1/6 Hot Toys - MMS649 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Geonosis Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh from the droid factory on Geonosis...

HT GEO BD 01.jpg

Well, okay...unpacked from BBTS from the factory of Hot Toys anyway.

HT GEO BD 03.jpg

First impressions....good, but not "gotta box up the Sideshow ones and get them outta here" good. There are still some features about the SSC ones I like that are not repeated here, and those BDs are still free-standing on their own and looking good on display.

Now, the features the are really impressing me here... the joints are really stiff and solid, but the figure feels even more fragile to me than the SSC ones. Where it really stands apart from those earlier SSC efforts is the deco.

HT GEO BD 04.jpg

It's not just arbitrarily smeared and wiped on to fill sculpted lines, ridges and indentations. It's well-applied to illustrate wear and tear and movement. Logically more worn and heavy on joint areas and the claw-like "hands", right where you'd expect it to be from the droid's grabbing it's prey or holding and firing it's weapon. The hip joints and knees also feature more "wear" from it moving across varied terrain and from unfolding in deployment. Big props to the HT artists that designed and applied this "distressed" deco - it's some of the finest on this type of figure I've seen...just grabs the eye, pulls you in and adds to the "reality" of the piece. This aspect alone makes me glad I picked one up for the collection. And besides, I really like the look of these "clankers".

Now I can't wait to review the instructions and carefully prepare the droid for folded transport mode...now that's going to look cool on display!

Transport mode does look great on display @jedibear. When you take the middle rib braces off, start at the top first using something metal sliding into the connection groove and slowly pull out, the bottom can be removed rotating and pulling out simultaneously. Go slow.

IMG_7689.jpeg

IMG_7683.jpeg

Last edited:
Transport mode does look great on display @jedibear. When you take the middle rib braces off, start at the top first using something metal sliding into the connection groove and slowly pull out, the bottom can be removed rotating and pulling out simultaneously. Go slow.

View attachment 645456
View attachment 645458
This brings back travel memories of using public toilets in India…

Delhi belly takes no prisoners.

...ok..for those that have this figure,does it not have the "cigar band" around the outside of the box?
Also,anychance anyone has a pic on hand of the packaging once that cover is off?
I'm assuming it's a window package similar to the Phase 1,R2 and Clone Pilot 20th packaging?

No rush.

...ok..for those that have this figure,does it not have the "cigar band" around the outside of the box?
Also,anychance anyone has a pic on hand of the packaging once that cover is off?
I'm assuming it's a window package similar to the Phase 1,R2 and Clone Pilot 20th packaging?

No rush.
Don't have pictures and I already put the box in storage, but yeah, it doesn't have a sigar band and when the cover is off it's a window package. (It's a very sturdy box btw.)

Back