1/6 Hot Toys - TMS074 - Hawkeye - Kate Bishop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not feeling either of the sculpts on these. Either are as bad as obi-wan but still not seeing the likeness

I think the Clint sculpt is dead-on, but not sure it's a figure I really need. I feel like the only reason I'd get it is as a companion piece for Kate, and that's just not the kind of thing I have as much interest in anymore.

Yeah Clint's sculpt looks good but I find his costume pretty boring. As he also wore the Ronin outfit in the show I think I'll just put Kate on the shelf with that version of Hawkeye. But I might pick up the new sculpt for an alternate look in lieu of his Endgame one.

NfHD5c1.jpg

Quick picture I snapped passing by. Sorry, I'm not a photographer. I wasn't impressed when Hot Toys first showed this off. After seeing it in person, I still don't see the likeness.
That widows peek hair line I think throws it off a lot.

the hair is pretty terrible on this, should have been rooted maybe? that widows peak is pretty awful, must have been the same person who sculpted the ESB vader.

NfHD5c1.jpg

Quick picture I snapped passing by. Sorry, I'm not a photographer. I wasn't impressed when Hot Toys first showed this off. After seeing it in person, I still don't see the likeness.
That pose didn't do her any favors either. They had her staring blankly into space rather than where she was aiming that arrow. :slap Regardless, a more determined/focused expression would make a huge difference. Hopefully her sculpt gets tweaked before release.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been back and forth on her but went ahead and pre-ordered. I have a feeling we will start to see many more figures with low initial sales start to waitlist.
No problem :duff

Will be interesting to see how many of these presell outs don't end up back up for sale again.

I'd be surprised if that's the case, but maybe they are throttling back on some of these.

Kate bishop on low stock remaining, if you believe that and/or care about using rewards or something at sideshow.
With this getting close to selling out already and originally waiting to order once released, I decided to order it now. I'm going to be pairing Kate with my SooSoo Toys Kingpin that's on it's way.

Also with Wanda getting delayed, I canceled that to get all my money back and I will just pay off Kate with that refund. I'm sure with the two Wanda's available one or both will end up in the bargain bin.

I'm hoping/assuming they are going to improve her headsculpt some upon release. I really think tweeking the hairline will go a long way in improvement. Seems like the new business line is either SSC is ordering much less and/or Hot Toys is no longer going to over produce.

Yup. I think you’ll see it especially with figures that are not in the top 8 or so best sellers immediately on preorder going up. That’s true with both this and Peacemaker.

I'm not sure about low vs high production. If the preorders are expected to be low, I wouldn't make the figure at all but I'm not Howard chan so he can do what he wants I guess.

On a side note, knowing that something is produced in low numbers has never persuaded me to order a toy. These aren't Berkshire Hathaway A stock.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start paring down production numbers, we've been in a bubble like when TFA came out and they had a ton of stuff in stock for years at a time
Exactly. Hot Toys used to provide Sideshow with a set quantity for pre-orders, and it was fairly common to see pre-orders "sell out." They seemed to have stopped that practice around TFA and just decided to let the pre-order numbers determine the production run.

It looks like they may be finally going back to their original system. (The amount of unsold stock, due to canceled pre-orders, most likely has a lot to do with it)

I think there is a window of time and then Sideshow provides a number to Hot Toys. They probably have a certain percentage they add so customers can continue to buy until the figure is released. I’m sure it’s a balancing act between figures getting cancelled and those purchased after the cut off window.
I do think Sideshow is sitting on a glut of merchandise and they will not be carrying the overhead they once did. I fully expect figures-especially minor characters-to sell out. Similar to Yondu and the Mudtrooper.

Back