Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d think this was an issue if we were comparing HT with Star Ace, who charge HT prices for abysmal figurines, but Asmus produce mostly good work. Sure there are some refinement issues when it comes to the end product sometimes, but overall i think the work they do is pretty solid for the size company they are.
I don’t have an issue paying the same price for Arwen as i did for Gamora tbh.

There does need to be box art though, i agree with you all on that.
Actually I don’t consider Star Ace a 1/6 company.
I am surprised that they are still producing 1/6 scale figure.
Worst 1/6 brand ever

I’m going to play a little bit of Devil’s Advocate here. Comparing Gamora 2.0 to Arwen 2.0 is a little delusional. An HT figure first announced in 2017 that cost $251, as compared to a figure announced this year at $250 —? Hmm, that seems fair (sarcasm). The missing art box, and some missing accessories, which (aside from the art box) Asmus is correcting, are about the only grievances I have.

I’m going to play a little bit of Devil’s Advocate here. Comparing Gamora 2.0 to Arwen 2.0 is a little delusional. An HT figure first announced in 2017 that cost $251, as compared to a figure announced this year at $250 —? Hmm, that seems fair (sarcasm). The missing art box, and some missing accessories, which (aside from the art box) Asmus is correcting, are about the only grievances I have.
Sure. But a figure shipped the way they are shipping DX Arwen 2.0 looks to me more like a loose figure bought from e-bay than a newly released figure. Inflaction or not, their current price does not reflect reality.

...and they haven't gotten back to me about any of my missing parts, not a peep- just saying.
Message them again.
I had an issue with my elven archer order and it took awhile for them to reply. When they did, I personally think they settled the issue far exceeding expectations.

As for the Arwen art box - for me, I don’t display them with the figures and they do take up space. I’ll have to review the unboxing as I wait for mine but I think just an insert with art that’s numbered (as usual) inside the box would be enough.

Well, if you want to play it like that, let's compare it to the most recent product announced by HT.. Ahsoka Tano. With only $20 more than Arwen ($270), this is what we'll get:

174731394_10157957691512344_8064232062818333512_n__93685_zoom.jpeg

Definitely more expensive licenses, comes with movable eyes, seamless body, intricate and detailed costume and armor with various materials, a wired robe, a detailed stand base with a water sculpt and a metal debossed nameplate, a backdrop, 2 lightsabers with 2 moving blade effects, and definitely an artbox.

Let's say we take off one lightsaber or the backdrop, or the stand base.. and you'll get the same price as DX Arwen. We still get more from HT.

I can always pic another example as even the most recent HT, Wenwu (comes with very detailed costume, many accs and breathtaking likeness) is priced at $241, cheaper than DX Arwen.

Point is, we pay HT prices for DX Arwen, and what we are getting is a quality below HT, missing parts etc, and NO ARTBOX. Not a standbase. Fake layering on the costume, and so on..
It is overpriced, but the most unforgivable sin is the lack of ART BOX for a DELUXE edition. DX edition cost $250 and no artbox.. that's delusional, don't you think?

..Aaand still no words from the customer friendly Asmus representatives (sarcasm).

Last edited:
Well, if you want to play it like that, let's compare it to the most recent product announced by HT.. Ahsoka Tano. With only $20 more than Arwen ($270), this is what we'll get:

View attachment 539639
Definitely more expensive licenses, comes with movable eyes, seamless body, intricate and detailed costume and armor with various materials, a wired robe, a detailed stand base with a water sculpt and a metal debossed nameplate, a backdrop, 2 lightsabers with 2 moving blade effects, and definitely an artbox.

Let's say we take off one lightsaber or the backdrop, or the stand base.. and you'll get the same price as DX Arwen. We still get more from HT.

I can always pic another example as even the most recent HT, Wenwu (comes with very detailed costume, many accs and breathtaking likeness) is priced at $241, cheaper than DX Arwen.

Point is, we pay HT prices for DX Arwen, and what we are getting is a quality below HT, missing parts etc, and NO ARTBOX. Not a standbase. Fake layering on the costume, and so on..
It is overpriced, but the most unforgivable sin is the lack of ART BOX for a DELUXE edition. DX edition cost $250 and no artbox.. that's delusional, don't you think?

..Aaand still no words from the customer friendly Asmus representatives (sarcasm).
And Ahsoka Tano is a DX release not a normal MMS release

yep, so DX HT vs DX Asmus.

You can see the quality. You can see the price range is quite similar (even more with Arwen as one member here ended up paying $315 for the DX).

So yeah..
And to be honest I can justify why Arwen is as a DX
nothing special here only the extra accessories

View attachment 539639

But on the other hand, Arwen is a limited run. All of ASMUS' releases are, sometimes only 500 made. Also, re printing costs for a box, the more you make, the less cost per printing each. 500-1500 is a small print run. Same goes for manufacturing the figure itself.

