1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Cyborg is the same across different media too…just like EVERY other character in the world. Unless it’s a fan film…once they release it, it’s the character.
Not sure what editorial powers you have been granted that you think allow you, and you alone, to decide which characters are the same or different across different media.
That decision is made by the entities who retain the copyright of those characters.
If it comes from DC then it’s Cyborg. If it comes from Marvel then it’s Captain America.
The validity of the character is not defined by your personal tastes, sorry to break it to you.
Nah . Again they aren’t the same. Kids aren’t dumb they can tell the difference between an iteration. Just cause you and your kids think cyborg is cool doesn’t mean he sells. If he sold so well why aren’t we seeing him everywhere? Why isn’t he as big as hawkeye. Your saying it’s not defined by my personal taste but you literally said your kids go crazy when they see cyborg. So what. That may not be true for everyone else. Hawkeye is getting his own show and sells toys and merch and is in way more media.
Not sure what gives YOU the power to think that a character is popular cause your kids like him. He’s a good character but compared to Star Wars or marvel characters he’s not on that level. Have several seats. Nobody knows who cyborg is beyond teen titans .

ask any child who Hawkeye is they’ll know instantly. Ask a kid who cyborg is and they’ll say he’s the guy from teen titans. Cause that’s his most popular media right now

Last edited:
A lot of "fail" in there. I personally don't think the ZSJL movie failed at all. The fact that no watch figures were released and BluRays in US only going on sale now shows it must have been a pretty big success on HBOMax.

It was WB and their meddling and bungled Josstice League release that made it a failure, not the characters or story imo.
My bad. It didn’t fail. I’m talking about it’s first attempt. But it’s still not a mcu success.

I agree with this only in the fact that 9/10, kids aren't the ones buying a $300+ HT figure. So, his popularity among children doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of HT figures as these are adult collectibles. Only time that matters is if you're buying your kids the HT Cyborg figure, but even then, the adult is still the one purchasing the figure.
Right. So it doesn’t matter if his kids go crazy over cyborg or not. They aren’t buying the toy. How many of the JL Snyder cyborgs Mattel sell off the shelves? Meanwhile marvel keeps releasing figures of old and new versions of Hawkeye to keep him in the minds of kids. Not the same

Right. So it doesn’t matter if his kids go crazy over cyborg or not. They aren’t buying the toy. How many of the JL Snyder cyborgs Mattel sell off the shelves? Meanwhile marvel keeps releasing figures of old and new versions of Hawkeye to keep him in the minds of kids. Not the same
Marvel had more fun. More fun, more toy sales. More dark, less toy sales. Then add in stupidity like no guns = little to none toys made.

Marvel had more fun. More fun, more toy sales. More dark, less toy sales. Then add in stupidity like no guns = little to none toys made.
Pretty much yes. The stupidity of DC is off the charts. Cyborg could be huge but they instead relagated him to one movie and a kiddy tv show. He was gaining traction in the early 00s due to the more mature teen titans but now people see him as the wacky robot from teen titans go .

My bad. It didn’t fail. I’m talking about it’s first attempt. But it’s still not a mcu success.
Ah OK fair enough. I guess we are all in agreeance here in some way or form regarding WB.

If WB was half as smart as Feige and Disney, we would all have more DC figures and way more cool movies with DC characters.

I will say however DC was always darker and that's good imo. More Marvel like movies with DC characters would suck.

Ah OK fair enough. I guess we are all in agreeance here in some way or form regarding WB.

If WB was half as smart as Feige and Disney, we would all have more DC figures and way more cool movies with DC characters.

I will say however DC was always darker and that's good imo. More Marvel like movies with DC characters would suck.
Sometimes DC makes home runs like joker and Shazam. Then they make duds like birds of prey. They have potential to make great quality work. But they do t apply themselves. Joker freaking won an Oscar lol

Sometimes DC makes home runs like joker and Shazam. Then they make duds like birds of prey. They have potential to make great quality work. But they do t apply themselves. Joker freaking won an Oscar lol
So did Suicide Squad :lol

Boy am I excited for The Flash.

