1/6 Hot Toys - MMS649 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Geonosis Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to get more but I'm saving for super battle droids, probably three.
374979425_10222495066595400_568706537470786075_n.jpg

Hey freaks!

Anyone knows where this guy can be bought for the cheapest buck currently? Preferably HK or EU suppliers. As long as it doesn’t rhyme with “land” or “zone”
I ordered one from Popcollectibles the other day, it seems to be the cheapest (their shipping isn't though, so beware)

Mine should have arrived last week with a bunch of other figures but KG forgot to pack it…

It’s on the way now though and, as one of few recent Star Wars releases I don’t feel like selling before even opening, I’m looking forward to displaying it with Threepio and R2.

600 HKD sounds like the standard shipping from HK to EU. Exact same amount appeared in the cart Last time i ordered from TBA.

The more I look at my C-3PO droid head and pictures across the web, I can't neglect that there is something strange about Hot Toys's take on the droid head. Something about the thickness or scale, a bit too big. Somethings off. Sideshow's has a too short neck but their head is great, most likely superior to Hot Toys's.

Oh no not good. Has it really gotten so bad so quickly? Sad! An epoch has died!
Yeah. Pretty much kills the purpose of ordering over there. I even have second thoughts over discounted items as it really has to be very deep to even cover shipping and taxes.

Financially speaking, if there are 5-6 figures you want, they are so easy to pick up at HK retail price (sometimes cheaper) which remember is almost 30% cheaper than the Sideshow rip-off prices, fly to HK for a holiday and pay typically 70 USD for an additional suitcase on your return to home country.

E.g you can get this battle droid easily for USD 125, brand new.

Financially speaking, if there are 5-6 figures you want, they are so easy to pick up at HK retail price (sometimes cheaper) which remember is almost 30% cheaper than the Sideshow rip-off prices, fly to HK for a holiday and pay typically 70 USD for an additional suitcase on your return to home country.

E.g you can get this battle droid easily for USD 125, brand new.
Really? Where do I get those sweet prices? Local stores? Dang it, I need to book a trip to Hong Kong next Christmas 🫡

A couple of the official HotToys stores have plenty of stock at HK retail prices, I saw this battle droid the other day for $140 there. But I buy more from trusted reseller stores and have also bought second hand from collectors here. I’m currently eyeing up Quiil for $102 and new Bespin Luke for $167, both brand new. If you are ever in Hk I can point you in the right direction. There are good deals to find all the time.

Buy a cheap 2nd hand suitcase here, pay the airline to check-in a second suitcase on return flight, job done.

FWIW, they're using FedEx and it's pretty fast shipping. Beware the custom fees though.
Great. Expected for what I pay IMHO.

In my experience, DHL Express is the quickest and most convenient postal service. They manage to get me parcels from Los Angeles, California to Stockholm, Sweden within less than 48 hours. That is leaving Sideshow's pickup point and delivery girl or guy handing over parcel. Crazy quick!

Back