Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes!!!
I wonder if there will be a deluxe version that comes with a base that connect with Aragorns,or maybe a part of the wall where he and Gimli await at the start of the battle?

😁

I think the base will look very similar to this statue by Prime 1 studios, a small piece of stairs and the shield he can surf down. CEE258D8-A9DA-44AC-BEA8-3A1A2D7E00C4.jpeg

Oh god, I hope they don't do the shield skateboard base. Just him standing on the wall would be excellent. I loved and applaud most of Jackson's vision for Helm's Deep, the skateboard shield was and still is the one thing I hated. Has always been silly to me, even when I was a teenager seeing the movies in theaters.

Yeah it was a cheesy moment in the movie, but I have to admit it does make for a pretty badass looking statue.

And I think the steps would still work great for the Asmus figure. I'd probably just leave out the shield part of it.

Oh god, I hope they don't do the shield skateboard base. Just him standing on the wall would be excellent. I loved and applaud most of Jackson's vision for Helm's Deep, the skateboard shield was and still is the one thing I hated. Has always been silly to me, even when I was a teenager seeing the movies in theaters.

I know what you mean. It was goofy stuff like that that lead to him Fred Flintstone-ing down the oliphant trunk and eventually running up falling stones in The Hobbit like Super Mario. I love-love-love the LOTR trilogy, but if I could change two minutes out of 12.5 hours ... yeah, I'd cut the shield surfing.

That said, I wouldn't mind a stairway dio without the shield. Could look very cool in the display case.

Yep,totally agree.
Stairway would be so much better as a dio.
Pass on the shield,but perhaps Asmus could put it in as a pack in for a Dlx version.

I like the hair. Not a fan of the sculpt, at all. Still early though. I like my fellowship version just thought the only negative aspect was the hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hair looks infinitely better than the first release and they?ve upgraded the Elven broach and FINALLY oriented it correctly. I?ve always loved those shoulder pauldrons on Legolas. It?s a simple addition that really livens up his costume and creates a more heroic silhouette with warrior vibes. However, I think the original face actually had a better Orlando likeness. It?s the mouth that?s throwing it off for me but could just be the lighting of this one shot. I don?t want us to go through another fiasco like with Helms Deep Aragorn.

I?m not even going to debate whether or not I?ll sell off the first version. I?ll just have a fellowship display and a Helms Deep one. Really hoping for the infamous steps as the dio piece. Something that could be double sided would be amazing with the steps on one side and then you spin it to replicate scenes stood atop the wall firing arrows at an unstoppable Berserker.

Can’t wait to see more pics and angles. Love the hair and the face while not 100% does have more softness so looks younger like Orlando did in LOTR versus the Hobbit. Also love the more realistic detail on the face. Also looks like the deluxe base gives us a generous portion of Helms deep wall.

This is looking fantastic, in that teaser. But is it enough to upgrade from my "Moria Legolas"?... If good enough, I may just double-dip, as the outfits and outfits are different enough.

To be honest, based on this one pic of the head sculpt, Lego will put to shame the Helms Deep Aragorn, if displayed together.

Yeah the likeness doesn't seem to be totally there at the moment, but it captures him well enough for my taste.

And normally I can't stand the mix of rooted and sculpted hair, but this seems to work better than most (and far better than on the recently revealed S5 Daenerys). And hey at least his hair isn't yellow anymore. Lol

The likeness isn’t there in that picture at all in my opinion. Hopefully it looks better from different angles. The hair however looks great.

The likeness isn?t there in that picture at all in my opinion. Hopefully it looks better from different angles. The hair however looks great.

Agreed. Likeness looks off at least from that pic but the sculpted part of the hair is drastically improved. Not a big fan of combining rooted with sculpted though. The costume looks great from what I can see.

Back