D1EC44FA-B01B-4004-96E2-5DD7BC72270F.jpeg
E80A48F6-82A5-4AF6-9C8B-CA4ADD24428F.jpeg

Attachments

• 16AB9B50-98B4-4C94-9E3A-94D49494041E.jpeg
    16AB9B50-98B4-4C94-9E3A-94D49494041E.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 95
I agree with this only in the fact that 9/10, kids aren't the ones buying a $300+ HT figure. So, his popularity among children doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of HT figures as these are adult collectibles. Only time that matters is if you're buying your kids the HT Cyborg figure, but even then, the adult is still the one purchasing the figure.
Agreed on the 1/6 scale market…but the discussion left that part in the dust a long time ago and moved to the overall popularity of the character, specifically OUTSIDE of the $300 toy buyer demographic.
My point is that what middle aged guys think is cool and what the target demographic for all of this media find to be cool are not necessarily the same thing.

Agreed on the 1/6 scale market…but the discussion left that part in the dust a long time ago and moved to the overall popularity of the character, specifically OUTSIDE of the $300 toy buyer demographic.
My point is that what middle aged guys think is cool and what the target demographic for all of this media find to be cool are not necessarily the same thing.
Nobody said anything about middle age tho. We are literally talking about kids. So I don’t know what ur on about. You said YOUR kids like cyborg. I said that’s not true for every kid. If it was you’d see more sales from the character. I’m not middle aged either . I was a kid when 03 titans was a thing and even then cyborg wasn’t super popular but still popular.
Cyborg is on the show doom patrol that nobody talks about. Yet people can’t wait for the Hawkeye Disney plus show to drop.
It’s wb and it’s marketing . So again cyborg doesn’t sell nearly as much as a marvel character or a crappy young solo. That’s all on WB

Liking the new Flash suit as well. Depending on how the movie turns out I'd probably be down for picking it up. And Supergirl
Boy am I excited for The Flash.

Liking the new Flash suit as well. Depending on how the movie turns out I'd probably be down for picking it up. And Supergirl too.

Nobody said anything about middle age tho. We are literally talking about kids. So I don’t know what ur on about. You said YOUR kids like cyborg. I said that’s not true for every kid. If it was you’d see more sales from the character. I’m not middle aged either . I was a kid when 03 titans was a thing and even then cyborg wasn’t super popular but still popular.
Cyborg is on the show doom patrol that nobody talks about. Yet people can’t wait for the Hawkeye Disney plus show to drop.
It’s wb and it’s marketing . So again cyborg doesn’t sell nearly as much as a marvel character or a crappy young solo. That’s all on WB
My point wasn’t that my kids and their friends, also kids, like Cyborg so everyone must LOVE Cyborg, quite the opposite…I was accurately dismantling the suggestion that no one likes Cyborg, because that’s simply not true…being able to find a single person who does, invalidates that argument, so consider it invalidated.
The point is Cyborg has fans…I’m one of them, so if nothing else he’s got me and my kids, so he has fans.
My favorite iteration of Cyborg is the version in ZSJL, never cared for the character before.
I think your previous Hawkeye is a waste of space and I think ZSJL is the best superhero movie since Nolan’s TDK trilogy…including Avengers Endgame which I think is inferior to ZSJL.
Who can’t wait for the Hawkeye series? Your friends? Are you cold calling people and taking a poll? What’s your sample size?
Cyborg is awesome and ZSJL is great!
Guess what, it’s my opinion and no matter how much it may pain you, you’ll have to live with the fact that someone out there feels this way.
Sorry to burst your bubble and derail your theories.

My point wasn’t that my kids and their friends, also kids, like Cyborg so everyone must LOVE Cyborg, quite the opposite…I was accurately dismantling the suggestion that no one likes Cyborg, because that’s simply not true…being able to find a single person who does, invalidates that argument, so consider it invalidated.
The point is Cyborg has fans…I’m one of them, so if nothing else he’s got me and my kids, so he has fans.
My favorite iteration of Cyborg is the version in ZSJL, never cared for the character before.
I think your previous Hawkeye is a waste of space and I think ZSJL is the best superhero movie since Nolan’s TDK trilogy…including Avengers Endgame which I think is inferior to ZSJL.
Who can’t wait for the Hawkeye series? Your friends? Are you cold calling people and taking a poll? What’s your sample size?
Cyborg is awesome and ZSJL is great!
Guess what, it’s my opinion and no matter how much it may pain you, you’ll have to live with the fact that someone out there feels this way.
Sorry to burst your bubble and derail your theories.
Lol … good for you. But again no likes that iteration or the zack Snyder movies that much to put cyborg over Hawkeye. And what do you mean who can’t wait for the Hawkeye series? Try like half a billion fans of the mcu who sat and watched a series about Loki. Maybe get out of the zack Snyder cult bubble?

