1/6 Hot Toys - MMS649 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Geonosis Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking the same, I went with 2, and I'll stop there. Dooku is getting a bit lonely without any other Separatists and if HT ever do a Geonosian, these droids would go perfect with them. These are a big improvement over the Sideshow ones from years ago.

I'd probably want at least 4-5 of the traditional color as well.

Good call. Originally I had envisioned Dooku and Jango in separate displays, but the announcement of the Geonosis Battle Droids opened up the option for a more substantial Geonosis Arena display with them so I may go that route.

Hopefully the standard BDs are not years behind. I had a bunch of Sideshow ones but sold them in anticipation of Hot Toys making them. I had regretted it on and off but I feel less regret after yesterday.

Good call. Originally I had envisioned Dooku and Jango in separate displays, but the announcement of the Geonosis Battle Droids opened up the option for a more substantial Geonosis Arena display with them so I may go that route.

Hopefully the standard BDs are not years behind. I had a bunch of Sideshow ones but sold them in anticipation of Hot Toys making them. I had regretted it on and off but I feel less regret after yesterday.
I'm thinking the exact same thing. If the upcoming announcements at celebration and whatever else before then turn into some of the Jedi and such, I might have to figure out a way to create a massive Geonosis display. If you told me 20 years ago I'd be making an Episode II display, I probably would've laughed

Pre-ordered one Battle Droid with a $20 coupon I received from a recent order. I’m hoping to get at least one more to make a pair.

This guy with the 3PO head, Jar Jar, and a Rose Tico would be a great start to a Star Wars Hall of Shame collection.

At one point I would have probably passed on him, but I actually think I would buy a Jar Jar. I feel like he would be an interesting figure at least.
Jar Jar is a day 1 PO for me. He’s slapped all over TPM- which has always been my favourite of the prequels- and, love or hate him, he’s a massive part of the lore now. There would also be some epic Darth Jar Jar customs to admire after release.

He’s just a unique, expressive, alien dude so would be nice to see a release like that break up the stream of Mandalorians, clones and troopers.

At one point I would have probably passed on him, but I actually think I would buy a Jar Jar. I feel like he would be an interesting figure at least.

Jar Jar is a day 1 PO for me.
Same here! I'd love a Phantom Menace Jar Jar figure. I think HT would knock it out of the park.

The corrected size and shape of the head, placement, shape and size of the eyes, the length of the neck, the removal of the ugly pin joints in some areas, the spinal "trunk" or abdomen is the correct shape along with the cut out or space in that same area that didnt exist in the SCC version.

You can see how large the head of the droid is, and how long the neck.

Attachments

• starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-13166.jpg
    starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-13166.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 24
  • starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-13167.jpg
    starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-13167.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 23
  • starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-13168.jpg
    starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-13168.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 24
Hot Toys hasn't really posed the droid properly, which can help proportions look off. The film droid's head is almost always raised to a more horizontal position, and the neck angled back close to like a 120 degree-ish angle. (although the obviously move their necks)

The way Hot Toys has posed the droid also makes it difficult to see if they have included the piston under the head, which attaches to the neck joint. SCC did not have this piston. It may simply be too difficult to have on a articulated figure.

Attachments

• starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-14356.jpg
    starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-14356.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 25
  • starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-13238.jpg
    starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-13238.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 29
It really isn't. The necks on the B1 droids are super long, and the heads are bigger than they seem.

Agreed, I think it looks fine. It’s not the case, but better for neck to be a little too long than a little too short like Sideshow’s (though that was compounded by the neck being really hard to extend).

They haven't quite nailed the colour have they. It should be a bit redder but hopefully that's fixed in the final release.

Fixing is not a word HT knows. Instead, they prefer to alter things in the worse way as requested by license owners.

They haven't quite nailed the colour have they. It should be a bit redder but hopefully that's fixed in the final release.
The film colour is really difficult to replicate. It's pretty complex, it has like a dusty matte feel and look, as well as a deeper red underneath. Then there's all the weathering. How droids that literally just walked off the assembly line are so weathered is a bit of a head scratcher, but it is what it is. They do look good.

I wish they offered a two pack like SS did or the snow troopers, no 3po head and a small discount, maybe the battfront Long rifle? Dont really care but I want two but don't need multiple 3Po heads

I wish they offered a two pack like SS did or the snow troopers, no 3po head and a small discount, maybe the battfront Long rifle? Dont really care but I want two but don't need multiple 3Po heads
I agree. The 3P0 head is not a selling point. It's legit one of the lowest points of the franchise. SSC had the right idea about the double pack. The B1 is like the ultimate army builder figure. But I don't know if Hot Toys does multipacks any more. It should have been done with the ROTJ Royal Guard and with the new prequel standard clone trooper.

This should have been an exclusive:
E-5s_sniper_rifle-512x381.jpg

Back