Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0967953A-5EA8-4A0C-BE8B-53584563B6AC.jpgE2B6CC12-A34A-4579-B6B2-E39179B08B66.jpg0B39BEF7-75D3-4E51-9FFE-BFBA413EA200.jpg

I just bought Elrond and I do not regret it he is fantastic, I twiddled around with some craft wire to make him a crown too.

Wow I want one of those and a second for Galadriel! I would buy it if you sell any. ;)

Thank you, it’s quite easy to do I recommend you try yourselves if your interested, just get some coloured crafting wire and some tweezers and have a play around.
It sits perfect on his head but for security just tied it under his braids at the back.
I will do the same for Galadriel for sure.

I finally got my Elrond and did some mods to him, I think he looks great compared to the original:

img_20210510_201119.jpg

img_20210510_202024.jpg

original_1c1401c8-3996-46f8-8410-3e3a843f0dbf_img_20210510_195423.jpg

Instagram: @scalegalaxy

Thank you! I followed some of the suggestions I found on here plus some of my own:

• I removed the lower armour and glued it back at a better angle to slim it down a bit
  • I placed the belt higher up on his body
  • I cut a patch of chainmail from the back and placed it under his belt, just sticking out a bit so that it looks as if there was chainmail under the last piece of the upper armour (as seen in the reference picture below)
  • I stuffed his neck with foam to make it thicker and reduce the gap with his head
  • I glued some of his hair to the sides of the neck to hide the seam
  • I repainted his sigil in the clasps
  • I gave the armour a black wash first to add some shadows, followed by a green wash
img_20210511_005637_2.jpg

fcc9a544befdd034780f11ada9344ebd_li.jpg

original_af643c19-038f-45a8-aba9-194d56350c1e_img_20210511_010744.jpg

Instagram: @scalegalaxy

Surprised this is still in stock, ordered him yesterday. My first Asmus, I own some Hot Toys figures and this doesnt look too far off quality wise save that hideous neck seam. Love the idea of diecast weapons.

Surprised this is still in stock, ordered him yesterday. My first Asmus, I own some Hot Toys figures and this doesnt look too far off quality wise save that hideous neck seam. Love the idea of diecast weapons.
Well I want him, but I got 3 figures from carnival; gotta replenish the wallet first :monkey2

Yeah not an ideal time for me to start collecting a new line of figures but I can't find him in stock anywhere but Asmus own store and apparently they got less then 15 left so I figured now or never. If it's only a 1500 edition I'm amazed he's still available.

Yeah not an ideal time for me to start collecting a new line of figures but I can't find him in stock anywhere but Asmus own store and apparently they got less then 15 left so I figured now or never. If it's only a 1500 edition I'm amazed he's still available.
*Argh* appreciate the sort of heads up squeezed the budget :eek: and put an order in.

I figure whether it's terrible or not, Elrond and Galadriel both are gonna be part of the Amazon series and get more attention. Once ASMUS figs are out of production the price gets ridiculous by third parties/ebay. Elrond has been out for a while, there are probably not many left at any retailer tho supposedly I guess BBTS sez u can PO him.

Anyway ASMUS had been doing great getting figures to me fast.

I don't buy figures without some research. It's not a terrible figure, its really good, looking forward to getting it in hand. Only drawback is the weird neck solution but you can mitigate it. Hoping against hope down the road we'll get Gil-Galad and/or Elendil as well. Sauron is apparently in the works..

Back