1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Update 4/18/17!!!

Hi everyone, things are moving right along. I've heard back from Caine and he expects to start sculpting in a few days. He currently has the modified body and usually his turn around is pretty quick.

Also, I've made the final payment for the bodies; so I have 10 coming to me and was told they are expected to arrive to the dealer w/in a week and then will ship out afterward.

And finally, I have ordered the necessary fabric to make suits for the 10 bodies.

So where the project stands now:

Full Figures (10)
There will be a total of 10 slots for full figures; this will include a customized body, handmade fur suit, painted and haired head, hands and feet. The anticipated cost for this is still $500 before shipping. It may go up a touch and I will say the absolute highest will be $600. At this time I do not plan on making packaging for the figure; I know some people like this but I don't see the point of adding a lot of cost for something like this.

To secure a slot I will require a deposit of $250; this is to cover the material costs of which I have already paid close to $1200 on out of my own pocket.

Once the sculpts from the Caine are approved, that is when the deposit will be required. I will go off the interest list first; but it will be first come first served. It's possible I may consider a 2nd run of full figures; but it would only be after the initial 10 were done and if I don't want to kill myself :lol

Cast Sets
I think we can offer as many casts of the pieces as you want; the cost for just the casts will be around $150 before shipping. This would include a raw cast of the head, hands and feet.

Fur Suits
At this time I do not believe the suits alone will be offered; it's a lot of time to make them and there is no guarantee it will fit on a body that you modified yourself. I am happy to share the pattern for what I've done and fabric; but it just doesn't help me to try and make these things if it's not on the full figure.

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

So a quick question for those still interested in a full figure or kit... what do you all want to do for the feet?

The original costumes did not have feet, just looks like the fur kind of pooled around at the bottom. Nowadays illustrations always give them 3 large toes.

I'm thinking 3 toe is probably the best looking design, but I figured I'd see what others thought.

No feet... unused full costume:
Wampa02.jpg
wampa3-man.jpg

3 Toes; SE and similar:
544742630_3cc6182ab7.jpg

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Feet Question?

I heard from Caine and he's hoping to have something to show next week. And once the sculpts are approved I'll give everyone a heads up and they can just post here if they are still in and if they can send the deposit.

I believe we can get up to 30 total sets of casts; so 10 full sets and 20 additional casts (for the DIY crew) if there's that much interest.

I added your name to the interest list. I'll hopefully be finalizing the 10 full figures soon.

I heard from Caine and he's hoping to have something to show next week. And once the sculpts are approved I'll give everyone a heads up and they can just post here if they are still in and if they can send the deposit.

I believe we can get up to 30 total sets of casts; so 10 full sets and 20 additional casts (for the DIY crew) if there's that much interest.

I'm still down for a cast of the head, hands, and feet.

You got it :duff

And I got an early WIP from Caine today... it's shaping up nicely. I'm pretty excited for how this will turn out :rock :rock :rock

It's a bit early on for that... I don't want to show anything until Caine is comfortable. But as a start I think it's going to work great.

But as soon as I can I will share pics, and my intention is to get feedback and Caine is definitely open to that as well.

Got in the 10 bodies and 7 yards (21'x5') of Wampa fur... these are gonna be so badass :rock :rock

ad8cae9a-4784-47c2-9464-1eae382717cc_zps4oooxttc.jpg

Great looking

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Excited to see what you do with those GB. You always do great work.

Wonder what he will look like next to my Tauntaun Deluxe

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back