1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin (Upgraded Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like how the MCU ‘busied up’ his look to create something that looks brand new and a little more comic inspired as the upgrade suit is essentially the Power Ranger villain suit with a satchel and some spikes.

In MMPR, the Raimi suit would be when he’s fighting the rangers at ground level and the upgrade suit is what happens after this-
View attachment 604437
Lol, oh Rita - what an arm!

I’m also a sucker for the MCU working comic-inspired elements into the suits and trying to find a story-based excuse for it; the torn purple hoodie from the FEAST homeless shelter that becomes the Goblin purple hood is a perfect example. Sneaking a classic comic book look in to Far From Home for Mysterio by having it be the suit under the armor for a scene or two.

[...] this is the version of Goblin I was always going to be excited about.

Yeah this version is a cool look in the movie! :rock

I have no love for his Power Ranger villain original Raimi suit.

Sacré bleu! :horror:google

Kidding :lol I can see how in retrospect the suit looked rather goofy, but for myself I still like it a bunch and am happy we're getting both looks.

Last edited:
I still don't get the Power Rangers suit comparison. What about it looks like a Power Ranger?

I still don't get the Power Rangers suit comparison. What about it looks like a Power Ranger?
Because it would not look out of a place on a low-budget live-action episode of the 90's Power Rangers show? Especially those scenes in the first Raimi film where DaFoe has to bobble his head around as he speaks to give the static mask some life, just like they used to do in the Power Rangers footage that would later get English lines dubbed over.

1666711453718.png

1666711485657.png

Because it would not look out of a place on a low-budget live-action episode of the 90's Power Rangers show? Especially those scenes in the first Raimi film where DaFoe has to bobble his head around as he speaks to give the static mask some life, just like they used to do in the Power Rangers footage that would later get English lines dubbed over.
Ah I see. The mouth and eyes not moving is similar to the monsters from the show I guess. I don't think im seeing it as much as others clearly are but I get it.

Ah I see. The mouth and eyes not moving is similar to the monsters from the show I guess. I don't think im seeing it as much as others clearly are but I get it.
Most super hero movies and tv shows of that era were guilty of characters who were talking but because the mask was so static it created this weird effect of being like a cartoon. But when they started animating the mask moving to match what they were saying, I think Deadpool was the first to do it, that weird effect went away.

Power Rangers…Power Rangers…

May I introduce you to Super Sentai? The Japan thing they were adapted from? And also Kamen Rider? Which you can watch a gritty adult version of on Amazon Prime.

;)

Most super hero movies and tv shows of that era were guilty of characters who were talking but because the mask was so static it created this weird effect of being like a cartoon. But when they started animating the mask moving to match what they were saying, I think Deadpool was the first to do it, that weird effect went away.
Spider-Man's expressive mask eyes introduced with the Tom Holland version of the character was super cool, too.
Power Rangers 2017 also went full Goblin with their suit design which only strengthens the comparisons.
View attachment 604544
Yeah the single color head to toe of the Raimi suit is a big part of it's low-budget daytime television children's show look too, I think.

God yes that was the whole point of my post and I forgot to mention it!! They did the cg eyes first in DP1 I think.
Yeah and Spider-Man’s are still grounded somewhat in reality by portraying the eyes as physically mechanical (even if there’s no plausible explanation as to why he would convey his expression to his enemies). With Deadpool it’s just like…comic book magic but they made it look photo real and we all just went with it because it makes the character and the movies better!

Yeah and Spider-Man’s are still grounded somewhat in reality by portraying the eyes as physically mechanical (even if there’s no plausible explanation as to why he would convey his expression to his enemies). With Deadpool it’s just like…comic book magic but they made it look photo real and we all just went with it because it makes the character and the movies better!
As long as you are engaging your audience with narrative and character you can get away with pretty much anything.

[INSERT SARCASTIC PUN ABOUT HOLLYWOOD HERE]

I went ahead and preordered this with Timewalker Toys a few hours ago. I think their price is nice and I have enjoyed doing business with them in the past.

I had been hoping HT would put out this version of Green Goblin which is why I resisted the temptation to order the other HT version, so I was all in when I saw how great the prototype of this Upgraded Suit version looks …easy decision!!

So excited to have this one checked off my list …now I just have to wait until 2024 😁

Imagine we got the original Goblin prototype mask instead of what we got now.

Don’t understand Sony’s need to not adapt the full mask and all. I don’t know why they think green armor and a scary face is enough. I liked no way home but would it kill them to make dafoe have green skin and yellow eyes? I feel like they don’t want to do that.

Don’t understand Sony’s need to not adapt the full mask and all. I don’t know why they think green armor and a scary face is enough. I liked no way home but would it kill them to make dafoe have green skin and yellow eyes? I feel like they don’t want to do that.
I like the Power Rangers villain suit from SM1, and I think Dafoes face is scary enough and is able to convey so much emotional and expression; it'd be a shame to keep it covered.

Back