1/6 Hot Toys - TMS111 - Ahsoka series: Sabine Wren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's how you damn with faint praise:

Sabine strikes me as someone who would have fit right in with Boba's Vespa scooter gang. Exactly just slid right in with them.

Oh dear.

giphy.gif

Wow, im absolutely shocked how many dislike Sabine so much. I feel like she's exactly where she should be considering what we know of her past since Rebels ended. Family dead which she feels responsible for
Spoiler Spoiler:
, she essentially had lost all hope of finding Ezra, flunked out of Ahsoka Jedi Academy, running away from responsibilities on Lothal. She's behaving EXACTLY as I'd expect her to considering what she's been through. She feels like a complete failure. She feels like she's let everyone she really cares about down. I think the actress is doing great with her personally. Of course I expected the old Rebels Sabine at first, but knowing what we know, it makes sense how she is now. That's obviously just my personal opinion, I just wasn't aware how much people disliked her. Her figure looks incredible though and it was a day one PO (mostly since I had a $25 off coupon, but I would've ordered her anyway).

Wow, im absolutely shocked how many dislike Sabine so much. I feel like she's exactly where she should be considering what we know of her past since Rebels ended. Family dead which she feels responsible for
Spoiler Spoiler:
, she essentially had lost all hope of finding Ezra, flunked out of Ahsoka Jedi Academy, running away from responsibilities on Lothal. She's behaving EXACTLY as I'd expect her to considering what she's been through. She feels like a complete failure. She feels like she's let everyone she really cares about down. I think the actress is doing great with her personally. Of course I expected the old Rebels Sabine at first, but knowing what we know, it makes sense how she is now. That's obviously just my personal opinion, I just wasn't aware how much people disliked her. Her figure looks incredible though and it was a day one PO (mostly since I had a $25 off coupon, but I would've ordered her anyway).
I think the majority of people like her. I've heard a lot of positive things about her until coming to this thread. 😅

I haven't checked this thread since watching episode 5 because didn't want to see spoilers. I had just caught up on 6 and 7. I'm surprised to see some of the negative comments about Sabine. Before starting the show I didn't know anything about Sabine, I never watched Rebels. Well I did watch the first 2 episodes so far. Although I am impressed by the prototype pictures, I didn't want to go for this figure until I watched the show and see if I like the character. Much like with Fennec, I ended up liking her character in BOBF, now I have the figure. Now it turns out I like Sabine in this show, and I have no problem ordering. I know there are some people who won't agree, but I find her more interesting, entertaining than any character from Andor. Well pretty much every character in Ahsoka sparks my interest. Sabine seems like the rebellious, loose cannon type.

Spoiler Spoiler:

She was also my second least favorite of the Ghost Crew during the show's run, second only to Ezra who was pretty insufferable to me for all 4 seasons.

Now she is just making dumb decision after dumb decision, costing the galaxy because she wants to go find her friend possible future boyfriend.

Don't get me started on how annoying she was by not telling Ezra anything of importance and how she got there, completely avoiding all of it. I put that on Filoni and the writers though.

Figure looks phenomenal though, just not a fan of the character.

No one need justify thier Sabine order to the rest of us. Your collection, your monies, your rules. Do as thou wilt.

Some of us, or maybe just me are trying to work our way through our feelings on why we are not ordering this figure, despite respecting Clan Wren which is full of interesting people, and Mando culture which is also interesting. Why dont we want this beautiful figure...? Maybe its just me feeling thisaway.

It strikes me that Fennec is what Sabine should be. But Sabine is much younger and very immature.

I think the majority of people like her. I've heard a lot of positive things about her until coming to this thread. 😅

She’s been pretty polarizing since the tease of her force powers on the initial trailers and outside of the last episode, she’s definitely very different to how she was portrayed on Rebels.

But they told us her family all died and was was obsessed with finding Ezra, so I guess that’s supposed to be enough to understand why she’s been in a decade long depression?:dunno

She’s been pretty polarizing since the tease of her force powers on the initial trailers and outside of the last episode, she’s definitely very different to how she was portrayed on Rebels.

But they told us her family all died and was was obsessed with finding Ezra, so I guess that’s supposed to be enough to understand why she’s been in a decade long depression?:dunno
Probably also has to do without any cause to be behind, with the Empire and her family gone. She's become listless and wants to risk it all for the only family she's got. Plus, what real choice did she have with Baylan. He would have killed her had she not complied and she wouldn't have been able to destroy the map any way.

Yeah, I don't really get the Sabine sentiment. Since the last time we saw her, she lost her entire born family (and people), her found family had lost two members and been scattered among the New Republic, her driving focus (the Empire) was destroyed, and she failed out of jedi training. She's a woman that has found she has no real place in the New Republic. She finally has a chance to at the very least find her best friend, a shoulder I'm sure she'd desperately missed over the last 10 years. Is she proud of where she is? Probably not. But with Ezra, she's back to where she needs to be.

I find Sabine annoying, for me she is the most annoying character on the show. I have no desire to buy a figure of a character who annoys me, wonderful figure that it is.

Yeah, I don't really get the Sabine sentiment. Since the last time we saw her, she lost her entire born family (and people), her found family had lost two members and been scattered among the New Republic, her driving focus (the Empire) was destroyed, and she failed out of jedi training. She's a woman that has found she has no real place in the New Republic. She finally has a chance to at the very least find her best friend, a shoulder I'm sure she'd desperately missed over the last 10 years. Is she proud of where she is? Probably not. But with Ezra, she's back to where she needs to be.
I agree. I would say she is definitely not proud of where she is at in life. Galaxy might be in a better place, but she is not. Ezra is not only a dear friend she wants to see again, but also someone from before she disappointed herself. She’s not just trying to get Ezra back, but the person she used to be while fighting by his side. I may disagree with her methods and choices, but I can relate to the desire.

I mean it seems odd to me to expect these characters to behave the exact same way they did in a cartoon series. If Sabine had the same loud, super snarky personality in live action it would seem ridiculous. And personally I think Ahsoka has done a pretty good job making these characters more natural and human, and Sabine feels like what I would expect of an older, live action version of the character who's had a lot of challenges and setbacks since we've last seen her. And who is no longer the spunky teenager we saw on Rebels.

Back