1/6 Hot Toys -TMS103 - The Clone Wars: Commander Fox (Phase 1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the dumb question, but aside from the underlying body, how is this different than the SS/HT collaboration from years ago? I know those were technically sideshow but the box also says something like “a Hot Toys product” with the little logo. The difference appears to be marginal, right? Or am I crazy?

Always good to ask. The Sideshow and Hot Toys Clones are not related. Everything is different. The only connection is that Hot Toys helped design the armored body Sideshow used for their troopers back then. Unfortunately Sideshow didn’t do a great job manufacturing the bodies because they could barely stand when they were new.

The Hot Toys Clones are completely their own and generally a big improvement in almost every regard, especially sculpt, paint, and body. Head sculpts are no comparison of course. The only thing Sideshow did better was the Phase 1 helmet. They also sculpted the hash marks into the chest armor instead of Hot Toys just printing them onto the movie Clones.

I still have 15 SSC Clones and appreciate them for what they are. Many have held up well over the years, especially their later releases. But the difference is night and day, especially in person. As is the norm, the Sideshow figures look more like action figures whereas the Hot Toys figures look like people in armor.

@jaztermareal did a comprehensive comparison in this thread:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...t-toys-501st-clone-trooper-comparison.246520/
9FB7DB76-AFC5-4335-BD56-D1314E5941A8.jpeg
7BDB35EE-6EEC-46D7-9E2D-C32C5C4D1E1F.jpeg

Last edited:
Less produced doesn't necessarily make it a "grail" though.
No, but it is a clone. And having a smaller size makes it more valuable in the aftermarket. And seeing what happened with the AotC Trooper this COULD become a grail

While I am excited about this figure and PO, it does feel weird that we only get Clone Wars figures on May 4th. There should be some OT stuff IMO.

Cue the unjust hate for Commander Fox because people are too stubborn to see Fox did nothing wrong. Remember it was Rex who put the kill order on Ahsoka when she was fleeing!

O WE HAVE FORGOTTEN NOTHING

My main complaint is not that Fox shot at all, but that he did not stun. He just straight-up KILLED Fives, no questions asked. And for that one, he won't be on the same shelf with my 501st people.

I'm buying him, but I'm still mad!

My main complaint is not that Fox shot at all, but that he did not stun. He just straight-up KILLED Fives, no questions asked. And for that one, he won't be on the same shelf with my 501st people.

Wasn’t Fox under direct orders from Palpatine to kill him? I’m sure if Anakin had gotten to Fox first, or wasn’t overruled by the Supreme Chancellor on the order, he would have stunned and not killed.

Fives got too close and Palpatine had him killed for it. If only Rex had listened.

I love how thats the "gotcha" argument people always use. I can guarantee you that Fives wasn't going to stun either. Plus Fives was labeled as an armed and dangerous terrorist. You think our military considers stunning terrorists instead of shooting to kill in a life or death situation?

I think you should be mad that Fives essentially got himself killed. Fox did nothing wrong :)

Wasn’t Fox under direct orders from Palpatine to kill him? I’m sure if Anakin had gotten to Fox first, or wasn’t overruled by the Supreme Chancellor on the order, he would have stunned and not killed.

Fives got too close and Palpatine had him killed for it. If only Rex had listened.
Also this, was Fox going to disobey? Fox deals with criminals. Hes not supposed to be your friend otherwise he would have no power.

Fives did get himself killed the instant he grabbed that blaster, but that does not mean I'm still not mad at the direct engine of his destruction. Is this logical? It is not. This whole thing was bull and I feel super-sorry for Rex, how many of his brothers did he see die. My hat is off to anyone who can even remain sane at seeing that many of their friends die in front of them. I think I would have lasted about five minutes during this war, over that issue.

You think our military considers stunning terrorists instead of shooting to kill in a life or death situation?

No, 'cause we fire projectile weapons that don't have a "stun" setting on them. And it would depend on the terrorist. Most of whom would indeed get the "kill" setting; we don't know them personally.

Meanwhile I am still buying this trigger-happy agent of destruction.

Last edited:
Fives did get himself killed the instant he grabbed that blaster, but that does not mean I'm still not mad at the direct engine of his destruction. Is this logical? It is not. This whole thing was bull and I feel super-sorry for Rex, how many of his brothers did he see die. My hat is off to anyone who can even remain sane at seeing that many of their friends die in front of them. I think I would have lasted about five minutes during this war, over that issue.

Meanwhile I am still buying this trigger-happy agent of destruction.
You can be mad that it happened, but blaming Fox for it is kinda where I draw the line lol. If we wanna point fingers its Palpatine and the Kaminoins who were responsible.

I plan on picking up this foxy boy myself :p

Back