1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- Figures in Progess!

A very quick photo of the 3 nearly done ones... heads aren't really pushed into place here as it's just a test fitting.

edited-image_zpsrkpaxssd.png

Re: 1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- Figures in Progess!

yeah this thing is going to look awesome in the collection once done. thanks joe for the project :duff

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

So for those who purchased a full figure... a hard decision will need to be made:

Clean Vs Weathered
edited-image_zps0unlelx6.png

edited-image_zpsc8r6jymd.png

edited-image_zpspsz5hjow.png
edited-image_zpschkqigi4.png

In all honesty I think the clean is probably more accurate... looking at the Tippet puppet as it's seen on screen and how polar bears look in the wild they're pretty clean. But, it also kind of feels right to have him slightly dirtied-up.

Whatdyathink?

That’s a definite option. It’s not hard to do... just have to be careful not to pull out any of the individually applied pieces of hair. But they’re pretty resilient.

Incredible work! The weathered version looks very nice, but maybe not screen accurate.

Polar bears do have some yellow-ish brown in their coats, but that may also be a time-of-year thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!

I figure on the weathering it really is just a personal preference. I'm happy to do it either way and it's also not hard to do on your own.

It seems like on-screen in the OT the Wampa (what you saw of him) was pretty clean. But in photos he's always a little bit dirty and they really dirtied him up for the SE version.

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

So for those who purchased a full figure... a hard decision will need to be made:

Clean Vs Weathered
edited-image_zps0unlelx6.png

edited-image_zpsc8r6jymd.png

edited-image_zpspsz5hjow.png
edited-image_zpschkqigi4.png

In all honesty I think the clean is probably more accurate... looking at the Tippet puppet as it's seen on screen and how polar bears look in the wild they're pretty clean. But, it also kind of feels right to have him slightly dirtied-up.

Whatdyathink?

Looks absolutely amazing Man!!! SS and HT could definitely learn a thing or two.:rock:duff

Wish I didn't have so much crap going on when the project started to have to miss out. I'm definitely gonna be on board for the 2nd production run, variants and eventual 1/4 scale version.:monkey3

:lol

Nice to see this progressing. While I think the weathered looks cooler in many respects, I'll stick with the clean version.

Polar bears do have some yellow-ish brown in their coats, but that may also be a time-of-year thing.

I just checked down in the basement and the yellow is definitely part of the fur, not dirty. Been there since at least last summer.

Thanks everyone!

The finished figures look spectacular, I'm sure their owners will be thrilled.

I have to find some time (and a 1/4 body) to get the ball rolling on mine - the parts are just sitting waiting - kept company by a lot of other parts for customs to be assembled.

Back