1/6 Master Team MT010 Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider – Siberia Expedition Outfit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are as close as anything I found. Good call. I scoured every line I could think of going back to Dragon & DID, & Elite Force. LOL That middle one might do, honestly. The blade is similar enough on the knife that it should accomodate the one she came with. A little paint & I'd wager it would be close enough. Closer than not having a scabbard anyway. Definitely a strange omission. If I had to choose between the crampons & the scabbard, I would've chosen the scabbard.

30E20371-32A2-49D0-8FF0-567E871A0AB7.jpeg

Will the nameplate come off of that easily? I really like that base, but the nameplate will annoy me.
Heat up with a hairdryer (to soften the glue) and carefully wedge an exacto knife inbetween. Ive done this on many bases and it comes clean off. Just have to take your time with it so you don’t accidentally scratch it with the exacto.

I finally got mine and I’m blown away. The clothing looks so nice and the beadsculpt is superbe. The paint job is so well done. A lot of third party companies struggle with their female sculpts both paint and sculpt but MT always nails it, their Ellie and Ada Wong are both amazing too. The likeness is really good from some angles but I admit it could be more game accurate. Nonetheless it’s beautifully sculpted and painted.

Maybe it’s easier for me to be so forgiving because the head looks exactly how she does in the painted promo art and the reboot comic books that I’ve been reading.

Comparing the headsculpt to the Croft 3.0 sculpt it puts SWtoys to absolute shame.

A lot of little things could’ve been improved like the quiver being slightly longer or the snow boot thingies having a more secure way of being attached. But it’s all forgiven because this figure is stunning. And I bet engineering a realistic looking winter coat wasn’t as easy as some people think.

Just awesome. This figure is everything I wished the SW versions were.

C628B3F1-C6F9-4EF8-8645-1F26D5A62740.jpeg

28A5A13A-54C6-4367-90D1-FA506AD9EBF6.jpeg

5E8AD13D-5D43-4DDC-A323-9AC71E36A9F4.jpeg

Attachments

• E50EA207-BC3A-46D0-8FFB-2E65E3D7E898.png
    E50EA207-BC3A-46D0-8FFB-2E65E3D7E898.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 7CCBCC7E-E20C-4C42-BCFA-FF3B53BD5C1C.png
    7CCBCC7E-E20C-4C42-BCFA-FF3B53BD5C1C.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 0
  • A4249B3B-1F81-48D4-9844-A305FD701691.png
    A4249B3B-1F81-48D4-9844-A305FD701691.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 0
  • CBBC6054-4E0B-4A0E-87ED-DE29FC4C630F.jpeg
    CBBC6054-4E0B-4A0E-87ED-DE29FC4C630F.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 0
I finally got mine and I’m blown away. The clothing looks so nice and the beadsculpt is superbe. The paint job is so well done. A lot of third party companies struggle with their female sculpts both paint and sculpt but MT always nails it, their Ellie and Ada Wong are both amazing too. The likeness is really good from some angles but I admit it could be more game accurate. Nonetheless it’s beautifully sculpted and painted.

Maybe it’s easier for me to be so forgiving because the head looks exactly how she does in the painted promo art and the reboot comic books that I’ve been reading.

Comparing the headsculpt to the Croft 3.0 sculpt it puts SWtoys to absolute shame.

A lot of little things could’ve been improved like the quiver being slightly longer or the snow boot thingies having a more secure way of being attached. But it’s all forgiven because this figure is stunning. And I bet engineering a realistic looking winter coat wasn’t as easy as some people think.

Just awesome. This figure is everything I wished the SW versions were.

View attachment 615183
View attachment 615184
View attachment 615182
Definitely the best sculpt out there imo. It perfectly resembles ingame model and cover art. MT sculpt are always beautiful, male or female they always make them super pretty. Coat definitely isn't easy to make especially in that scale, usually such a clothing looks very bulky,while this one looks very realistic. Can't wait to see her in person! I hope this Lara sold well enough so MT gonna move to the Classic Lara ICON LEGEND MOMENT GODDESS SAVIOUR

P.S. I love blush, gives so much life to her.

Lara finally came in for me today. Guess she got slowed down a bit with the end of the holiday rush, but happy to finally have her. Everything arrived in pristine condition from Kit, per usual.

I agree with sentiment everyone else has been sharing, this is no doubt the best Lara Croft that has been made in sixth scale form. There are obviously a few nitpicks - I'll echo what's been said about the quiver needing to be a little longer and the snow protectors over her pants being a little loose, and I do wish the knife came with a sheath that could be clipped onto her belt. I'm also going to try getting a different pistol for her.

That all said, the clothing is top notch, the sculpt looks great, the rosy cheeks definitely add an element of making her look like she's been out in the cold, and I have no doubt this figure is going to stand out in any display.

Unfortunately this is just going into storage for me for now, but once I can take her back out when I set my collection back up, I will consider ankle extenders if it seems she's a little short next to other figures.

If you're on the fence - buy while you can. I hope Master Team will make a Shadow version of this Lara down the line, but there's no guarantees, so don't miss out.

Lara finally came in for me today. Guess she got slowed down a bit with the end of the holiday rush, but happy to finally have her. Everything arrived in pristine condition from Kit, per usual.

I agree with sentiment everyone else has been sharing, this is no doubt the best Lara Croft that has been made in sixth scale form. There are obviously a few nitpicks - I'll echo what's been said about the quiver needing to be a little longer and the snow protectors over her pants being a little loose, and I do wish the knife came with a sheath that could be clipped onto her belt. I'm also going to try getting a different pistol for her.

