1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fcmzxahvgaexavt-jpeg.542912

But just imagine if instead of guns, it was a lollipop dispenser. Just a bunch of lollipops sticking out of his back.
Batman: "I have come to hand out lollipops and kick ass! ....And I'm all out of lollipops!
...oh wait no, I got plenty. "

Last edited:
And the obvious issue is that Marvel continually pumps out new content and popular characters. DC can't. SW isn't on the quantity level, but is working on it. But you would think there would be a strategy where they don't want releases to eat into other releases, but it seems like HT doesn't have that problem with Marvel. I just assume that Nightwing would be announced whenever Batgirl releases. Good luck with getting any villains past Joker and Harley. :monkey2

If you look at the way preorders seem to get out out, there is a loose pattern there. A big chunk of marvel, interspersed with as much or a little less Star Wars, and then a handful of DC or "other" (BTTF, Cyberpunk, IT, Hellboy, Alita etc). That pattern seems to hold going back at least 2 years. The most recent "others" were BTTF. If I had to guess, they'll announce something DC (likely Nightwing, maybe new Harley if old ones ship) to hold us over until the barrage of No way home and maybe eternals and the new Boba Fett show. Then we'll see how serious they were about the Black Adam/Flash etc.

And yeah, I'd be very surprised about villain's, even Marvel see's them rarely, unless it's an independently popular character.

If you look at the way preorders seem to get out out, there is a loose pattern there. A big chunk of marvel, interspersed with as much or a little less Star Wars, and then a handful of DC or "other" (BTTF, Cyberpunk, IT, Hellboy, Alita etc). That pattern seems to hold going back at least 2 years. The most recent "others" were BTTF. If I had to guess, they'll announce something DC (likely Nightwing, maybe new Harley if old ones ship) to hold us over until the barrage of No way home and maybe eternals and the new Boba Fett show. Then we'll see how serious they were about the Black Adam/Flash etc.

And yeah, I'd be very surprised about villain's, even Marvel see's them rarely, unless it's an independently popular character.
I am still pretty shocked (pun intended) about Shazam not being made. Don't quite get that one. I'd be shocked as well if we get nothing from the DC movies starting next year.

I am still pretty shocked (pun intended) about Shazam not being made. Don't quite get that one. I'd be shocked as well if we get nothing from the DC movies starting next year.
See based upon Hot Toys track record with DC, I would actually be shocked if we DO get something from them from next year’s DC movies.

See based upon Hot Toys track record with DC, I would actually be shocked if we DO get something from them from next year’s DC movies.

You don't think that a Battinson figure is a fairly sure thing? And if, as anticipated, the movie is a big success then also probably a Zoe Kravitz Catwoman as well?

You don't think that a Battinson figure is a fairly sure thing? And if, as anticipated, the movie is a big success then also probably a Zoe Kravitz Catwoman as well?
You mean the way Harley from The Suicide Squad was a “sure thing?”
I seem to recall the only question being HOW MANY Harleys would be released…Howard loves Harley, right?
Or…Harley seems to sell really well for Hot Toys! That one didn’t age too well either, did it?
The only “sure thing” with Hot Toys when it comes to DC is that they care more about every eyesore alien bellying up to the bar in the background of The Mandalorian than they do about ANY DC character.

Prime 1 revealing a bunch of DC statues today. ZSJL, Dark Metal. Now that's some quality releases. Too bad Prime 1 doesn't do DC figures and just statues. Statues are just too expensive nowadays.

Yeah, it's a damn shame. Their statues are nice.

I am inclined to think that HT would of course make Black Adam, cuz duh, The Rock. But it's HT, and they passed on John Cena and Idris Elba (so many times), so... I feel certain we'll get Batman.

You mean the way Harley from The Suicide Squad was a “sure thing?”
I seem to recall the only question being HOW MANY Harleys would be released…Howard loves Harley, right?
Or…Harley seems to sell really well for Hot Toys! That one didn’t age too well either, did it?
Harley Quinn is not Batman. There will be The Batman merchandise from Hot Toys.

Harley Quinn is not Batman. There will be The Batman merchandise from Hot Toys.
And Batman is not The Joker…but that didn’t stop Hot Toys from passing up the opportunity to make a universally appreciated version of probably the MOST popular character to merchandise by not making a Knightmare Joker figure…Batman has never appeared in The Mandalorian and is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe…so we’ll just have to wait and see.

And Batman is not The Joker…but that didn’t stop Hot Toys from passing up the opportunity to make a universally appreciated version of probably the MOST popular character to merchandise by not making a Knightmare Joker figure…Batman has never appeared in The Mandalorian and is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe…so we’ll just have to wait and see.
Leto joker didn’t sell before. They made many beforehand but he was poorly received. Now if we are taking the 2019 joker movie then yes they should have made toys on that but that was a rights issue. The Batman has toys already coming out. If this movie makes bank then you’ll bet we will see Batman but I’m 99% positive hot toys will make it cause Batman sells

We had every reason to suspect a Harley would be made from TSS. The fact that they only made King Shark shows how much DC matters to Howard and HT. While they did show off licenses for upcoming DC movies, it is no guarantee with this company. With the passing on Shazam, you have no idea if you will get a Black Adam, another Shazam nor Aquaman (which wasn't shown on their picture of licenses). 100% guarantee on BatPat. They should be milking The Flash movie with at least 4 figures, maybe Supergirl to make 5. Pretty obvious DC is in the dumps with HT right now.

We had every reason to suspect a Harley would be made from TSS. The fact that they only made King Shark shows how much DC matters to Howard and HT. While they did show off licenses for upcoming DC movies, it is no guarantee with this company. With the passing on Shazam, you have no idea if you will get a Black Adam, another Shazam nor Aquaman (which wasn't shown on their picture of licenses). 100% guarantee on BatPat. They should be milking The Flash movie with at least 4 figures, maybe Supergirl to make 5. Pretty obvious DC is in the dumps with HT right now.
I’m still amazed how they teased Shazam and never released it

And Batman is not The Joker…but that didn’t stop Hot Toys from passing up the opportunity to make a universally appreciated version of probably the MOST popular character to merchandise by not making a Knightmare Joker figure…
You mean from the same movie where they released a Batman figure?😉

Back