And finally as we all know, HT doesn't necessarily load their releases, tho I am too lazy to go back and cross compare. They also do "fake layers" but a good reason to do that is seam bulk at 1/6 scale. Depending, if you used actual layers of cloth, to get that to drape correctly, the fabric would be so thin it's unworkable. And I am no fan of HT's recent nonsense like the plasticy thin canvas stuff they used on IW Cap costume, who had other problems. Working with cloth/costumes and getting to-scale isn't that easy.

But, it sounds like folks would be happy to get shipped a flattened box, so I'd ask ASMUS if people really need it.

But on the other hand, Arwen is a limited run. All of ASMUS' releases are, sometimes only 500 made. Also, re printing costs for a box, the more you make, the less cost per printing each. 500-1500 is a small print run. Same goes for manufacturing the figure itself.

And finally as we all know, HT doesn't necessarily load their releases, tho I am too lazy to go back and cross compare. They also do "fake layers" but a good reason to do that is seam bulk at 1/6 scale. Depending, if you used actual layers of cloth, to get that to drape correctly, the fabric would be so thin it's unworkable. And I am no fan of HT's recent nonsense like the plasticy thin canvas stuff they used on IW Cap costume, who had other problems. Working with cloth/costumes and getting to-scale isn't that easy.

But, it sounds like folks would be happy to get shipped a flattened box, so I'd ask ASMUS if people really need it.
All that doesn't erase the fact that you paid $$$ HT price for an Asmus figure that is lower in quality and with so many problems including the lack of artbox.

Yes Arwen is a limited run, but with only $20 more, HT can deliver Ahsoka that's more expensive in licensing, provide a seamless body, movable eyes, and so many other plus n extras, with just $20 more. Don't forget that they have to pay for more workers, larger factory, and many other factors. Yes the more product they sell means cheaper the unit price, but also remember, the bigger they are the more expenses they have to pay.

I can also say, with only 500 pcs made, Asmus should be able to do better QC. The dent/scratch on Galadriel's neck is unacceptable, also the missing accs on Arwen also prove they don't put that much effort in such a small run. And by logic, even with such a limited run, having a regular with the artbox and the deluxe without is just crazy.

I can always reply you with many other comparison between HT and Asmus (we already listed the problems with Gandalf, Galadriel, Frodo, Arwen, Gollum, etc), but it will be a neverending replies, and that is not the point.
So enough with comparing the companies, people here can see the example of the comparison of the product in the post and they can judge it themselves.

All I did was to prove that you paid the exact amount as HT price, and get a lower quality figure, WITHOUT artbox.
And also up till now, I'm still trying to see if your other point, that Asmus is "a company that interacts with its customers" is true.

:impatient:

Last edited:
All that doesn't erase the fact that you paid $$$ HT price for an Asmus figure that is lower in quality and with so many problems including the lack of artbox.

I can always reply you with many other comparison between HT and Asmus (we already listed the problems with Gandalf, Galadriel, Frodo, Arwen, Gollum, etc), but it will be a neverending replies, and that is not the point.
Yes Arwen is a limited run, but with only $20 more, HT can deliver Ahsoka that's more expensive in licensing, provide a seamless body, movable eyes, and so many other plus n extras, with just $20 more. Don't forget that they have to pay for more workers, larger factory, and many other factors. Yes the more product they sell means cheaper the unit price, but also remember, the bigger they are the more expenses they have to pay.
I can also say, with only 500 pcs made, Asmus should be able to do better QC. The dent/scratch on Galadriel's neck is unacceptable, also the missing accs on Arwen also prove they don't put that much effort in such a small run.
Anyway, enough with comparing the companies, people here can see the example of the comparison of the product in the post and they can judge it themselves.

All I did was to prove that you paid the exact amount as HT price, and get a lower quality figure, WITHOUT artbox.
And also up till now, I'm still trying to see if your other point, that Asmus is "a company that interacts with its customers" is true.

:impatient:
If you don’t find anything you enjoy about the company why bother ?

yes, Asmus isn’t perfect but they do their best to improve from their mistakes. We don’t know what is going on internally and as I recall, one person has left. Who knows what side of the business they handled but now they all have more to take on.

not to mention, I don’t see many others doing anything lord of the rings or hobbit related at this scale. Out of all of it, one can tell they do try their best. let’s see what they say to this issue before we assume things.

