Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Notifications went out September 9th at 10:51 PM eastern time. So that’s almost two weeks ago.

I don’t mind the delay of a few days or a week but it should not be hitting the two week mark without shipping.

She finally arrived- NOT HAPPY AT ALL!
Extra for shipping (which came late), No art box to display- I keep all my figures with the box,
But she also is missing the book AND the legs for the chaise :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
The legs for the chaise are concealed under a foam block beneath the blankets & pillow: I was wondering where they were myself.

They are not there. I pulled every piece of foam apart and nada...
Wow that sucks.
Add that to an earlier report from someone missing the hands,and the lack of an art box, and it seems quality control is lacking and corners have been cut.
Now I’m concerned about what I’ll find when they start shipping the HD Legolas exclusives.

I'm from Spain. Thanks to everyone who liked the photos. The set up is provisional. I actually plan to make a proper diorama. I have an Elrond in the council robe that I made long ago. I will use it for this diorama even though it is not movie accurate for this scene
Your display looks wonderful and custom Elrond amazing. Did you start with the Prologue Elrond headsculpt or make a new one? What’s the backdrop from?

Your display looks wonderful and custom Elrond amazing. Did you start with the Prologue Elrond headsculpt or make a new one? What’s the backdrop from?
Thanks. I sculpted the hair on a blank sculpt. I think it was from Hot Toys. The backdrop is from pop toys Henry V. I used it just for that photo. I don't want to show my messy desk.

Wow reading all these issues, it’s so embarrassing for Asmus. They seriously need to improve their quality control.

Now I'm starting to cringe in what will happen to the regular release of Arwen that I pre-ordered. o_O

I guess that they will give me a totally empty box and take off with my money upon full deposit. :ninja:

14.jpg
A year ago I would have defended them. Now I’m just jaded. Just as a reminder this was the digital file or whatever the proper term is for HD Aragorn

Last edited:
Wow that sucks.
Add that to an earlier report from someone missing the hands,and the lack of an art box, and it seems quality control is lacking and corners have been cut.
Now I’m concerned about what I’ll find when they start shipping the HD Legolas exclusives.
Yikes. I am just reading up on all the issues. I wonder if they rushed to get her out the door. Personally I would always rather wait a little bit longer and have extra time taken to make sure everything is good instead of getting it sooner but have it missing items or lacking in quality. Hopefully these issues are in the minority but I feel for everyone that has had issues and am a little concerned myself now.

How come those (including me) who paid for the deluxe didn't get the artbox? the deluxe should have EVERYTHING that comes with the regular, PLUS extra parts.
It is ridiculous, they should send an art box to all of the Deluxe buyers and an extra accessory as an apology. Something related to Arwen or Rivendell maybe.

I think what bothers me about the Asmus situation is that, at this point they show progress on things like accessories, diorama pieces, weapons, tailoring and sculpts, but there's never a release that's 100% perfect. Between the Gandalf eyes and hat, the Legolas hair color, the Arwen box, the Aragorn sculpt, Galadriel not having a crown and some paint jobs being subpar...there's just issues with every release.

I know there's only one Hot Toys, but when they make a mistake, it seems like an anomaly. The Commander Cody arm disaster comes to mind. But most of their releases are solid. Damtoys has shown improvement in virtually everything, even if they can't get the Assassin hoods right. ThreeZero seems to improve on every release. LIMToys is about to blow everyone out of the water with a release in the next week or two.

Then there's Asmus, who are plagued by bad photos, production flaws and quality control issues. It's really a shame - because there COULD be a top three sixth scale maker. Their tailoring and accessories have always been at the top of the game. There's just always something off on the sculpts (except for the rare occasion like Elrond, Theoden and now Arwen), but even when they get it right like they did with Arwen, there's quality control issues that have people down.

I feel like Asmus had built up a lot of good will with some recent releases and announcements, it would be a shame to see them lose that because they're had a terrible couple of weeks that haven't seen to be improving.

Back