and the fact you said it’s your opinion destroys your whole argument thst you stated how cyborg is more popular. I could care less if you like cyborg or not. You said cyborg has more pull then Hawkeye which is false and why I commented on you. I don’t care about you liking what or whatever. You can think Snyder cut is the epitome of cinema. That’s fine for you but facts are facts. People will buy a 5th Hawkeye film over a cyborg who was in a film not everyone liked.

so again just cause YOU and your kids think Snyder cyborg is cool won’t mean he sells over any mcu or Star Wars character. He’s not on that level

Yep, and WB didn't even want to do Joker in the beginning. Idiots.

Yep not only resisted it getting made, they cut their profits down to 1/3 by bringing in two other investors.
Surely the writing has got to be on the wall for Emmerich and those clowns running WB.

They have shown time after time that they have no idea what they are doing.

1). Snyder's vision cut down due to them being so eager to get in a Marvel director. He'll know what to do !!

2). All the studio meddling in the Ayer Suicide Squad, thereafter oh James Gunn is free, let's get him in he's a Marvel director. He'll know what to do !!

3). Joker, didn't want to do it, so spread the "risk" to other partners.

It all points clearly to them having no faith in themselves and the course they set, or in what they are doing / planning.

Lol … good for you. But again no likes that iteration or the zack Snyder movies that much to put cyborg over Hawkeye. And what do you mean who can’t wait for the Hawkeye series? Try like half a billion fans of the mcu who sat and watched a series about Loki. Maybe get out of the zack Snyder cult bubble?

and the fact you said it’s your opinion destroys your whole argument thst you stated how cyborg is more popular. I could care less if you like cyborg or not. You said cyborg has more pull then Hawkeye which is false and why I commented on you. I don’t care about you liking what or whatever. You can think Snyder cut is the epitome of cinema. That’s fine for you but facts are facts. People will buy a 5th Hawkeye film over a cyborg who was in a film not everyone liked.

so again just cause YOU and your kids think Snyder cyborg is cool won’t mean he sells over any mcu or Star Wars character. He’s not on that level
Once again, you’re reading stuff in my posts that I’m not writing.
I’ve never been a Snyder fan, just really like ZSJL so there goes your nonsensical theory that only Snyder fans like his version of Cyborg.
And once again, how can you say “no one likes Cyborg more than Hawkeye,” when I just told you that I like Cyborg more than Hawkeye?
I just proved your sweeping generalization to be patently false.
There are tons of lemmings out there, like you, who will eat up anything spoon fed to them with a Marvel logo attached to the opening credits.
Which is why Feige is a genius. He has basically created a movie ticket buying version of the Church of Scientology, with folks like you who will view anything associated with it so that they can level up and have all of the answers.
If Feige slapped the MCU logo on a Cyborg movie, your Loki fans would be lining up for it too.
Doesn’t make Hawkeye a more popular character than any other character.

Actually all that is being discussed here is Warner fault, Cyborg is Iron Man level if done right(like Snyder did but did not have the time to mature), DC as a whole has way more "could be" popular characters than Marvel but Marvel has a cohesive storyline done by Feige, Feige literally build a church around the MCU and they continue to grow their followers to the point that Shang-Chi is popular now.

While Warner burn their creative creators like they did to Snyder, Ayer and Cathy Yan but let loose Jenkins(WW89 is all her fault unlike what happened to the first three), James Wan(who did nothing new with Aquaman(his grow as character came from Snyder) and Gunn(Its awsome the new SS, but dont move an inch in the DCEU history, people are not invested in the next DC movie because there is no connection to the next).

ironwez20 forgets that what make a chacarter popular is his interations on the mainstream midia, like cartoons or movies, Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go are huge in mainstream midia, they are Spider-man level in mainstream recognition.

Back