1/6 Toys Ace - TE0002 Clone Detective (Rick Deckard, Blade Runner)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
t2.jpg

t3.jpg
t4.jpg
t5.jpg
t6.jpg
t7.jpg
t8.jpg
t9.jpg
t10.jpg
t11.jpg
t12.jpg
t13.jpg
t14.jpg
t15.jpg
t16.jpg

t1.jpg

The 1/6th scale the Clone Detective Figure features:

- One (1) highly realistic detailed head sculpt
- Detailed hair sculpture
- Head sculpt is specially hand-painted with bruise detail
- 1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair closed fist hands
- One (1) pair pistol holding hands
- One (1) glass holding right hand
- One (1) bottle holding right hand
- One (1) relaxed left hand

Costume:
- One (1) brown trenchcoat
- One (1) printed red-gray shirt
- One (1) red-gray checkered tie
- One (1) dark rust brown pants
- One (1) brown belt
- One (1) pair of black colored shoes

Weapon:
- One (1) handgun

Accessories:
- One (1) brown gun holster
- One (1) wristwatch
- One (1) detective ID with badge wallet
- One (1) phone card
- One (1) apartment card key
- One (1) credit card
- One (1) whiskey bottle
- One (1) whiskey glass (empty)
- One (1) whiskey glass (filled)
- One (1) photograph
- Figure stand

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5114

well whats the consensus guys i missed out on dark toys and currently stuck with redman.

well whats the consensus guys i missed out on dark toys and currently stuck with redman.
I think the Dark Toys version looks superior quality wise. The head sculpt looks not as soft as DT but the likeness is off with the TA one. I kinda like the expression here but to me it doesn't look much like Harrison Ford. at all.
But here we only have the promo pics. So we won't be able to truly tell until we see the final product in hand.
I still think it's always nice to have alternatives. However they could have at least used another shirt and/or pants for this release. That would have been cool. And also much more of an incentive for the people that already have the Dark Toys version to buy this one as well. That's a shame.

The Toys Ace shirt might be more accurate than Dark Toys', at least the collar pattern is in the right place.

These photos are from the auction of the original costume:

Blade Runner 1982 Deckard prop costume 3.jpg

Blade Runner 1982 Deckard prop costume 4.jpg

(The auction listing put the arrows on).

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/319/lot/88770

The trousers being closer to the colour of the jacket, rather than being brown, may also be more accurate unless Deckard changed them:

Blade Runner 1982 Deckard prop costume 1.jpg

They also had his shoes, which were dark brown rather than black:

Blade Runner 1982 Deckard prop costume 2.jpg

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/347/lot/112755

I think the Dark Toys version looks superior quality wise. The head sculpt looks not as soft as DT but the likeness is off with the TA one. I kinda like the expression here but to me it doesn't look much like Harrison Ford. at all.
But here we only have the promo pics. So we won't be able to truly tell until we see the final product in hand.
I still think it's always nice to have alternatives. However they could have at least used another shirt and/or pants for this release. That would have been cool. And also much more of an incentive for the people that already have the Dark Toys version to buy this one as well. That's a shame.
well the recasts are better so more about the outfit. the lack of the machine hopefully drives the price lower.

is the head with or without neck?

did he already have the bruises with this outfit?

the tie knot sucks though.

Shame they didn't go for a totally different outfit.

I know it's not the same but the head sculpt kinda reminds me of the Sideshow version that was displayed at SDCC a number of years ago, sculpt was based on their TOD Ford somewhat.

582C3D9C-05A4-4B55-9392-44DD364CA9C8.png
1216B944-98A5-4429-9B54-22F44E85D24E.png
7A6FAE75-B4D9-44D9-B2F7-64F667CF50C8.png

This must be about the one hundredth unlicensed version of this character by now.

Shame they didn't go for a totally different outfit.

I know it's not the same but the head sculpt kinda reminds me of the Sideshow version that was displayed at SDCC a number of years ago, sculpt was based on their TOD Ford somewhat.

View attachment 684631View attachment 684632View attachment 684633
i dont know. somehow the photo that shows the upper part of the face, and the side view looks like ford, but when you see the full frontal something feels off.

The Toys Ace shirt might be more accurate than Dark Toys', at least the collar pattern is in the right place.

True but the shirt collar itself looks huge... so I'm not sure if it would be much of an improvement...

The material used for the collar of the coat also looks more movie accurate than Dark Toys. But it's too thick...

well the recasts are better so more about the outfit. the lack of the machine hopefully drives the price lower.

is the head with or without neck?

I think $152 is a great price for todays standards.
And Asta is right, no neck version this time.

Are there any good replacement sculpts still for sale which would be better than the one provided?

There are Dark Toys recasts being sold on eBay and etsy. Those are pretty solid.

True but the shirt collar itself looks huge... so I'm not sure if it would be much of an improvement...

The material used for the collar of the coat also looks more movie accurate than Dark Toys. But it's too thick...

I think $152 is a great price for todays standards.

I was looking at the Toys Ace only as an option for parts, but it's debatable whether any of it would improve the Dark Toys.

After changing the strangely painted stock head for the ebay replacement and the shoes for CraftOne's Lt. Hanna, my remaining problems with the Dark Toys are:

1) Not being able to make him tall enough because his trousers are too short.

2) The coat could do with wire so it would drape better, and not stick out at the front.

3) The collar pattern placement.

IMG_1976.JPG

That portrait is nowhere near Ford IMO. Happy with the earlier version.

View attachment 684649

I like the guns.

Your Deckard still has the long neck issue that Dark Toys saddled him with. My problem now after changing the body and sculpt is that his neck is too short if plugged right in. I've had to raise it with some white tack.

I always appreciate seeing any new Deckard figure... but yeah that sculpt just ain't working for me. Maybe if it had come with his blue shirt instead it might have been worth picking up, but not for this look we already have.

I was looking at the Toys Ace only as an option for parts, but it's debatable whether any of it would improve the Dark Toys.

After changing the strangely painted stock head for the ebay replacement and the shoes for CraftOne's Lt. Hanna, my remaining problems with the Dark Toys are:

1) Not being able to make him tall enough because his trousers are too short.

2) The coat could do with wire so it would drape better, and not stick out at the front.

3) The collar pattern placement.

Same here. The shoes of the Toys Ace figure look like a huge improvement over the original Dark Toys ones. Those were the cheapest part of the entire figure back then. The belt and holster as well.
I also wouldn't mind a better quality badge...

Which body did you use?
I used a Coo Model narrow shoulder body and it's almost 31 cm tall now. Harrison Ford is supposed to be 185 cm. So that sounds about right...

Adding wire to the coat shouldn't be too hard. Though I haven't tried it yet. However I did relocate the collar pattern:

Blade Runner Deckard.jpg

It was a bit of work but I think it looks better now so it was worth it.

Back