1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone noticed the light up base is a different color from the IG-88 base.

Yes, been posted.

Next color will be yellow. Then green.

I'd say this is the very best figure in the SW line and the best SS figure I own... Blown away.

What!? Weren't you majorly disappointed by pics? This is quite a turnaround!

tweaked some more but still needs a little more here and there..........but here's a few...
bf2.jpg

bf1.jpg

THEM MOTHER ____ERS !!!!!..........:wink1:

bf3.jpg

bf4.jpg

bf5.jpg

Ok after reading this thread and way earlier I canceled my EX Boba because of the price for a stupid base. Then a couple of months go by and I see picks of Boba Fett on the "stupid" EX base and long story short my newly reordered EX Boba Fett will be here in a week or so :slap guess the look of the EX base grew on me and I began to like it. Will end up using the bespin base for my custom Boush.

Don't know how SSC does it but some how they drag me back to order.

:hi5:
Ordered my Ex today also, let the race begin to see whos arrives first. :panic:

Yes, been posted.

Next color will be yellow. Then green.

What!? Weren't you majorly disappointed by pics? This is quite a turnaround!

Well, I modded my vest in advance, bought through TA and got it Monday. I added some bulk under the jumpsuit to the chest and shoulders to fill out the vest and just futzed the whole thing... It's damn near perfect now, IMO. I'm happy as can be. :D

Great shot, Flosi!

So what method on the cutting? Did you cut away most of the plastic backing or did you cut along the lines that match with the outside armor.

Excited that you're excited. Makes my wait a little more painful though. :)

Can't wait for those outdoor shots!

Yah... i'm excited on the vest modding too... Besides that, do you bend / curve the green amour too? How do you do that using the hairdryer? It seems very tough to bend? I'm afraid that I might tear the vest during the process on bending?

Any tips on this? Appreciate your kind feedbacks.

Came home from work and found this massive package in the living room so I promptly tore it open. Boba comes in a big box! Pretty impressive packaging. :yess:

Anyhow, got to work futzing him up. Did the water treatment on the braids, tugged out the sleeves a little. The abdomen chest plate only curved a little despite my efforts but the vest is looking much better. Snipped away at the plastic backing which must have helped and the hot water seems to have shrunk the vest, making it more from fitting. Plus, fastened the velcro a bit more before putting the screws back in.

The hot water melted the vest a tiny bit and stuck to the edge of the amour plates, ended up tearing a little. However, a dab of superglue fixed this and had the unintended effect of making the vest kind of creased/wrinkled at the sides.

Photos to come.

He does have a lot of hands that may never get used. I wish Sideshow would put all those hand sculpts in ther GI Joe figures.

I still can't get over the green they used on the helmet. Too LEGO-like and just stands out too much. I may have to return him. :dunno

Back