1/6 Hot Toys - TMS074 - Hawkeye - Kate Bishop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that widows peak is completely wrong. It came out just like the prototype, but that completely throws off the likeness.
IDK if it's completely wrong but it seems a bit too pronounced.

apt-106-13840_r_opt.jpg

I look at this and I can't help but see Natalie Dormer/Margaery Tyrell in the sculpt. And that hair is just...wrong. Clearly this one must have had low sales and was given to the B team at Hot Toys.

I'm so torn because I really liked the Kate Bishop character and Hailee was fantastic in the show. I figured this was going to be my last MCU figure for Hot Toys. Go out on the last new character I enjoyed. Plus, I have it half paid off with Kit already. But I just can't look at these photos and be happy with what they produced.

What a shame this turned out to be.

Yes that front closeup shot is pretty bad, but there are plenty of others where I think the sculpt still works fairly well. And I have no problem seeing Steinfeld in it.

I think the problem is just that they over-exaggerated some of her features a bit. And yeah that widow's peak is still way too pronounced.

373673050_692998156197533_4699640241133118370_n.jpg

374435705_692997889530893_4226086923870650335_n.jpg

373571504_692996862864329_9089842414733945387_n.jpg

I'll still buy it, but it's disappointing that it wasn't improved. I also think the expression throws it off, like the eyebrow angle and eye width just seems unnatural. I was going to use this as a sign of whether they'll improve Supergirl by release, and I'm a bit more worried about that now lol

Last edited:
Yes that front closeup shot is pretty bad, but there are plenty of others where I think the sculpt still works fairly well. And I have no problem seeing Steinfeld in it.

I think the problem is just that they over-exaggerated some of her features a bit. And yeah that widow's peak is still way too pronounced.

View attachment 660560

View attachment 660562

View attachment 660563
I wonder if part of it is due to going sculpted for this hairstyle - maybe it's thicker up there for the sake of durability?

I wonder if part of it is due to going sculpted for this hairstyle - maybe it's thicker up there for the sake of durability?
I think it's probably the nature of that separate hair piece they glued on. Trying to make it blend in so it's not as noticeable up front. Same thing they did with John Wick and other figures.

That doesn't look anything like her...

Next to the Doc Ock, I feel like HT has been on the roll with just plainly and completely missing the mark ..

Back