If you don’t find anything you enjoy about the company why bother ?

yes, Asmus isn’t perfect but they do their best to improve from their mistakes. We don’t know what is going on internally and as I recall, one person has left. Who knows what they side of the business they handled but now they all have more to take on.

not to mention, I don’t see many others doing anything lord of the rings or hobbit related at this scale. Out of all of it, one can tell they do try their best. let’s see what they say to this issue before we assume things.
Like I previously said, I also support this company by purchasing their products, but I have to be fair, and tell it as it is when there's something that is need to be fixed.

I never said I hate Asmus. I said great things about their Saruman. And aside from the ugly hat and weird sunken eyes, I love their latest Gandalf.

But Sassafras said that he/she didn't paid HT price for a stellar figure, and I just want to prove it otherwise. From our discussion (which I find healthy, because we're not doing any personal attacks or any nasty things), we can see that with such price, somehow DX Arwen is lack of quality, and the most important thing, the artbox.

For Arwen, I bought this because there are no other options to get her in 1/6 scale. But that doesn't mean that I have to just keep silent when there's something that is need to be fixed about it. Asmus can take this as a constructive feedback, and they have to make things right about the artbox.

And I also said that I'm still waiting for them to say something about this issue, but it's been many many posts and they are wonderfully silent. I never attack Asmus in any ways about that, just saying that I am still waiting for their response. Even till now. :)

...and they haven't gotten back to me about any of my missing parts, not a peep- just saying.
Their customer service is average, i only got my previous issue fixed when my complaint on here was seen. Try message them again.

What Asmus does no other company would have done. Not even Sideshow finished the Fellowship. Hot Toys would have released Aragorn and Gandalf and not much else. It's frustrating that in many Asmus releases something happens that prevents them from being perfect, often because of silly decisions, but I honestly prefer Asmus handling the Lord of the Rings license than any other company.
I complained about certain aspects of Arwen DX but overall it is a good figure. My complaint was that they have charged $ 20 more than agreed, and without consulting, they switched to a shipping system (FedEx) that also charges you an absurd fee for handling import taxes. After all this extra cost that made me pay 315, the lack of art box seems just shabby to me. I can live without that box, but it's tacky on a DX. I think they have already taken note and it will not be repeated. I will continue to buy Asmus figures, but not from their store because that forces me to pay absurd prices. It annoys me not being able to access the exclusive pieces without having to pay almost the price of a complete figure in another store. With Gollum they have allowed the DX in other stores, that seems like a good move to me. As I said earlier, if I hadn't had to pay so much, the failures of this release wouldn't have mattered so much to me.
And I also see normal that with the atmosphere so heated in this thread, the representative of Asmus is afraid to intervene. Whatever he says, it's adding fuel to the fire. It's okay to support Asmus, but you don't have to be blind and not see the flaws when they are. I also don't see the point to tell other colleagues how they should feel due to the lack of art box, if it bothers them, they have the right to feel that way.
The times I have contacted customer service they have helped me. Sometimes soon, sometimes later. One point you have to keep in mind about the delays is that Taiwan has had several national holidays this past week. From the 18th to the 21st I think there were holidays there.

Last edited:
Yes, your point is true, that Asmus can do what no other companies will do, they've made and releases so many characters from the Tolkien lore.
Being fair, I have to admit that. That is why, I said "ideally" if I can get Arwen that is made by Hot Toys at the same price as the DX Arwen or HT Gamora/Ahsoka, it would be very wonderful because I can only imagine the level of quality that I will get on Arwen, from HT.
That's just me dreaming, of course.

It's frustrating that in many Asmus releases something happens that prevents them from being perfect, often because of silly decisions
Totally agree. The case with Galadriel (I am fortunate to have no dent/scratch on the neck) but the underscaled issue is frustrating to me, and with Gandalf, is the infamous hat!! UGH)

the lack of art box seems just shabby to me. I can live without that box, but it's tacky on a DX.
Agree, again.

And I also see normal that with the atmosphere so heated in this thread, the representative of Asmus is afraid to intervene. Whatever he says, it's adding fuel to the fire.
Well, if they respond with full responsibility, like, sending a folded box to the DX buyers, it will not add any fuel to the fire.
At the very least they can say that they are truly sorry for the lack of the artbox.
Just a genuine gesture would at least show that they are not being shady.

It's okay to support Asmus, but you don't have to be blind and not see the flaws when they are. I also don't see the point to tell other colleagues how they should feel due to the lack of art box, if it bothers them, they have the right to feel that way.
Exacly my point. Listing their flaws doesn't mean that I hate them. I may hate their product (Tauriel, shame on you!), but I never hate the company as long as I see that they are always trying to improve, admitting their mistakes and trying to make things right.
And fully agree especially on the bold sentence. It's fine if you feel ok with the lack of artbox, but doesn't mean people will accept it the way you do.

Last edited:
Back