Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly at least Deluxe Arwen comes with everything accessory wise. I would much prefer buying an empty art box than the extra stand everyone who got the Deluxe Ahsoka will want. And the Deluxe stand is just reuse from ESB Yoda which sucks.
I agree with you, however, I hope when Asmus is reading these comments about Ahsoka stand, they don't think that they are off the hook with the Arwen artbox.

I don’t see them sending us all boxes. Making up 500 extra boxes of Arwen is probably not too expensive but shipping them out to us that will hurt the bottom line a lot. Even if it is just $10 to package and ship it you are talking about a $5K hit. While I think they should have provided the art box like they did for Galadriel and Aragorn it would never have been a deal killer for me. I wouldn’t mind an apology about it and maybe offering $5 off the next figure or something like that but I doubt we get boxes sent to us. Also I don’t know if they advertised a box so while we all may have expected it they did not promise one.

It's been two weeks since I paid the balance for the Deluxe and still no shipping email. :monkey2
They finally responded to my email by sending me the invoice again. I thought maybe I never paid the first time so I went and paid it but I could have sworn I paid the first time. I went and checked and sure enough I screwed up and have paid for her twice! It’s not 100% their fault about the confusion because I totally missed the part about putting my order number in the message area of the payment the first time.

Well it’s a very strange decision from Asmus not to include the Art box 🤔
I usually display the figure and the Art box from behind
Unfortunately I have already paid my invoice
Hopefully it won’t happen again with Smeagol/Gollum deluxe version

They finally responded to my email by sending me the invoice again. I thought maybe I never paid the first time so I went and paid it but I could have sworn I paid the first time. I went and checked and sure enough I screwed up and have paid for her twice! It’s not 100% their fault about the confusion because I totally missed the part about putting my order number in the message area of the payment the first time.
Interesting! I’ve checked mine three times and double checked I included the correct order number and sure enough it is correct. So that’s not the problem in my case.

Also when you pay it creates a new invoice/order number so if you reference the old one it will show as unpaid.

Also when you pay it creates a new invoice/order number so if you reference the old one it will show as unpaid.
I never noticed that before. Do you get email confirmations after paying? I never do so I have to track mine by screenshots and my actual credit card statements. This was the one time I didn’t have it all handy and I figured that was why it hadn’t shipped.

I never noticed that before. Do you get email confirmations after paying? I never do so I have to track mine by screenshots and my actual credit card statements. This was the one time I didn’t have it all handy and I figured that was why it hadn’t shipped.
You should receive an email confirmation after each payment
actually Asmus sent me 2 email confirmation

Yes I got payment confirmation email with the new invoice order and in comments my original invoice order I added so they could know which preorder it goes with.

I just got a shipping email with FedEx tracking, stating this is going to be shipped to me tomorrow.

I'm going to be so annoyed when this comes without the art box.

Asmus replied to my comment on their Galadriel video regarding Lux Arwen they said there’s a backlog in their Taipei warehouse so they will be shipped in line from when invoice was paid supposedly. They did not acknowledge the missing art box however.

Hopefully get a shipped email tomorrow since I’m west coast PST I’m three hours behind you EST folks who paid hours before me. Glad more of these are shipping out. Maybe with the warehouse issues Asmus tried to ship these out ASAP and overlooked the art boxes.

Asmus: Observing the potential disaster of not sending any art box to DX Arwen 2.0 buyers -it is indeed, I disagree with superdoug that the box was not advertised, as this is something that has been always taken for granted- would you offer us DX preorderers the possibility to change the NRD for the regular version? That would be a dignified way out for an otherwise terrible error, and one possible way for us to keep the faith in you for future releases.

I think letting buyers switch from the luxury to the standard without losing their NRD would be a good gesture and honestly it would be the least costly way for Asmus to make amends but it would only help those whose Arwen’s have not shipped yet. For those that display the art boxes this has got to be a frustrating situation.

While I still say it technically was not marketed as coming with an art box (I don’t know how many 1/6 listings actually say that they come with an art box even though almost all do), I do agree 100% with mitraheroe that most if not all of us took it for granted it came with the art box. This is not the first time some of us have been caught making assumptions with this line though. If I remember correctly one set of the hobbits caught us by surprise when they did not come with stands. Most of us just assumed they did since every other figure had the stands.

Well it’s a very strange decision from Asmus not to include the Art box 🤔
I usually display the figure and the Art box from behind
Unfortunately I have already paid my invoice
Hopefully it won’t happen again with Smeagol/Gollum deluxe version
For me a collector who displays the art box (I don't, the boxes go back into a shipper if I have a shipper) I can see the disappointment.

