Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have received Arwen. There is no art box with the deluxe, just a brown box with a sticker that says "Arwen". We started bad. The likeness with Liv Tyler is very good. I did not like the sleeves of the dress, it is the first time that I do not like something from Asmus clothes. The rest of the dress is well done. Table and divan, fine, but the divan legs go with magnets and fit more or less the same as the Gandalf crown mailbox, that is, they fit badly. You have to test which leg fits best in each hole, because none of them fit well. The sheets are any two pieces of fabric cut out, nothing to do with what we can see in the movie or in the mini statue of weta. The book and the candlestick are good too. If I hadn't had to pay the extra shipping and import fees and absurd handling fee to FeDex, I wouldn't have cared as much, but at the price I've paid, it's the first time I've ever regretted buying an Asmus figure.
Amazing photos!!
What country are you from.
It scares me reading of import tax,extra shipping and a FedEx fee on top.

I'm from Spain. Thanks to everyone who liked the photos. The set up is provisional. I actually plan to make a proper diorama. I have an Elrond in the council robe that I made long ago. I will use it for this diorama even though it is not movie accurate for this scene

Attachments

• a8d4f27b-8818-41a1-83e1-c4797a02a30e.jpg
    a8d4f27b-8818-41a1-83e1-c4797a02a30e.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 161
I'm from Spain. Thanks to everyone who liked the photos. The set up is provisional. I actually plan to make a proper diorama. I have an Elrond in the council robe that I made long ago. I will use it for this diorama even though it is not movie accurate for this scene
hola desde australia!!

Love this pic with Elrond too.
He looks amazing in those Council robes.
Excited to see what your proper diorama will look like if this one is just provisional.

Wow, this is great!! :rock Love that Elrond in robes!

I have received Arwen. There is no art box with the deluxe, just a brown box with a sticker that says "Arwen". We started bad. The likeness with Liv Tyler is very good. I did not like the sleeves of the dress, it is the first time that I do not like something from Asmus clothes. The rest of the dress is well done. Table and divan, fine, but the divan legs go with magnets and fit more or less the same as the Gandalf crown mailbox, that is, they fit badly. You have to test which leg fits best in each hole, because none of them fit well. The sheets are any two pieces of fabric cut out, nothing to do with what we can see in the movie or in the mini statue of weta. The book and the candlestick are good too. If I hadn't had to pay the extra shipping and import fees and absurd handling fee to FeDex, I wouldn't have cared as much, but at the price I've paid, it's the first time I've ever regretted buying an Asmus figure.
Thank you for your review. I can't believe we've got another issue similar to the Crown Gandalf mailbox. That frustrates me to no end.

Your custom "Council Elrond" looks fantastic!

Thank you for your review. I can't believe we've got another issue similar to the Crown Gandalf mailbox. That frustrates me to no end.

For what it's worth, mine popped right together. The magnets are very strong. They fit way better than the mailbox/gate situation with Gandalf's base. So there's a chance it's not a widespread issue.

Fed Ex failed again today... supposed to be here before 12, then claimed before end of day,
then at 9:30pm claimed it could be potentially delayed, and now after 11pm shows it's still two states away!
What a waste of a day waiting - for nothing :mad:

Fed Ex failed again today... supposed to be here before 12, then claimed before end of day,
then at 9:30pm claimed it could be potentially delayed, and now after 11pm shows it's still two states away!
What a waste of a day waiting - for nothing :mad:
Can you pick it up from the sorting location they take it back to? I’ve done it for other packages as I didn’t want to possibly miss them !

I live on a small island with no sorting location less than an hours drive away, so no.
But even if I could, the package is still en route (not "on truck out for delivery" as they claimed)
and two complete states away from me.
I'll just have to wait longer to get it.

Very nice! Would love to see some more pics of Elrond.
I was thinking of making this same custom outfit just the other night. But I should finish one of the other dozens I have started first..

If I had that Elrond I probably would have kept my Arwen order. Looks great. :rock

Still haven’t opened mine (other than the outer shipper), but I must say, the lack of an art box on the more expensive exclusive version is disappointing. If nothing else, I expected them to include the figure and standard accessories in the regular version box, with the exclusive items in a plain brown box. I don’t display the boxes, but I know some do, and it seems like a lazy solution and a poor way to reward those who spent more $$ on your product.

I feel that way too. I’m not going to cancel over it, and I’m not going to stop supporting the line - yet - but it does feel that Asmus has cut a couple of corners lately and I’m not particularly happy about it.

Yes. I’m going to give them another 2-3 days and then hit them up. I shouldn’t have had to pay if they weren’t shipping for two weeks.

I’m still waiting too and I paid the invoice the day after I got the notice so it’s been some time already.

Back