1/6 Master Team MT010 Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider – Siberia Expedition Outfit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the best places to find a base and does anyone have any recommendations for a snowy one? Didn't realize I needed to get one until today lol.

Anyone try the SW 3.0 lara head? I like that likeness better but seeing how tall this figure is I feel like it'll look extremely tiny on it.

Mine just arrived yesterday. Popped her on the shelf quickly for a pic, but I’m very happy. MT is doing a pretty decent job with their video game figures.

Attachments

• 74660EE0-96C0-4368-9E08-CAB64891F2EB.jpeg
    74660EE0-96C0-4368-9E08-CAB64891F2EB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I’ve never played the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider video game nor do I own any of the collectibles.

I preordered via Giantoy purely on its cool looking factor and the fact it has ice cleats!!!

Only 9 days in transit to my home in the U.S.

Straight out-of-the-box this figure is a stunner. Fantastic face paint app, well executed accessories, and exquisite tailoring making it a great show piece for me.

Attachments

• 3C86A218-29C5-446D-A2C4-88C2D5E015E3.jpeg
    3C86A218-29C5-446D-A2C4-88C2D5E015E3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
She's arrived and first impressions are good.

The head is nicely done and the hair finely sculpted. She does have the panda eyes, but it works in hand. She also has a reddened nose, cheeks and forehead, which helps to sell the cold environment she's meant to be in.

Out of the box the head looked to be set a bit low, but it's easy enough to pull up. A bit of blue tack on top of the neck cup will keep it at the right height.

For the clothes the jacket is the standout feature. It looks right and feels right, and the hood lays down naturally on her back - which can sometimes be a problem in 1/6.

I read a review somewhere saying that there was no way to hold the ice screws on the belt. However, there's an open metal ring in the bag they're packed in. To prevent the ring or screws from dropping off the ring needs to be closed up, though that risks breaking the screws or bending the wire on the belt. I found a better solution: a tiny lockable ring clasp designed to secure a necklace. No chance of damage, nor of them falling off the belt now.

Lately I'm finding it impossible to get decent photos of anything. Most of these were with the flash:
Nice pics Asta, yea I just watched another video review and there seems to be a ring in the bag. Looks like mine didn't come with one =(. I just used a jump ring to attach myself.

I wasn't happy with any of my photos. The figure's so much nicer, and more striking, than I could make her appear.

After watching the 1/6 Cave review I wanted to attach the rope to her harness, so I got her back out of the Detolf. I attached it using a larger type of locking necklace clasp. It's the place where the game model shows the ice screws should also go, but I like them on the metal holder on the side so they're on display.

It's as dark as twilight this morning, I'm using the flash as I normally have to anyway, and photographing her is just as frustrating as before.

100_3180.JPG

100_3185.JPG

100_3169.JPG

100_3168.JPG

100_3175.JPG

I wasn't happy with any of my photos. The figure's so much nicer, and more striking, than I could make her appear.

After watching the 1/6 Cave review I wanted to attach the rope to her harness, so I got her back out of the Detolf. I attached it using a larger type of locking necklace clasp. It's the place where the game model shows the ice screws should also go, but I like them on the metal holder on the side so they're on display.

It's as dark as twilight this morning, I'm using the flash as I normally have to anyway, and photographing her is just as frustrating as before.

View attachment 614305

View attachment 614306

View attachment 614302

View attachment 614304

View attachment 614303

Ever considered lights for your detolf? I got these really cheap ones off of amazon for €30 and they fit the detolf perfectly.

https://amzn.eu/d/dqeNQfM

I’ve been scratching my head for a few days about what to use as fake snow that would stick to the clothing and would be removable.. Then I was eating pancakes yesterday and realised… Powdered sugar! Should be easy enough to remove as long as its not wet. I’ll have to test it on some cheap clothes though.

Also maybe eating powdered sugar on pancakes is a super Dutch thing that y’all don’t understand lol.

Attachments

• 02483D97-0D43-43DF-905B-88716D29689E.jpeg
    02483D97-0D43-43DF-905B-88716D29689E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Ever considered lights for your detolf? I got these really cheap ones off of amazon for €30 and they fit the detolf perfectly.

https://amzn.eu/d/dqeNQfM

No. I've never wanted to do that.

I’ve been scratching my head for a few days about what to use as fake snow that would stick to the clothing and would be removable.. Then I was eating pancakes yesterday and realised… Powdered sugar! Should be easy enough to remove as long as its not wet. I’ll have to test it on some cheap clothes though.

Also maybe eating powdered sugar on pancakes is a super Dutch thing that y’all don’t understand lol.

I'd avoid using anything edible as it could attract bugs. :panic:

There's powdered snow made for model railways, but I don't know whether you can temporarily sprinkle it onto a figure. The instructions I just read were to spray the area with water, sprinkle the powder on and let it dry.

I found a temporary version:

https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/powdery-snow
This snow can be removed from your scene once you have finished the winter or Christmas display.

For that temporary winter Christmas scene, just sprinkle the snow on to your layout using a fine sieve.

However, to make it stay on the vertical surfaces of the figure you'd have to wet the clothing etc. As it dries I imagine some of it would to fall off, so it'd only work for photographs.

What are the best places to find a base and does anyone have any recommendations for a snowy one? Didn't realize I needed to get one until today lol.
Toy Anxiety now has 4 (was 5 lol) of the Snowspeeder Luke Stand with the extra "pile of snow" that can be cover up Luke's nameplate. Seems like a good solution for Lara.

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 09-22-04 Star Wars The Empires Strikes Back Luke Skywalker (Snowspeed...png

https://toyanxiety.com/star-wars-th...peeder-pilot-display-stand-w-snow-attachment/

407917-D20277A1-4B1A-49E7-A91D-2FE9E7251DFA.jpeg

Last edited:
Back