece looks like an upscale statue. :clap

A0FA7F41-0A08-42F0-A714-0DBC41F0926E.jpeg

Finally got the Archer in and I’m loving having these three together! I really hope Asmus continues with the prologue figures eventually, and I wouldn’t be opposed to some more Elven soldiers either. Like Helm’s Deep or Mirkwood Elf soldiers.
Also I just realized looking at the picture here that I didn’t move the archer’s head back down after fixing his bow… 😅

Last edited:
Finally set up Elven archer and he looks great with the Warrior and Elrond. A couple more Warriors in back row as Spearmen carrying those banners would be so tempting.
7B4074EA-3C25-4721-A96D-A0692D2CD8BE.jpeg
BA5F787E-696D-4C0E-90CA-07B718B0ECD2.jpeg
5F3628C6-4D95-48FC-8A6D-78C4ABE7C205.jpeg

These figures are nothing short of majestic.

It is so disappointing Asmus isn’t producing Galadhrim Archers yet. Imagine how awesome they would look surrounding the Helm’s Deep Aragorn figure, let the Last Alliance warriors flank Elrond in so many shots.

Really hope @inyacher can pitch Galadhrim archers and warriors to the team and get them going.

I love my Elven Archer and Warrior! I am THRILLED these got made in 1/6 scale. I have loved these designs since the second I saw them in screen. I know some people say the robe and sash are the wrong color, and perhaps the shields should be bowed/curved a bit more, but I think these figures are just gorgeous! Bring on some Galadhrim and Mirkwood Warriors and Archers!

I love my Elven Archer and Warrior! I am THRILLED these got made in 1/6 scale. I have loved these designs since the second I saw them in screen. I know some people say the robe and sash are the wrong color, and perhaps the shields should be bowed/curved a bit more, but I think these figures are just gorgeous! Bring on some Galadhrim and Mirkwood Warriors and Archers!
Don’t forget Rivendell guards from the Hobbit movie too. They have the same armor so should be fairly easy to repaint them silver with different accents and details.
99C94827-5EC1-4122-837E-369572194D9E.jpeg
04A82A7B-B526-40C3-AC2D-AA40804A10A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 78AEB2FB-9470-4AFF-80D7-0E6C6B3CFA21.jpeg
    78AEB2FB-9470-4AFF-80D7-0E6C6B3CFA21.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 47
Don’t forget Rivendell guards from the Hobbit movie too. They have the same armor so should be fairly easy to repaint them silver with different accents and details.View attachment 535189View attachment 535191
Thanks for posting that - I have those books but didn't check. I'd love another pair of these but gotta make Legolas a priority $$$$.

Wouldn’t mind Rivendell guys eventually, but definitely hope they focus on getting out the LOTR figures first before moving into Hobbit. Still so much for Asmus to hopefully tackle from LOTR:

Gil-Galad
Haldir
Galadhrim Soldiers
Isildur
Elendil
Black Gate Aragorn
Armored Boromir
New Eowyn
Gamling
Uruk-Hai
Orcs
Goblins
Sauron

I would like more Hobbit guys but hoping we see more LOTR first since it’s the more appealing trilogy and story

Wouldn’t mind Rivendell guys eventually, but definitely hope they focus on getting out the LOTR figures first before moving into Hobbit. Still so much for Asmus to hopefully tackle from LOTR:

Gil-Galad
Haldir
Galadhrim Soldiers
Isildur
Elendil
Black Gate Aragorn
Armored Boromir
New Eowyn
Gamling
Uruk-Hai
Orcs
Goblins
Sauron

I would like more Hobbit guys but hoping we see more LOTR first since it’s the more appealing trilogy and story
All that’s true except I need Thranduil in that list.

Gil-Galad
Haldir
Galadhrim Soldiers
Isildur
Elendil
Black Gate Aragorn
Armored Boromir
New Eowyn
Gamling
Uruk-Hai
Orcs
Goblins
Sauron

All that’s true except I need Thranduil in that list.

And Gollum/Smeagol ! :lecture

(and Gondorian, Haradrim and Easterling soldiers, too! :lecture:lecture

Back