Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome news! Hopefully the new head will be available to upgrade the original figure too :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

:lecture

Agree with this, I will gladly add the HD version to my collection but would love the upgrade head for my original Legolas for my Fellowship display.

Looking forward to what the deluxe extra might be...HD staircase or wall section maybe?

So we are getting two characters from the Helms Deep scene so I assume we?ll get some uruk?s soon to pose with them?

Hopefully we’ll get Lurtz from the Amon Hen FOTR scene, and that body can be used for various other Uruks.

The head brigade is in full swing here haha. Just joking all.

So we are getting two characters from the Helms Deep scene so I assume we?ll get some uruk?s soon to pose with them?

:lol I was thinking the same thing. I don't see that happening again.

Can't wait for the Uruks, as well.

Unfortunately full real hair approach is still unconquerable at this stage. the complexity of Legolas' braids are far to difficult to apply on manufacture.

The design is not a single braid, it is a twirling of many strains of hair, very hard to do even on a full size head.

FYI: Prime 1 has done it wrong too.

View attachment 506580
View attachment 506581

For what it's worth, I fully support the half sculpt, half rooted hair approach. I actually thought it looked really good on Elrond and I think it's a perfect compromise between the rooted/sculpted hair folk. Fully posable and doesn't end up looking like a Barbie doll. I would absolutely support the half and half approach.

For what it's worth, I fully support the half sculpt, half rooted hair approach. I actually thought it looked really good on Elrond and I think it's a perfect compromise between the rooted/sculpted hair folk. Fully posable and doesn't end up looking like a Barbie doll. I would absolutely support the half and half approach.

As long as they can get the colors to match, it should be fine. Blonde is such a tricky color to get right with paint. I think it would actually be harder to get them to match then to have a simplified braid look on the sides. I’d like to see Legolas with blonde hair and not merely yellow hair. After Gandalf, I think they really know what they are doing now so I bet they pull it off.

The wait for prototype pics let alone professional pics is going to be agonizing. Has the prototype even been finalized yet Asmus?

Please asmus, make Lurtz..... Basically the best looking bad guy from the Trilogy! Savage and intimidating!

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing what Asmus comes up with for this one!

As for the hair, I thought Elrond and Arwen turned out well. The mixed media hair was a good compromise. But they both have black hair so it was a bit easier to match the color so the split between the sculpted and rooted portions isn't obvious. But Leggy's platinum blonde locks will be harder to match. Fingers crossed that they spend a lot of time and effort getting the match right.

Aside from that, I always love dio pieces. Maybe a bit of the rampart or some stairs with a shield could be cool.

What are we thinking for release date? Q3? Q4?

:legolas:elf

Looking forward to seeing what Asmus comes up with for this one!

As for the hair, I thought Elrond and Arwen turned out well. The mixed media hair was a good compromise. But they both have black hair so it was a bit easier to match the color so the split between the sculpted and rooted portions isn't obvious. But Leggy's platinum blonde locks will be harder to match. Fingers crossed that they spend a lot of time and effort getting the match right.

Aside from that, I always love dio pieces. Maybe a bit of the rampart or some stairs with a shield could be cool.

What are we thinking for release date? Q3? Q4?

:legolas:elf

Technically, Elrond and Arwen have dark brown hair not black. According to Tolkien elves don’t have pure black hair.

I suppose the sculpted braid and top section makes sense. I wonder if a row of rooted hair at the front and maybe a second row at the crown can be added to cover/blend in with the sculpted section. I'm sure customizers will come up with some interesting techniques. I just hope the likeness is improved. The first one was okay, but not great.

Well, technically, this human with less than perfect eyesight can't tell the difference with his collectibles. :lol

I think Asmus should have used a different color lol. But it’s so minor a difference the brown/red hues. 32A532AD-EE0B-41D4-9BD0-7FAEE6959C71.jpgB7A66FA3-2A65-48BE-91FD-53F0D6338D41.jpegA8D8F28E-199E-4321-8ABE-59BFFFFD2D5B.jpeg0A1ECF76-4C83-47AE-9F65-6A26A0E6E678.jpeg

Back