Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what bothers me about the Asmus situation is that, at this point they show progress on things like accessories, diorama pieces, weapons, tailoring and sculpts, but there's never a release that's 100% perfect. Between the Gandalf eyes and hat, the Legolas hair color, the Arwen box, the Aragorn sculpt, Galadriel not having a crown and some paint jobs being subpar...there's just issues with every release.

I know there's only one Hot Toys, but when they make a mistake, it seems like an anomaly. The Commander Cody arm disaster comes to mind. But most of their releases are solid. Damtoys has shown improvement in virtually everything, even if they can't get the Assassin hoods right. ThreeZero seems to improve on every release. LIMToys is about to blow everyone out of the water with a release in the next week or two.

Then there's Asmus, who are plagued by bad photos, production flaws and quality control issues. It's really a shame - because there COULD be a top three sixth scale maker. Their tailoring and accessories have always been at the top of the game. There's just always something off on the sculpts (except for the rare occasion like Elrond, Theoden and now Arwen), but even when they get it right like they did with Arwen, there's quality control issues that have people down.

I feel like Asmus had built up a lot of good will with some recent releases and announcements, it would be a shame to see them lose that because they're had a terrible couple of weeks that haven't seen to be improving.
Yes. I am at the point I get sad every time I pass by Galadriel. I am really debating on getting a regular release or even one where I can see the headsculpt painted on eBay. Every other LOTR/Hobbit figure in my collection looks astounding and I feel happy looking at the rest.

It is ridiculous, they should send an art box to all of the Deluxe buyers and an extra accessory as an apology. Something related to Arwen or Rivendell maybe.
Exactly. What a weird situation where the regular got something that the deluxe dont.

Galadriel not having a crown and some paint jobs being subpar...there's just issues with every release.
Also don't forget that she's terribly underscaled.

Exactly. What a weird situation where the regular got something that the deluxe dont.

Also don't forget that she's terribly underscaled.
That’s true she should be as tall or even taller than Gandalf. I wonder how she looks next to the new Arwen. Next to the old Arwen she’s still a bit shorter.

This is what you get...
the shipper
shipper.jpg

inside that you find this
inner.jpg

open that and you get this (there should be a book in that empty square)
thats it.jpg

lift her out and the rest below
what da eff.jpg

You will not get this...:mad:
art box.jpg

If the figure itself didn't look so good, I would cancel over the box. It doesn't help that I already paid for my figure two weeks ago. But between the lack of box art and near two week delay on shipping after payment, this figure is really starting to make me have some ill will towards Asmus. If this goes on much longer they're going to have to release a GOOD Aragorn and a GOOD Haldir to win me back.

If the figure itself didn't look so good, I would cancel over the box. It doesn't help that I already paid for my figure two weeks ago. But between the lack of box art and near two week delay on shipping after payment, this figure is really starting to make me have some ill will towards Asmus. If this goes on much longer they're going to have to release a GOOD Aragorn and a GOOD Haldir to win me back.
Don’t forget paying extra for shipping! Even when the deposit was paid and invoiced.

Guess people who sell the box on EBay will have some hungry buyers, thanks Asmus.

Honestly speaking, Pop Toys does a way better job than this for a Deluxe Version.

I have the Women in Warrior: Butterfly Helmet Series DLX in Red when it was up for pre-order and I paid over $400 CDN at my local 1/6th store (now OOP). Still have it to this day, however in it's shipping box.

DSCF5032 (2).JPG
DSCF5029 (2).JPG
DSCF5030 (2).JPG
DSCF5031 (2).JPG
DSCF5026 (2).JPG

Not to piss off Asmus, however in an constructive way on how a DLX should have looked like from the start if done properly and not rushed (this was actually delayed by two months to get it done properly).

Last edited:
It's valid, constructive criticism, borgified. When customers invest in the business and pay for the "deluxe" version, they should receive the time and care they expect to go into the product. Hell, even Star Ace, as terrible as they are, haven't pulled something like this before.

I don't think anyone would have been upset if Asmus was transparent about a box issue and delayed the figure for a month or two to get it right. This screams second rate company, and that's not what Asmus is.

Hey, guys! There is the first sharing for Arwen's final product in first batch. Please know this time is only the "standard edition" coming for first batch. So you will need to wait for a while if you ordered the Luxury set. We are still adjust the final packing for the chaise set. Thanks for your interest.

Maybe I am wrong. I guess what happened is that the figure simply did not fit with the art box in the brown box they already had in stock. Something like that if they closed the flaps, it crashed a little and didn't close well and they have simply removed the foam with the figure from the art box and inserted it into the brown box with the furniture. Maybe that's why the delay and the adjustment of the final packing they mentioned. Perhaps during that process is when some hands, legs and books have disappeared as some of you comment.

Dear Asmus:
I have loved your art from day one. I have loyaly purchased most of your 1/6 Middle Earth figures direct from your site in order to show you my support. I also preordered Arwen 2.0 DX and was very grateful for this brave initiative.
But if what we are going to get this time for an extra price (plus import taxes, etc) is a doll in an ugly/disposable shipping brown box, as much as it hurts I will be forced to cancel this and future orders. There is absolutely no excuse for this.
I hope you are reading us and still in time to fix it.

Last edited:
Maybe I am wrong. I guess what happened is that the figure simply did not fit with the art box in the brown box they already had in stock. Something like that if they closed the flaps, it crashed a little and didn't close well and they have simply removed the foam with the figure from the art box and inserted it into the brown box with the furniture. Maybe that's why the delay and the adjustment of the final packing they mentioned. Perhaps during that process is when some hands, legs and books have disappeared as some of you comment.
You are wrong...there is plenty of room around the foam to house the box. The foam is almost an inch smaller than the brown box all the way around. I slipped Galadriel's box in and it fit just fine. I can see no excuse for this other than to save money.

Asmus and their reps are strangely quiet on this boxing issue....
Like I said, the true color of Asmus is now shown. Many shady acts before, but this one is a clear and blatant example of how they do things.

Asmus is a second rate company.

Doesn't matter if Asmus think that the box art is important or not for the customers (they might think that the box is not important, the customer will just keep it somewhere in the dusty corner or even throw it to the trash), those who bought the DELUXE should get EVERYTHING the regular has, PLUS extra items. Simple logic, and that is how things are always done before. This is just inexcusable.

And Asmus.. we know you read this. Be responsible, respond to your customers. Say something to make things right.

You are wrong...there is plenty of room around the foam to house the box. The foam is almost an inch smaller than the brown box all the way around. I slipped Galadriel's box in and it fit just fine. I can see no excuse for this other than to save money.
That is so bizarre!... You're not some selected figure reviewer who gets early version for free, right?
Just making sure...

That is so bizarre!... You're not some selected figure reviewer who gets early version for free, right?
Just making sure...
In addition to the price of the deluxe figure being more expensive, I have had to pay the additional $ 20 shipping, import taxes and the absurd handling fee to FedEx for handling the taxes!!! So not free precisely. I have paid 125 dollars more for the deluxe than for the regular one in any other seller. $ 315 in total. If I had bought the regular one in any store it would have been $ 190 without the additional shipping surcharge or import fees. And the regular one has an art box!

Last edited:
Back