1/6 Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne (2.0) Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys is pathetic.

The TDKR Armory hasn’t even been released yet and just got an update last week, and they’re already announcing another TDK suited Batman. That’s three now in the past four years. Talk about flooding the market. We were all just joking last week about them doing another TDK suit and here we are! :lol

They look absolutely insane right now. Go look at their catalog. We just had an onslaught of like a dozen or so Star Wars figures and they’re behind on their schedule of releases to begin with. To throw in another Bale Batman when their other Bale Batman hasn’t even been released? Madness. They’re also saving so much on mold reuse but none of that savings on their end go into the customer’s pockets.

Hot Toys is pathetic.

The TDKR Armory hasn’t even been released yet and just got an update last week, and they’re already announcing another TDK suited Batman. That’s three now in the past four years. Talk about flooding the market. We were all just joking last week about them doing another TDK suit and here we are! :lol

They look absolutely insane right now. Go look at their catalog. We just had an onslaught of like a dozen or so Star Wars figures and they’re behind on their schedule of releases to begin with. To throw in another Bale Batman when their other Bale Batman hasn’t even been released? Madness. They’re also saving so much on mold reuse but none of that savings on their end go into the customer’s pockets.
I never bought any of the previous Bale Batman figures, so I'm happy to have another opportunity. I guess I'm the target audience for it :lol

That being said I was just gonna get the updated TDKR figure and now I'm not sure which one to get. I might wait till next week and see the Begins 2.0 or whatever they put up

HC: Time to announce another TDK batman

JC.H : 68f62beed618293bae802a693cfd8c84.gif

Rest of the Crew: Jack_Sparrow_-_Pirates_Of_The_Caribbean.jpg

I never bought any of the previous Bale Batman figures, so I'm happy to have another opportunity. I guess I'm the target audience for it :lol

That being said I was just gonna get the updated TDKR figure and now I'm not sure which one to get. I might wait till next week and see the Begins 2.0 or whatever they put up
I would just wait. The TDKR Armory version is already obsolete. This one has a better armory, more accessories, a better Bale, etc. etc.

BUT

We know they’re going to release ANOTHER TDK/TDKR DX version. That one will have the faceplates that are missing on this these past two along with an updated Sonar head and cape back pack. Probably be released as soon as InArt puts up there’s. Someone in the other thread said it best, Hot Toys are drip feeding with these releases.

It’s an endless cycle. The only people that really win are collectors like you that haven’t bought any of them yet. Why? Because after these TDKR armory and TDK armory figures hit the market, you’ll have roughly 8 Hot Toys Bale Batman figures to choose from on the secondary market. The prices on suits, belts, gadgets, heads will just get lower and lower. That’s not even counting InArt’s eventual release.

Hot Toys have really diluted their brands. The DX19 took forever to sell out and every store still has the QS019 (both versions) for sale.

A lot of re-use/re-paints going on these days, easy money. But Howard is killing his company.

It reminds me of the old Todd McFarlane days.

I'll wait for the dust to settle and pick these things up dirt cheap in the future.

The gloves above the gauntlet is actually accurate to the dark knight which is what this figure is from
In rises its tucked in instead
Is the Batman on both armories the exact same except the gloves? How about the cowl?

I feel like they based Bale off of American Psycho or Equilibrium rather than TDK. Like it's a good base Bale likeness but something about it is making him look too clammy and creepy. Eyes might be squinting too much.

Z0okocu.png
b8ZUwA3.png
Man. I'm so over Hot Toys' weird glary dilated eyes. They throw every likeness off. That and their weird expresssions and soft paint apps..

Sorry to complain so much. But they're so complacent. And I'm over this substandard ****.

Perhaps this means a proper Begins suit remake doesn't have to be considered off the table. If they'll solicit another Armory release with yet another TDK suit right alongside the TDKR armory with a TDK suit, thus cannibalizing their own preorders - what would stop them putting out a new Begins suit despite the last abomination being relatively recent? Beyond Hot Toys just being weird about Batman Begins for some reason....

Personally I feel like this set is more reactionary to JND than it is to InArt.

Here’s JND’s offering - A fully articulated Bruce Wayne, a non-articulated Batman statue with swappable arms, a cowl display bust, and two stands:

051FF7BD-E0F0-4A16-9782-6350FC982EA2.jpeg

DB35D386-9CB1-4743-81D3-4CC69CD4C0CB.jpeg

Here’s Hot Toys - A fully articulated Bruce Wayne, and a fully articulated Batman (sans cowl display bust, extra stands + extra arms):

AAA478CA-3DE7-4844-A61B-2D2FAEAFF698.jpeg

3AE4F914-6690-426D-805A-621CA95D0F81.jpeg

JND’s set costs $1,234 more than Hot Toys.

I hate Hot Toys’ practices, but I find JND even more irritating. :lol

I'm interested in this... until I see what InArt has to show. (Hopefully this summer.)

Personally I feel like this set is more reactionary to JND than it is to InArt.

Here’s JND’s offering - A fully articulated Bruce Wayne, a non-articulated Batman statue with swappable arms, a cowl display bust, and two stands:

View attachment 704194

View attachment 704198

Here’s Hot Toys - A fully articulated Bruce Wayne, and a fully articulated Batman (sans cowl display bust, extra stands + extra arms):

View attachment 704196

View attachment 704202

JND’s set costs $1,234 more than Hot Toys.

I hate Hot Toys’ practices, but I find JND even more irritating. :lol

Ah, makes sense.

Yeah that jnd set is stupid.

Back