1/6 Hot Toys -TMS117 - Ahsoka series: Marrok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right!!!!!
Plus Greef Carga has had a new costume every season and we still don’t have one of him after almost 40 figures!!!

All I can say to that is get us a Carl Weathers figure already Howard, good Greef.

Sorry.

Saw a full compilation of Marrok scenes, and he says a few other things to Shin. It's kind of funny how many got infatuated with him to the point they were coming up with so many theories like he's Starkiller/Galen Marek, Ezra himself, then it went from that to "Meanwhile Marrok".

I definitely was not that intrigued with him. Saw him on screen, thought "oh I like his armor, reminds me of that Inquisitor that tries to fly away in the temple ruins in Rebels, clearly not the same race," then moved on. Well, as you said probably they'll do a book of Marrok to fulfill the fantasies of the crowd that had all these connections of who they thought he was haha! Worst part, it will probably just turn into S2 of Ahsoka with Marrok not focused on like a certain somebody I know................

It's ridiculous when they fly away with their lightsaber-copters.

I think I laughed out loud when Marrok died because I felt the pain of all those people across the world having their crazy theories instantaneously burst into a puff of green smoke.

Yeah, the Marrok theories were ridiculous, honestly. None of them made sense. It was obvious he was just the last (?) living Inquisitor.
Eh. I feel like if A New Hope released today, people would dismiss any theories on Vader(especially those of him being Luke's father) as "none of them making sense", either.
The sad truth is most fans these days just have more creativity than the current writers lol.

Eh. I feel like if A New Hope released today, people would dismiss any theories on Vader(especially those of him being Luke's father) as "none of them making sense", either.
The sad truth is most fans these days just have more creativity than the current writers lol.
The Ezra theory didn't make sense since Thrawn was in another galaxy and Ezra would have been there as well.

Starkiller didn't make sense as he isn't canon and if he was, him showing up as an Inquisitor would have not given the character much justice.

Barriss didn't make sense either due to Marrok being male and like Starkiller, not being able to do the character justice.

The Ezra theory didn't make sense since Thrawn was in another galaxy and Ezra would have been there as well.

Starkiller didn't make sense as he isn't canon and if he was, him showing up as an Inquisitor would have not given the character much justice.

Barriss didn't make sense either due to Marrok being male and like Starkiller, not being able to do the character justice.
Ezra got to that galaxy via space whale so could return via the same method stranding Thrawn behind, so it could make sense.

Starkiller not being canon is no barrier to him being introduced into canon with different backstory but yes it would water his character down and not do him justice, just like Thrawn.

Barriss not having male body type wouldn't make sense but they could and prob would do it. Disney did it with Olga Kurylenko as Taskmaster as well as the Enfys Nest bait and switch in Solo also. There is precedent so it wouldn't be off the table though it would fail to do her character justice.

Honestly, some years down the line we may see interviews where there were behind the scenes discussions about making Marrok someone significant such as Ezra, hence the mask and having him be mostly silent as a way to hide the surprise but eventually the idea got cut. That sort of thing happens a lot.

EDIT: years ago I speculated that the Mandalorian s1 was a retooled Boba Fett movie stretched into a show and online I was told that was stupid, no way etc but in the end it turned out to be correct (Favreau wanted to do a Boba movie and Kathleen had his project combined with Filoni's pitch for a show about Mandalorian culture. even early concept art had Boba in the scenes where Din Djarin was in the final show). The fan speculation and leaks often turns out to be correct but these projects then change before release so they retroactively become wrong.

Last edited:

We understand logic, anyways and as fans we know what we want to see. Lucasfilm knows little of what we want; that is the bunch who ****ed up a show about the galaxy's top bounty hunter. Amateurs.

They think they're "challenging us" and our expectations by having a five year old girl outrun three experienced adult bounty hunters. 🙄 there's quirky twists and then there's just stupid bovine manure. Fans often know the difference.

To each his own… I think the figure looks incredible. Can’t wait to get him on display!

-James

I’ll wait till they throw him in a cartoon that vastly improves his character and makes him important to the larger story. Maybe they could give him a big brother with a name that sounds like a Johnny Depp perfume.

we'll see. odds have definitely increased thanks to that post, but this is hot toys we're talking about. they've paraded a spider-gwen prototype from atsv around for the last six months, included it in teases and actual pictures for other products, and they STILL haven't officially announced her.

until something's up for pre-order, i just fundamentally presume it's not coming. this very easily could just be some faceless troopers and a retooled sculpted anakin.

Wow...SS shows this figure as almost gone. Either really low production numbers or it's more popular than I thought.

Every figure eventually goes on waitlist.

This is pretty much a nothing character in the show, no doubt the production numbers are low. You will most likely still be able to find this aftermarket for retail or lower just like majority of these waitlisted figures.

Every figure eventually goes on waitlist.

This is pretty much a nothing character in the show, no doubt the production numbers are low. You will most likely still be able to find this aftermarket for retail or lower just like majority of these waitlisted figures.
Perhaps, but it might be the exact opposite. As you said, very likely has low numbers, but with the number of Ahsoka figures coming out, it may be difficult to find and may fetch a premium. This is one of those, "if you want it, or even think you'll want it, then get it now" kinda figures imo.

Back