1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I'm working on the next batch of 3 (sorry that's also slower than I expected) I'm filling in some gaps in the photos so I can post the long awaited tutorial.

I did use a dowel rod to extend forearms and then covered them with milliput; that way they were reinforced and honestly seem very stable once it's all done. I would not go swinging a Wampa around by the forearm, but it's pretty solid.

edited-image_zps2aaier5n.png

This is an image of a body w/o the milliput added to the seams. Even at this point with just super glue (a lot of of super glue) the altered limbs are pretty stable. But what I do is coat each one in the milliput smooth them down so it becomes even more stable and a bit smoother under the fur outfit.

i did something differen`t as i did not know where this body togetherness looked like so i used those forearms off of an extra KO HT type body and cut the connector part that fits together where the muscle joined together. i never knew about those rods. would hot glue work or is it not as strong as milliput ?

Use milliput or another 2-part apoxy. It will dry super hard; kind of like clay... but not brittle. I actually started using Aves since they sell it in larger containers; but for a single Wampa one box of Milliput should be sufficient.

ok thanks joe. i love this big boy i had to add some extra hair to the back of the sculpt as the hair wasn`t long enough and had a big open spot of flesh from the neck showing. now i need to figure out how to add these strips of velcro onto the suit.

As I'm working on the next batch of 3 (sorry that's also slower than I expected) I'm filling in some gaps in the photos so I can post the long awaited tutorial.

I did use a dowel rod to extend forearms and then covered them with milliput; that way they were reinforced and honestly seem very stable once it's all done. I would not go swinging a Wampa around by the forearm, but it's pretty solid.

edited-image_zps2aaier5n.png

This is an image of a body w/o the milliput added to the seams. Even at this point with just super glue (a lot of of super glue) the altered limbs are pretty stable. But what I do is coat each one in the milliput smooth them down so it becomes even more stable and a bit smoother under the fur outfit.

How long is the arm, leg and torso on that modded body? For my Wampa parts I'm contemplating just building a body out of scaled-up 1/6 parts. And are the hands and feet tailored to pop into that type of ankle/wrist joint, are they just glued on?

How long is the arm, leg and torso on that modded body? For my Wampa parts I'm contemplating just building a body out of scaled-up 1/6 parts. And are the hands and feet tailored to pop into that type of ankle/wrist joint, are they just glued on?

i believe they are pre drilled to fit the coo model if i`m not mistaken. Tali. did you get a set of cast parts for your wampa ?

Saw someone on Facebook use a large Hulk body for his custom Wampa. Probably too large, but the biggest issue is that the arms lack articulation (no elbows, shoulders restricted, etc.)

For a long while it seemed there was always a 1/4 base body around and now... nothing except $100+ Coo resales. Anyone know of anything coming down the pipe?

nope. i eventually had to bite the bullet and get one of those coo models on ebay. i can`t remember what i paid for it at the time. but no one had him at retail at the time.

ok here is some crappy cell phone photo`s of my new favorite item in my collection so far. he is a beast for sure i just have to figure out a home to place him when i`m done working on him. still need to fatten him up a little just dont know what would be a good material to use. but yeah i`m glad i jumped on board for this guy when this project started. thanks again Joe for making this happen :duff. the one photo with arm stretched out i was going to put my ton ton there but was lazy and did not want to shuffle the items in the detolf so you can imagine the wampa putting his mittens around the ton ton`s neck.
IMG_0523 (10).JPG
ATTACH=CONFIG]459239[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0524 (1).JPG
    IMG_0524 (1).JPG
    456.8 KB · Views: 341
thank you Ian. the hardest part was putting it together with no idea where to start. i think he turned out great. i think he`s close to 17" in height i think that`s a good scale to have him at. i remember the gentle giant jumbo wampa they made was like 22" i think that would be way to big.

That looks so awesome! I’m jealous, the wampa is one of my favorites.

Nice work Ed! Sorry about the gapping of the fur on the back of his head... I tried versions where it was longer, but it ended up looking odd. On the figures I've finished I ended up making a bit of a sock to cover the neck so it all ends up blending together once put together. It's not perfect as you can't quite get a fur suit that never gaps, but I find that after I pose the figure if I give it a bit of a futz you can cover up any issues.

I'll try to get some body measurements for people... and Ed is right; the Wampa feet and hands are designed to plug directly onto the Coo Model bodies. You could certainly adapt them for something else, but even at around $100 I don't think you'd find a better body/value than the Coo Model one.

Back