Action Figure OurWorld FS004 Adventurer Croft 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a sneak peek at my Lara Croft "Rise of the Tomb Raider" Grail Edition. More to come once she's complete and I can get in a proper photo shoot...

IMG_1302.jpgIMG_1297.jpgIMG_1294.jpg

Thanks, guys. I love the Rhianna Pratchett version of this character, and it was important to me to do this Lara Croft justice. She's become iconic far beyond her relatively silly, **** and guns beginnings. To me, she's more of a modern-day Indiana Jones.

If anybody is looking for a better version of Lara's pendant, you can download a 3-D model for printing here:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/necklace-lara-croft-10546?ref=makexyz

Croft Pendant.jpg

It's not perfect, but it's ten times better than the SW Toys version. This model was made for 1:1 scale, so the trick will be to get it to work at 1:6 and still retain the detail. I have a friend with access to a decent 3-D printer who will be experimenting with the scaling. Unfortunately, a good 1:6 scale version just doesn't exist, though there are a dozen 1:1 versions out there.

That custom might be the first instance where mussy rooted hair totally works in it's favor. I hate rooted hair, but it looks great on that.

That custom might be the first instance where mussy rooted hair totally works in it's favor. I hate rooted hair, but it looks great on that.

You know, I thought the same thing myself. I was very skeptical. But it just works beautifully for Lara Croft. I think the key is that she has A LOT of fine hair all wrapped into that mussy ponytail. Add in those signature bangs, and suddenly the portrait really comes to life.

You know, I thought the same thing myself. I was very skeptical. But it just works beautifully for Lara Croft. I think the key is that she has A LOT of fine hair all wrapped into that mussy ponytail. Add in those signature bangs, and suddenly the portrait really comes to life.

I got a couple rooted figures, one where I had to cut some of the hair. It's a pain in the ass to try to get a specific style. For me anyway.

I got a couple rooted figures, one where I had to cut some of the hair. It's a pain in the ass to try to get a specific style. For me anyway.

Oh, it's an art, no doubt about it. Which is why I leave the heavy lifting like rooted hair to the masters. That's Samuel Bodart's work out of Virtual Devil Customs :wink1:

I modified mine with a Hot Toys Rey body since I’m not a huge fan of the rubber bodies. I also changed out the pants to bit larger cargo pair that allowed some movement (found the others were too tight especially for moving or posing the upper legs) noting massive but love how she is turning out. Changed out the hard plastic boots for some leather like boots. Mine didn’t come with the little green necklace so I will need to find a replacement or make one. Added some in game extras like a knife, flashlight, scarf, light sticks, climbing clips, bandage wraps, and some pouches. Still to weather her up a bit, also have multiple change out hands including some gloved hands.

Hope you did her....not bad for a Figure I barely have $150 including replacement body and Parts.

Take care - Jase
2f8d0dfc6c957455139c3453a565359f.jpg
ff95f9911f48194b330d1a18855eda4a.jpg
3b30eea8afdd50a032208da898877e84.jpg
c2c0b2c45f01c121a0dfbec95bb6b914.jpg
f5f354d79e1ccda69decec006a90ab9c.jpg
59143a21b396f8664af8d959b5f3a668.jpg
33f4c8ae7e09c2fd4b28b8daf8d99882.jpg
e219332c7dec5e68ca7ac7216900e6d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like what you've done here, Jase25. Good choice using the HT Rey body since you're not going for seamless. I also like your outfitting and accessorizing. She makes for a super fun figure to put together. I recently swapped out my more game-accurate hiking boots for a pair of WWII knee-high tanker boots, which give her more of an old-school, "timeless" explorer look.

I recently swapped out my more game-accurate hiking boots for a pair of WWII knee-high tanker boots, which give her more of an old-school, "timeless" explorer look.

Good choice on the boots, the ones she comes with don’t allow go any ankle articulation which makes dramatic posing impossible plus to me they look like Barbie boots... I feel since you can alter her outfit and look in so many numerous ways in the game there is no reason to not make her your own and have her how you want. So temped to grab another one, but I just bought the Gaming Heads Exclusive Lara 1/4 Statue so I might want to watch the funds....for at least a week or two. LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread but if anyone knows where I can buy this figure as it is sold out everywhere now i'd be very grateful! Or if anyone is selling it or knows someone who is selling it please let me know :)

Back