1/6 Hot Toys - TMS111 - Ahsoka series: Sabine Wren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure looks absolutely great, but I'm thinking of skipping this one... I really dislike the character on the Ahsoka show. She definitely is the weakest part. She never was my favorite in Rebels either.

That's how I feel about it. Super pretty figure.

Dislike the character.
Same. I can't tell if it's the character, the actress or both. I didn't really care for Rebels, but I was hoping that maybe the live action counterparts would sway me to the more positive. I will say, I like adult Ezra better than Rebels Ezra, though I think that's more due to the actor and his portrayal.

Same. I can't tell if it's the character, the actress or both. I didn't really care for Rebels, but I was hoping that maybe the live action counterparts would sway me to the more positive. I will say, I like adult Ezra better than Rebels Ezra, though I think that's more due to the actor and his portrayal.

Pretty sure it’s the writing. I think the actress is fine, and there are glimmers of animated Sabine there.

But for some reason she’s been written to be just kind of unlikable. More of a mopey hot mess constantly making bad calls rather than the person fighting to overcome their past and make a better future that she should be portrayed as.

I like Filoni and other characters were adapted well but unless there’s some big payoff, I just can’t fathom why he did this to Sabine.

Pretty sure it’s the writing. I think the actress is fine, and there are glimmers of animated Sabine there.

But for some reason she’s been written to be just kind of unlikable. More of a mopey hot mess constantly making bad calls rather than the person fighting to overcome their past and make a better future that she should be portrayed as.

I like Filoni and other characters were adapted well but unless there’s some big payoff, I just can’t fathom why he did this to Sabine.
Well said. They're definitely making her unlikable unfortunately. Though, there's something about the actress's delivery that's just not very convincing to me either. We have one episode to see if there is a bigger payoff. Or, we'll just have to wait for either S2 or Filoni's movie.

Wow, all that and you still have time to eat, sleep and post here?! I'm impressed.

Seriously, that's a lot of binging to do, I commend you! 🤔👍

Ha ha yeah on my first ever watch through of Clone Wars, currently on Season 4
Think I tend to mange 3-4 episodes a day so getting through it :)

Thoroughly enjoying it though & amazed it has taken me this long to get to it to be honest

I'll get around to Ahsoka probably by about May next year ;) 😂 😂 😂

Neil

Well said. They're definitely making her unlikable unfortunately. Though, there's something about the actress's delivery that's just not very convincing to me either. We have one episode to see if there is a bigger payoff. Or, we'll just have to wait for either S2 or Filoni's movie.

I hear you, though I’m not ready to write off the actress yet because she’s only been given a few brief moments to really shine. And in those moments I felt she did.

But she consistently shares scenes with the likes of Ahsoka, Huyang, Shin, Baylan, and Thrawn who all have more agency and purpose than Sabine has been given. And all those actors just steal the show most every scene they’re in on top of that.

Be sad about Ezra (a strange reversal of her characterization in Rebels), not listen to Ahsoka, fail at being a Jedi, and get captured is just a terrible character arc that feels awful to watch.

Last edited:
Sabine has always been not accepted by those around her except for her found family. She seems to struggle with her place in the world going from Mandalorian to bounty hunter to street artist to rebel to Jedi. Even when she was finally accepted by her biological family, they went and died on her.

I still think she's the best part of the show. Though Ezra has been really shining. Granted everyone has been really great in this show.

Sabine has always been not accepted by those around her except for her found family. She seems to struggle with her place in the world going from Mandalorian to bounty hunter to street artist to rebel to Jedi. Even when she was finally accepted by her biological family, they went and died on her.

I still think she's the best part of the show. Though Ezra has been really shining. Granted everyone has been really great in this show.

I agree Sabine has a really great backstory and journey.

Unfortunately it feels to me like all that development doesn’t really comes through in the show though.

That hasn’t sat well with me. The story about her getting back into her Mando roots and being accepted again was such a great story arc in Rebels. Then this show just basically says they’re all dead because Ahsoka didn’t let her go help them one time after. Just feels super cheap to me.

Damn I've not even started the show yet (still watching Clone Wars cartoon before I then go on to Rebels before I watch Ahsoka) & she looks awesome!

Neil

That's the right way to do it! Congrats! The shows will wait for you! Just good luck avoiding spoilers! I swear, if I don't watch Ahsoka within 24 hours of release I wind up knowing at least half the story before I watch....

That's the right way to do it! Congrats! The shows will wait for you! Just good luck avoiding spoilers! I swear, if I don't watch Ahsoka within 24 hours of release I wind up knowing at least half the story before I watch....

Youtube is filled with clips about an hour after the episode is aired, so if I can't wait it that Tuesday night, I make sure to avoid Youtube.

The actress has a lackluster presence and her character motivation is shallow. She fumbles around and yet someone makes it through every fight without any major issues. The writer fails at convincing me she's someone who strives to be better and instead comes across as a selfish person who wants a hug from an old friend at the cost of starting a galatic war that could kill millions.

This is a really strange series that would've been better suited calling it Rebels to suggest people should watch the animated show to understand the lack of character history and past motivation. On the surface level it's a weak series if you haven't watched the animated series.

So as much as I enjoy Mandolorian lore, she makes me cringe.

Thanks, yeah I had heard you need some understanding of the shows before you watch it & as you've said I'm in no hurry...they'll be around whenever I'm ready & I want to go in with as much background as I can to enjoy it at it's best.

To be fair aside from seeing shots of Ahsoka the White & the Hot Toys figures I know nothing of who they are or how they fit the narrative.
I'm very lucky that my only Social Media is Twitter & it seems that no one on my timeline is watching it so there is no chatter at all & I've been able to get away with no spoilers whatsoever

I won't lie I am super looking forward to it but I'm also happy to take my time & enjoy all that comes before it & just enjoy the journey :)

Neil

Same with majority here, as this series progressed, HT sabine is becoming less in po priority. Maybe syndulla is the only one for me in protagonist line-up.
But will this one become sought after in the future if HT complete the rebel gangs? 🤔

Back