1/6 Hot Toys - TMS064 -The Clone Wars: ARC Trooper Jesse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Jesse comes with the same visor option Rex does, I assume its attached in the same way. I'm thinking about buying a Rex helmet to scavenge the range finder off it, to put on Jesse's helmet. I know it won't be accurate but I think he'll look better.

Might be a good idea, its your collection, do as you want. I know Hasbro added the range finder for their Vintage Collection Arc Trooper Jesse, I think that is more of Hasbro being..well Hasbro though lol.

Had a couple busy days at work and checking my PO options just now. Noticed yesterday that TBA listed Jesse as sold out but thought they'd restock as they usually do. Surprisingly, it appears today Jesse isn't listed anymore in their PO category.
Yeah, Vaughn disappeared rather quickly too. You can get it through TW still, be sure to use the 20% code.

Yeah, Vaughn disappeared rather quickly too. You can get it through TW still, be sure to use the 20% code.

Thanks for the advice. Gonna skip TW though. With import taxes in full effect in my part of the world, TW woudn't be the wisest choice. Likely gonna order thru KG instead as it's my other regular stop in HK

Thanks for the advice. Gonna skip TW though. With import taxes in full effect in my part of the world, TW woudn't be the wisest choice. Likely gonna order thru KG instead as it's my other regular stop in HK
Oh I see. Well I'm in the same situation (Sweden, EU) and never ordered with TW before. Do they mark the true value or mark it down like most HK sellers do?

Oh I see. Well I'm in the same situation (Sweden, EU) and never ordered with TW before. Do they mark the true value or mark it down like most HK sellers do?

One of the reasons I've avoided HK sellers. Which ones mark it down, which don't. Will they still mark it down by the time the figure is released etc.
That and I like to support local business over international business.
However, UK retailers seem to be the lowest priority for stock and we often have to wait for months after Sideshiw get their stock, let alone when they're released in HK. Therefore I've been tempted recently to switch to HK sellers.

One of the reasons I've avoided HK sellers. Which ones mark it down, which don't. Will they still mark it down by the time the figure is released etc.
That and I like to support local business over international business.
However, UK retailers seem to be the lowest priority for stock and we often have to wait for months after Sideshiw get their stock, let alone when they're released in HK. Therefore I've been tempted recently to switch to HK sellers.
I use both local and international sellers. When I say local I mean sellers in the EU.

I buy figures from HK if I can’t find a better deal elsewhere. I buy the more expensive pieces locally, like the speeder set or Boba two-pack.

Most preferred option would be local though. Prices are often 20% higher compared to HK, and figures often sells out before they do in HK. Probably because of SS distribution slot practice.

My main go-to seller in HK is KGhobby, they usually have nice deals and have always marked down the export value. A practice I'm not fully comfortable with though.

If KG have stock left over from the second batch, they don't inflate the prices either.

TW do mark the true value on parcels. TBA and KG declare much lower values. As an exemple, i recently received the Armorer from TW and was charged €44 in import taxes while i only paid €5 for my Death Watch Mando from TBA.

Is Toys Wonderland declaring full value to the UK or just the EU? I have both Shoretroopers ready to ship and will have to have them shipped by alternative means if they’re declaring full value.

Is Toys Wonderland declaring full value to the UK or just the EU? I have both Shoretroopers ready to ship and will have to have them shipped by alternative means if they’re declaring full value.
I got the feeling they were doing it for any international shipping now.

They probably got caught declaring false values and now they have to declare them, I’d assume.

It’s a double edged sword too, because if they declare a false value and the package is lost, it can’t be insured for the actual value.

It’s the sort of thing I wish people would stop boasting about in those sixth scale Facebook groups tbh. Declaring this or that HK seller lowering values. People are incredibly naive, you never know who’s reading. I guess we’re at least relatively safe on a forum like this, but it’s not entirely airtight. Facebook on the other hand.

It’s the sort of thing I wish people would stop boasting about in those sixth scale Facebook groups tbh. Declaring this or that HK seller lowering values. People are incredibly naive, you never know who’s reading. I guess we’re at least relatively safe on a forum like this, but it’s not entirely airtight. Facebook on the other hand.

HMRC has something called the "Hidden Economy Unit" that does look at Social Media and uses Human Intelligence resources (aka snitches) to investigate businesses. They also encourage the public to report these people via their website. So it's entirely possible they were caught out and forced to declare accurate numbers.

Last edited:
Back