That all said, the clothing is top notch, the sculpt looks great, the rosy cheeks definitely add an element of making her look like she's been out in the cold, and I have no doubt this figure is going to stand out in any display.

Unfortunately this is just going into storage for me for now, but once I can take her back out when I set my collection back up, I will consider ankle extenders if it seems she's a little short next to other figures.

If you're on the fence - buy while you can. I hope Master Team will make a Shadow version of this Lara down the line, but there's no guarantees, so don't miss out.
I'm going to try to get a Spetsnaz sheath for her since that looks like the closest match to her knife.

I tested her holster with CC Toys Nate's 1911, & it fits like a glove. Should be perfect for anything in that general size class.

I'm going to try to get a Spetsnaz sheath for her since that looks like the closest match to her knife.

I tested her holster with CC Toys Nate's 1911, & it fits like a glove. Should be perfect for anything in that general size class.
When you get the sheath, let me know if it fits the knife and if you can clip it on Lara somehow. I would definitely like to get one myself!

I was going to check out Black Ops Toys or Battlegear or something to see what kind of pistol I could pick up for her. She definitely needs something a little more exciting than the revolver she came with. Just doesn't feel badass, which Lara should be.

When you get the sheath, let me know if it fits the knife and if you can clip it on Lara somehow. I would definitely like to get one myself!

I was going to check out Black Ops Toys or Battlegear or something to see what kind of pistol I could pick up for her. She definitely needs something a little more exciting than the revolver she came with. Just doesn't feel badass, which Lara should be.
Glitch posted a couple above, but I'm looking for something like this. The blade is the same general shape, so I'm hoping with a coat of paint, it might be close enough. Just gotta' find a good place to order because I don't know much about the parts scene & I don't use eBay.

https://rattlesnaketoys.com/ussr-spetsnaz-afghanistan-ak-bayonet-1-6-scale/

I love the way the coat came out on this one, though the hood appears to be designed mainly for folded down use.

Lara inspired me last week to watch the series, The Head. :lol

the-head-prima-stagione-serie-tv-amazon-exclusive-prime-video.jpg

the-head-serie-tv.jpg

(A murder mystery set in the isolation of an Antarctic research station. I recommend avoid the sillier second season).

Years ago I was almost tempted to buy Magic Cube's Dark Climbing Kroenen'. He could've been a companion for Lara with a head swap:

10592708_826132094086411_7423200707369348401_n.jpg

k2.jpg
k3.jpg
k4.jpg

I love the way the coat came out on this one, though the hood appears to be designed mainly for folded down use.

Lara inspired me last week to watch the series, The Head. :lol

View attachment 615495

View attachment 615496

(A murder mystery set in the isolation of an Antarctic research station. I recommend avoid the sillier second season).

Years ago I was almost tempted to buy Magic Cube's Dark Climbing Kroenen'. He could've been a companion for Lara with a head swap:

View attachment 615497

View attachment 615498View attachment 615499View attachment 615500
Thought that show looked familiar. I remember binge watching that when it first came out. Had similar vibes to The Thing (we a need another sequel already!).
I had no idea there was a second season, I'll have to check that out. These shows might be boring/lame for a lot of folks, but I can't get enough of them. lol
Helix was another good series, the first season was also better than the second one. Shame it got cancelled though.

That climbing outfit would've been a good kit to start a custom Jonah with.

*edit
Also, I found that if you kind of tuck the hood flap pieces behind or underneath the jacket collar, it'll stay there a lot better.
I still find it odd that MT didn't include a sheath for the knife though. Or her necklace.
Other than a few other small annoyances, I'm really digging this figure!

hood flap.jpg

Last edited:
Thought that show looked familiar. I remember binge watching that when it first came out. Had similar vibes to The Thing (we a need another sequel already!).
I had no idea there was a second season, I'll have to check that out. These shows might be boring/lame for a lot of folks, but I can't get enough of them. lol
Helix was another good series, the first season was also better than the second one. Shame it got cancelled though.

The first season had some good atmosphere with the isolation, loneliness and danger of the elements.

The second season is a continuation, but set on a container ship. I tried to stick with it but gave up because it was just getting too wacky!

That climbing outfit would've been a good kit to start a custom Jonah with.

What put me off at the time were all the patches sewn onto the coat. Otherwise I'd have bought him.

*edit
Also, I found that if you kind of tuck the hood flap pieces behind or underneath the jacket collar, it'll stay there a lot better.
I still find it odd that MT didn't include a sheath for the knife though. Or her necklace.
Other than a few other small annoyances, I'm really digging this figure!

View attachment 615502

The knife without a scabbard is a nuisance. SW did that a few times with their Resident Evil figures, so unless it's in the figure's hand it ends up laying on the stand because there's nowhere else to put it.

Did a few things to the sculpt, most of which the camera couldn't pick up of course.
Added more red and browns to the whole sculpt. Repainted the iris's (figure manufacturers, please stop it with the lines in the iris already lol).
Made the lips & eyebrows darker. Also added the scar on her right cheek (camera failed once again). I also gave the entire jacket a black wash coat to darken it up. Probably could've done it an easier way, but oh well, it worked.
I think this might be my favourite figure since Lim's Arthur. Until I get my HT Mando anyways. lol
lara.jpg

mttoys croft.jpg

Back