1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Body & Fur Suit Update!

Thanks Spud, I thought so too...

Right now I'm trying to locate a source for the bodies. Seems the pre-orders sold out from a lot of places, but I think I can still get them from KGHobby (where I got this one) but I'm not sure how many they have, or how long they will keep them in stock.

It seems to be around $80 to $100... a few places had it for pre-order for closer to $60; but those are now gone :monkey2

Removable arm? :wink1:

Sure, just pop the seams and pull really hard :lecture

so gb how will this kit work? full figure is it put together already or will it be a D.I.Y kit comes with fur suit or the body will have the suit on already.

so gb how will this kit work? full figure is it put together already or will it be a D.I.Y kit comes with fur suit or the body will have the suit on already.

This is what I'm thinking:
The Full Figure; would be just that. A figure that's been painted, assembled, weathered and ready for display. The number will be based on demand and how many bodies I can track down. I'm thinking it will be limited to 10; at least to start out with.

Kit: Not sure; at a minimum the casts would be available to anyone that wanted to make a figure of their own. I don't know how many suits I'd want to make past the full sets; it will easily be the most time consuming part for me and I can't see me realistically doing a lot.

I plan to share everything I've done so that if someone wanted to make it on their own they could follow my example, or at least use that as a starting point.

Thanks man,

I managed to order 10 bodies from a retailer... but the link would be great for anyone wanting to build their own. It seems like the original shipment of these sold out, but I think more will be available in March or April.

I found some fur like you did at my craft store I would have bought if I knew how to sew :)

I'm actually having a bit of trouble sourcing the fabric at the moment... the eBay seller I got the fabric from only has 1 more yard in stock and has not responded when I asked if they would stock more. I found another store online that carries what I think is the same fabric; I ordered a sample... so fingers crossed.

the stuff I found has a leather on the back there were two of them. they looked like good wampa fur

You can add me to the interest list to round out 30.

the stuff I found has a leather on the back there were two of them. they looked like good wampa fur

That would probably be too thick then... the fur I used was fabric all around. But the pile was thick enough that you couldn't see through it; which is an issue with some faux fur.

You can add me to the interest list to round out 30.

Gotcha :duff

Looks great GB. Any news on getting the head, hands, and feet?

Back