Tho TBH since the talked-about Thranduil on Throne might be expensive, I was one of the ones pushing to dump a fancy box in favor of getting something as amazing as a throne display. The same would be true of a Bag End. There's a lot that goes into packaging and just getting the art to print right $$$$$

For a small production run IMO a fancy box is the first thing to let go, in favor of a plain box and biodegradable packing material. Then maybe a small card print with art could be included. HT a lot of the time doesn't even bother with any kind of display, they give you a printed card or something.

And come on, comparing HT and Asmus? even in the sculpt detail level, they are not on par, IMHO. Asmus failed on likeness more often than HT does. And I disagree about the costume, I think HT is better in terms of costume, and they also puts their time into it, as we can see more costume variations from Hot Toys, from ironman armor, batman armor, symbiote skin, etc.. you just can't compare it man.

I can compare the 2 companies, and for the price point continue to have a favorable opinion of ASMUS (the care they took with the scale and fabric on Galadriel's dress is one reason I bought her, among others). Her paint is beautiful. And not much is gonna dislodge that opinion, since they made the effort to come out with dwarf bodies, and fantastic diecast weapons - just look at all the accessories Thorin, Bilbo, the hobbits, Gimli come with. If I have a *thing* it's not the boxes, it's all these details I could never match on my own. Every single axe of Gimli's is different. Swords have little tiny runes. We get little tiny pipes and books.

HT can be unbeatable, true, when they are at their best. With a price to reflect that. But, I've spent plenty of time re-gluing HT costumes, and lately for the price they seem to be way too fond of using plastic; often less accessories. Even the new Armorer just comes with a card backdrop, no forge, which for me is a disappointment. Mysterio has a seam running around the helmet that drives me crazy. And so on. HT rarely interacts with customers, either, I'm surprised they even did anything about the Tony portrait thing, except for the huge outcry.

There's been some foul-ups with ASMUS, including the Frodo eye thing, and I own a Thranduil with the face of an Elven soldier. :monkey3 Not sure how that one even happened. But Arwen looks like a beautiful fig, with some great accessories.

Last edited:
I was able to get ahold of Asmus' customer service and after they saw the photos I took of the contents I received, and pointed out the hands that were missing, they gathered them up and are shipping them to me. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long to get them, but at least they were willing to take care of the issue. (I was also told that the "art" box was included as they wanted to use a sturdier box to protect the contents. I have no idea what that means for those that didn't order the Deluxe -- are they going to be getting the art box all crushed? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

For me a collector who displays the art box (I don't, the boxes go back into a shipper if I have a shipper) I can see the disappointment.

Tho TBH since the talked-about Thranduil on Throne might be expensive, I was one of the ones pushing to dump a fancy box in favor of getting something as amazing as a throne display. The same would be true of a Bag End. There's a lot that goes into packaging and just getting the art to print right $$$$$

For a small production run IMO a fancy box is the first thing to let go, in favor of a plain box and biodegradable packing material. Then maybe a small card print with art could be included. HT a lot of the time doesn't even bother with any kind of display, they give you a printed card or something.

I can compare the 2 companies, and for the price point continue to have a favorable opinion of ASMUS (the care they took with the scale and fabric on Galadriel's dress is one reason I bought her, among others). Her paint is beautiful. And not much is gonna dislodge that opinion, since they made the effort to come out with dwarf bodies, and fantastic diecast weapons - just look at all the accessories Thorin, Bilbo, the hobbits, Gimli come with. If I have a *thing* it's not the boxes, it's all these details I could never match on my own. Every single axe of Gimli's is different. Swords have little tiny runes. We get little tiny pipes and books.

HT can be unbeatable, true, when they are at their best. With a price to reflect that. But, I've spent plenty of time re-gluing HT costumes, and lately for the price they seem to be way too fond of using plastic; often less accessories. Even the new Armorer just comes with a card backdrop, no forge, which for me is a disappointment. Mysterio has a seam running around the helmet that drives me crazy. And so on. HT rarely interacts with customers, either, I'm surprised they even did anything about the Tony portrait thing, except for the huge outcry.

There's been some foul-ups with ASMUS, including the Frodo eye thing, and I own a Thranduil with the face of an Elven soldier. :monkey3 Not sure how that one even happened. But Arwen looks like a beautiful fig, with some great accessories.
I was able to get ahold of Asmus' customer service and after they saw the photos I took of the contents I received, and pointed out the hands that were missing, they gathered them up and are shipping them to me. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long to get them, but at least they were willing to take care of the issue. (I was also told that the "art" box was included as they wanted to use a sturdier box to protect the contents. I have no idea what that means for those that didn't order the Deluxe -- are they going to be getting the art box all crushed? I guess we'll have to wait and see...
I think some of these comparison about price tags and how much more expensive is HT in comparison to Asmus, etc.( HT certainly is, but so are its licences) are missing the point: you simply cannot cut corners in the most basic thing of all, i.e. the storage box of a high end collectible, let alone (only) in its DX version. I am sorry, but this is an indefensible mistake and I have never seen something like this in my years as collector.

Back