Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FedEx shipping cost to be included in my invoice when I get it since I'm in Canuckle Land (and EMS is not offered). I've been using DHL for the stuff that I've getting from Japan, so I'm fine with the procedure.

Yup! Just got and paid my invoice too!

Between 3Z's GOT figures and Asmus' LOTR figures, this has been a very busy summer for me!

And how many that you end up getting due to FOMO fears @Bucky Underbelly?

Oof. This being forced to pay FedEx shipping kinda stinks. Never had an issue previously and I never pay up for the fast shipping when I have the option for my figures.

I'm sure that someone here will take it off your hands when you put it for grabs on the Sales Boards when you get it @pixletwin.

Here's what the FAQ mentions.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-09 214121.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-09 214121.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 51
just received an email with PayPal invoice and then Asmus canceled my invoice
weird

Attachments

• E9B1B77E-4412-4FFA-9400-1C12BCFB988B.jpeg
    E9B1B77E-4412-4FFA-9400-1C12BCFB988B.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 46
  • F99D3159-8F15-4B18-AB74-AA1A0C5E06B4.jpeg
    F99D3159-8F15-4B18-AB74-AA1A0C5E06B4.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 42
Just got my invoice… not sure if I want her anymore.

Looks like it is an extra $21 under the new shipping policy?

My remaining balance was $251 (I put a $20 deposit back in June) so the total is $271 (original price of $250 shipped).

Yeah, wasn't to happy to see that extra shipping charge since it didn't seem to exist at the time the order was placed. Had I known then, I likely would've gone with another retailer. Is there really no other option? I don't mind waiting for slower/cheaper shipping, Asmus.

My email to U.K./Europe buyers has the same ‘fedex only’ shipping option included in the invoice with the added bonus of Asmus saying we have one month to decide if we wish to pay the extra and, after that, the figure will be sold to the next buyer in line.
Pay more than you planned for or get nothing.

So now I need to find out if the same applies to the Galadriel they’ve been holding for me or if they’ve just given that away as well.
Get your **** together, Taiwan.

I paid the invoice with the shipping extra, but this is the last time I buy from Asmus directly. In addition to all the problem we had with Galadriel, their exclusives are not worth it if apart from paying that extra for the exclusive piece, you have to pay extra shipping and then import fees and taxes ... In this case, Arwen's couch alone is as expensive as another complete figure at any other seller.

Wasn't particularly happy about the extra $21, but that's mostly because I was used to their free shipping policy. $21 isn't much more than what Sideshow charges for domestic shipping these days, it's typically $18-20 from California to me in NJ. If Asmus has this from Taiwain to me in the same time or less as the usual Sideshow package, I don't really care. If it's longer, I'll be annoyed.

Paid my invoice as well!

Edit: As with the majority, I'm not too thrilled with the extra shipping costs. I too will most likely order from another online site that provides some reward points to offset any additional costs. I'm in no rush to get a figure if I can save some money.

Last edited:
Came into this thread expecting some photos and impressions on the new Arwen figure. But instead got posts about people complaining about paying extra for shipping…I just don’t care V_V

Came into this thread expecting some photos and impressions on the new Arwen figure. But instead got posts about people complaining about paying extra for shipping…I just don’t care V_V
Yeah, about that …
Kinda tough to review or discuss a figure I just got invoiced for yesterday and won’t receive for at least 7-10 days, depending on how quickly Asmus ships. 🙄
But I’m happy to add my disdain for the extra hidden shipping fee tacked to my balance due invoice. If they needed to go that route, they should’ve eaten the extra fees this time for those of us who preordered under the false expectation that the total cost for the exclusive would be $250. Then they could add in the extra shipping cost going forward to new preorders and let the buyer know up front.
Poor business practice.

Let’s cut them a little slack here.

Between covid and all the tension with China, I’m sure shipping isn’t exactly the easiest thing for them to deal with right now. I doubt they intentionally wanted to mislead their customers. Despite their customer service sometimes being lacking, they are overall a customer friendly company.

Again, this charge is as much as Sideshow charges domestically and way cheaper than they charge internationally. Even Timewalker and One Sixth Outfitters charge like $12-15 for these figures. It’s only BBTS you get away with free shipping.

If $20 extra is a deal breaker this maybe isn’t the right purchase for you. Now we know going forward. Give them a break this time.

Lol.
$20 isn’t a “deal breaker” for me; I’m just not happy that the deal I agreed to months ago got amended without my consent.
If someone is ok with a company slapping an added fee to a purchase after the fact, well, that’s kind of odd, IMO.
I’ve supported Asmus and their Middle Earth lines since the beginning, and I can easily afford the $20. But I think ethically it’s wrong to presell a figure with a total price of $250 shipped, take a $20 deposit, then invoice the balance as $251, making the cost $250 + $21 or $271 total.
As I mention, if they had started this as a practice going forward, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, as long as they clearly state that there may be an additional fee added for shipping when the balance is due.

Funny. I came here specifically to disappoint you. Success! 🙄 Unfortunately the extra shipping we are paying for ain't that fast bud.

I just don't like how it was sprung on us with the invoice. Never had an issue with the slow shipping from asmus. Don't have to deal with customs issues like other countries so its a bummer we gotta feel the fallout. But it is what it is. I'll adjust my purchasing to wherever the best deal is now, given that this exclusive isn't even really exclusive. May still be asmus direct, may not. Always appreciated asmus' friendly customer service.

Wait a sec here.

It's it only the Deluxe version that being asked for payment or is it for both versions according to the pre-orders placed? Can anyone else verify that as it looks like the Deluxe is being asked for payment as of now.

Back