1/6 Hot Toys - MMS649 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Geonosis Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pic shows the blaster clamp removed:

279815006_10158588365162344_1740231948431078833_n.jpg

I really like that they're using the TVC Kenner style AOTC logo on the packaging.

Speaking of, has Hasbro made any comment on the future of TVC bubbles? I can't find any info.

Speaking of, has Hasbro made any comment on the future of TVC bubbles? I can't find any info.
Not that I've seen but I'm assuming that they're just going to go full steam ahead and utterly kill TVC entirely by doing away with the tiny plastic bubbles regardless of the fact that most TVC collectors don't actually throw them away. :slap

This looks really good and price isn't too bad for today I guess. Though, I'm going to wait for the regular color battle droids.

There was no mention of that today, and they previewed products well into 2023.

It will probably happen eventually, but not as quickly as Marvel products since there's less emotion tied to the packaging for lines like Marvel Legends.

This guy probably has the TFA base because his robot feet dont match the human footprints. Would a new generic sand base kill them?

That didn't stop them from using it for IG-11. :lol

Just got another coupon, have a week to decide if I want to use it on these guys.

Just got another coupon, have a week to decide if I want to use it on these guys.

I would decide as soon as possible if you do want to use it, Sideshow now has a tendency to make new stuff ineligible pretty quickly. Bespin Luke for example is not eligible any longer but I was able to coupon him the day he came out.

Have 7 geonosis droids from sideshow, I will definelty be getting 3, maybe 4 of these. Should blend in nicely. I'm liking the display bases and blaster clamp alot

I would decide as soon as possible if you do want to use it, Sideshow now has a tendency to make new stuff ineligible pretty quickly. Bespin Luke for example is not eligible any longer but I was able to coupon him the day he came out.

Thanks for that, had no idea. Typical Sideshow.

And weren't these coupons $25 a year or so ago...

Thanks for that, had no idea. Typical Sideshow.

And weren't these coupons $25 a year or so ago...

Yep. I remember trying to use coupons right when they were transitioning to the more limited system.

It’s unfortunate because they should be trying more to promote customer retention instead of giving people more reason to go elsewhere.

Cost of business is higher now but I miss when events were fun and felt actually rewarding to participate in.

That aside, I think I would prefer to limit the number of these I get and hold out for the more traditional color. I wonder who else out there might be thinking the same. It looks excellent in the Geonosis red, though.

I was lucky today. I had a coupon expiring and I was able to use it on R2. Then I ended up somehow getting another Thank You coupon today and used it on this. You definitely have to use those coupons when new PO's are announced. Otherwise you have to hope that you get the occasional lucky inclusion swap.

I didn't have a coupon when Mando Luke was put up and it took about two months before I saw the Deluxe Special Edition filter into the coupon selection again for one of my coupons. I saw him back in there today but only the regular for the non-deluxe. It's seriously a pain that Sideshow nerfed the coupon to $20 as well as limiting the selection AND making it only good for 7 days. I've let so many expire since you have to get lucky and hope that during your 7 days something you need to order will get put in. It's a hassle. Have to refresh the coupon three times a day and some days they add stuff, others they remove stuff. Like a horrible gameshow 🤣

Anyway, I wonder if they're going to release one of these with a STAP like they had shown.

Anyway, I wonder if they're going to release one of these with a STAP like they had shown.

Now that the Battle Droids are on the production line, I think we can expect a multitude of flavors down the road.

Standard, commander, STAP rider, AAT driver, security, pilot, dancer, porcelain, bronze, gold, and the 2026 SDCC exclusive R2 squadron three pack ($799.99).

FF03A28A-435A-4F03-A330-A27D427D33F6.gif

1FF32473-59F6-45A2-830A-3E6644400C64.jpeg

The neck is too long (SSC was short) and head is big. Mark my words and remember when people complain about big head upon release 😊
The neck is definitely not too long. And I think the head might look too big because of the angle of it. They have pretty long necks..

Attachments

• How-Star-wars-prequels-explained-the-droids-being-comic-relief-and-dumb.jpg
    How-Star-wars-prequels-explained-the-droids-being-comic-relief-and-dumb.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 24
That aside, I think I would prefer to limit the number of these I get and hold out for the more traditional color. I wonder who else out there might be thinking the same. It looks excellent in the Geonosis red, though.

Thinking the same, I went with 2, and I'll stop there. Dooku is getting a bit lonely without any other Separatists and if HT ever do a Geonosian, these droids would go perfect with them. These are a big improvement over the Sideshow ones from years ago.

I'd probably want at least 4-5 of the traditional color as well.

Back