Action Figure Show your custom Lara Croft 1/6 scale figures! 20+ years of the Tomb Raider...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5376.jpeg

It might be the same Billie Eilish “Lara” sculpt….

Never gonna pay 300$ for Reboot Lara. Sculpt is nice but mouth is too low.

Remasters are almost there!!! Gameplay looks so good and so happy to see Lara back!!! Her face card never declines!!!

I'm noticing it says featuring Lara Croft.
Wonder if all the rumors about playing as her "friends" instead Lara herself will actually end up being true. Maybe it'll end up like the Batman Arkham games, where you play as everyone besides Batman. lol

It’s going to flop. Lol
Probably. But the way I see it, it can't possibly be worse than the remastered games we just got.

After about 40 mins I had to quit the game or risk smashing my controller to bits.
The "modern controls" feel like they weren't re-designed or polished for this game at all. Half of Lara's moves don't even seem to be integrated into the modern control scheme (or maybe I'm just dumb and can't figure it out lol). And the original tank controls are still as awful as they were back then.
Also ran into a bunch of glitches with Lara getting stuck in the graphics. Maybe thats just a PC thing, I dunno. All I know is that I don't have the patience for this **** anymore. lol

20240215195709_1.jpg

I agree about the controls! 😭 been trying to it on the ps5 but I keep dying. Funny thing, h have zero issues when replaying the OG RE game tho. The TR Remasters look great but they just play so awful! I tried switching back to tank controls to modern and idk which one is worse. Plus, the camera angles were throwing me off bad! Especially when I’m trying not to die.

Probably. But the way I see it, it can't possibly be worse than the remastered games we just got.

After about 40 mins I had to quit the game or risk smashing my controller to bits.
The "modern controls" feel like they weren't re-designed or polished for this game at all. Half of Lara's moves don't even seem to be integrated into the modern control scheme (or maybe I'm just dumb and can't figure it out lol). And the original tank controls are still as awful as they were back then.
Also ran into a bunch of glitches with Lara getting stuck in the graphics. Maybe thats just a PC thing, I dunno. All I know is that I don't have the patience for this **** anymore. lol

View attachment 689429
From all the reviews ive read they all say that the “modern controls” are awful and a complete afterthought.

It makes complete sense though why they don’t work. A remaster is just a visual upgrade nothing more. The game uses the original sourcecode and the whole game was built around the tank controls. They are so deeply integrated into the game that you can’t change that unless you change the code. Essentially what they did was just map a few buttons differently and called it a day. You’re better off with the original controls.

As for glitches. Because its the original sourcecode all the original glitches and exploits are still there. Unchanged. The new character models and objects that have a lot more polygons than the original are probably causing clipping issues. Like Lara’s weird “breathing” ponytail.

I find this remaster very rough. They should’ve made the game from the ground up so they could tweak everythig a bit more while keeping the gameplay experience the same. It’s always baffling how fanmade games can achieve these things with literally one developer doing everything. And big companies take two years to crank out a cashgrab like these.

I don’t think this remaster will attract any new players, or they will simply turn it off after a few minutes. I can’t stand to deal with those controls.

Modern controls are great just needs some practice. Camera has some glitch in the tight places but that’s it, I’m sure they’ll fix it. Personally have a great time. Lara looks amazing. But yes more enhancement would be great.

Back