1/6 Master Team MT010 Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider – Siberia Expedition Outfit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I've never wanted to do that.

I'd avoid using anything edible as it could attract bugs. :panic:

There's powdered snow made for model railways, but I don't know whether you can temporarily sprinkle it onto a figure. The instructions I just read were to spray the area with water, sprinkle the powder on and let it dry.
Ah **** hadnt thought of bugs 🥲

Ah **** hadnt thought of bugs 🥲
Yeah, sugar is probably a really bad idea. But sometimes bugs can add a touch of realism. I have some Spider-Man figures on a low shelf in my basement, and recently I noticed some actual spider webs extending from the fake web that one of them was shooting. And no, I definitely don't dust as often as I should. :lol

Queen got delivered, such a fast ICON! Thanks sweet baby Jesus! I was worried she would get in trouble! So happy she made it without drama! Kit is a GOAT!
Unfortunately I'm not at home and won't be able to see her for 2 weeks,but told mom to keep box in my room untouched lol

niekgrijz

NOOOOO. Bugs gonna eat Queen alive! There are so many fake snow alternatives, go to the dollar store I'm sure there will be some available especially it's a holiday season!

What are the best places to find a base and does anyone have any recommendations for a snowy one? Didn't realize I needed to get one until today lol.

It's very easy to make your own. Get the snow diorama texture from Vallejo or AK Interactive and a primer and paint any base or piece of foam with it.

Off topic but I finished my jungle diorama for 2013 Lara. I feel like my phone is on a mission to make all my photos look bad. Like the lights in my detolf aren’t that white in real life at all. And it makes everything look so dark and contrasty.

I always end up putting Drake in there too as I don’t really have a display place for him and they’re basically the same genre/type of game. I know it upsets a lot of butthurt fans lol.

Attachments

• B329110B-F390-4EEC-AF9B-2289ABEAC5C4.jpeg
    B329110B-F390-4EEC-AF9B-2289ABEAC5C4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20020138-0205-46F8-8EA0-BF3B2C694927.jpeg
    20020138-0205-46F8-8EA0-BF3B2C694927.jpeg
    890.2 KB · Views: 0
  • B29E0376-6F02-4992-866E-858A3772D392.jpeg
    B29E0376-6F02-4992-866E-858A3772D392.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • F70317D4-E710-4B96-A946-66FA329BE755.jpeg
    F70317D4-E710-4B96-A946-66FA329BE755.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • AD9E5350-9E38-4A29-AD06-1B527CD4B1CF.jpeg
    AD9E5350-9E38-4A29-AD06-1B527CD4B1CF.jpeg
    673.7 KB · Views: 0
Off topic but I finished my jungle diorama for 2013 Lara. I feel like my phone is on a mission to make all my photos look bad. Like the lights in my detolf aren’t that white in real life at all. And it makes everything look so dark and contrasty.

I always end up putting Drake in there too as I don’t really have a display place for him and they’re basically the same genre/type of game. I know it upsets a lot of butthurt fans lol.

That looks really effective! :clap

I wasn't happy with any of my photos. The figure's so much nicer, and more striking, than I could make her appear.

After watching the 1/6 Cave review I wanted to attach the rope to her harness, so I got her back out of the Detolf. I attached it using a larger type of locking necklace clasp. It's the place where the game model shows the ice screws should also go, but I like them on the metal holder on the side so they're on display.

It's as dark as twilight this morning, I'm using the flash as I normally have to anyway, and photographing her is just as frustrating as before.

View attachment 614305

View attachment 614306

View attachment 614302

View attachment 614304

View attachment 614303
Her head sculpt seems to be close to the same size as the SWToys Lara. Which body are you using for that SW one?
I was thinking of using the MT sculpt for a custom TBLeague Lara, but it looks like it might not work with the normal sized TBL bodies.

Mine came today after ordering barely a week ago, (Thanks Kit!) & I think she's great. A few minor things I would & probably will change, but I honestly don't know what it takes to impress some of you. LOL This is easily among the best figures I've gotten for that amount of money. Not perfect, but I've paid more for figures that weren't this close. I added a loop to her climbing belt for her axes to attach to, I just need to decide what I want to do about a carabiner clip. I could steal the one from the SW, but it looks a bit cheap.

My next objective will be to source a sheath for her knife, or just a replacement that comes with one.

She's my third Master Team figure & I liked her enough that I immediately ordered Agent 47.

Attachments

• IMG_20221223_153105477_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221223_153105477_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221223_150744928.jpg
    IMG_20221223_150744928.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221223_224926163.jpg
    IMG_20221223_224926163.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Her head sculpt seems to be close to the same size as the SWToys Lara. Which body are you using for that SW one?
I was thinking of using the MT sculpt for a custom TBLeague Lara, but it looks like it might not work with the normal sized TBL bodies.

The SW is on her original body, which is probably the same Pop Toys type MT used.

The sculpt doesn't seem as small due to the warmer paint application, but they are similar in size.

Thats the tank she's wearing under the jacket?
It's actually kinda close to what she wears, just color is off a bit.
Yeah, it’s a dark brown color which I’ll just keep for my Rise of TR custom and keep the grey one on the other Lara Croft. Keep them a bit different.

I’ve been scratching my head for a few days about what to use as fake snow that would stick to the clothing and would be removable.. Then I was eating pancakes yesterday and realised… Powdered sugar! Should be easy enough to remove as long as its not wet. I’ll have to test it on some cheap clothes though.

Also maybe eating powdered sugar on pancakes is a super Dutch thing that y’all don’t understand lol.

275DAD07-D70E-4913-9751-9DB437DB1CBC.gif

It’ll also make everything sticky and difficult to clean over time.

I'd avoid using anything edible as it could attract bugs. :panic:

There's powdered snow made for model railways, but I don't know whether you can temporarily sprinkle it onto a figure. The instructions I just read were to spray the area with water, sprinkle the powder on and let it dry.

Exactly. :lol

You should definitely use snow made for miniature modeling or model railroads as others have suggested.

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/item/SN140
If you want temporary snow, you can just dust it on the figure.

If you want to make it somewhat temporary, get washable school craft glue and dilute it. But I wouldn’t put it on the pleather parts. Just anything that you could wash pretty easily.

If you decide you want it semi-permanent, you can use scenic glue.

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/item/S191
Very easy. Spray on and sprinkle it on.

Does anyone know what kind of combat knife she has? It's a Soviet model of some kind, I believe, but I'm having trouble identifying it. I've been looking at Spetsnaz & GRU knives for a sheath, & they seem to be the closest match.

Does anyone know what kind of combat knife she has? It's a Soviet model of some kind, I believe, but I'm having trouble identifying it. I've been looking at Spetsnaz & GRU knives for a sheath, & they seem to be the closest match.
Doesn't the knife come with the figure? Or are you looking to get one for a custom figure?

134301vl6qld1iqpmqrps1.jpg

breakdown02.jpg

Thanks, She does indeed come with the knife, but no scabbard. I was going to try to find one, hopefully semi accurate, if possible.
Was just about to edit my post, noticed you meant the sheath, not the knife. lol
Odd that they didn't include one.
I found two that sort of looks similar, probably won't be able to find the identical one though. 😕
Knife 1
Knife 2
Knife 3
I wonder if some of the Damtoys military figures might have something more similar?

Last edited:
Back