1/6 Hot Toys - MMS649 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Geonosis Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it odd this figure only has 10 pages. Would expect heavier interest in a clanker. Maybe due to it being the red iteration and not normal beige?
Could be the low edition size of the clone trooper and the sticker shock of the droid.

Sideshow was serving them up like hot cakes in two packs that were reasonably priced for what they were years back. The HT has some better quality to it and better paint, but it also appears to be short produced and sold out. HT made some strange decisions on this 20th anny line, may have been spooked by three potential shelf warmers with clones, droids and super droids hanging around if made in large volumes and not received well.

IMG_9764c.jpg

Got my Battle Droid yesterday. I dig him. Solid release.

Super happy with these guys. I have always preferred the beige version… but having them in hand, I think I like the red better.
Awesome duo, hope you'll add the super to it and Dooku! Maybe throw in a Fett? In need of getting some droids....
Got my Battle Droid yesterday. I dig him. Solid release.
Love your photo, saw it on Facebook yesterday. At first I thought you had a squad but then read the comments. Maybe one could make a backdrop with these? Would go well with any AOTC figure!

Awesome duo, hope you'll add the super to it and Dooku! Maybe throw in a Fett? In need of getting some droids....

Love your photo, saw it on Facebook yesterday. At first I thought you had a squad but then read the comments. Maybe one could make a backdrop with these? Would go well with any AOTC figure!

I have Jango in a case with the shiny trooper and clone pilot… I do have a super preordered. He will replace Dooku in the display once he arrives. :)

45F0237E-7F0E-4EA9-9445-461AF54F5F4B.jpeg

Finally got around to opening these guys and Mando Luke.

Glad I got 2, I just don’t think they have enough of a presence with just one on the shelf. They are so much better than the cheap ones we got from Sideshow.

Sticking with 2 though, don’t need anymore of these, might grab 3 or 4 of the beige variants though.

9B2CE3B7-C78C-49CC-9A92-056E43424DD4.jpeg
4ED76F1F-3D2F-4310-9115-C56D7D252F41.jpeg

Sticking with 2 though, don’t need anymore of these, might grab 3 or 4 of the beige variants though.

“3 or 4 battle droids is a good start, but what you really need is 6. 8 is an even nicer number. You can pick the variants though.”​

- SOU7567 to others circa 2025​

“3 or 4 battle droids is a good start, but what you really need is 6. 8 is an even nicer number. You can pick the variants though.”​

- SOU7567 to others circa 2025​

This is likely what will happen lol.

Finally got around to opening these guys and Mando Luke.

Glad I got 2, I just don’t think they have enough of a presence with just one on the shelf. They are so much better than the cheap ones we got from Sideshow.

How does it feel in hand, cheapish?

Honestly? Not too bad, I mean they do feel cheaper than their other figures, just due to their design, the B1's are pretty much stick figures with a backpack and a gun lol.

Not as cheap as the Sideshow B1's though, which were kinda crappy to be honest.

A little, but it just what it is because there isn’t a lot to it. Very lightweight.

I got my first one on Wednesday. Second one is coming on Monday according to tracking.

First time I’ve ever bought a direct duplicate of a Hot Toys release. Two felt right in this case though. If/when the tan variant is made I’ll probably get a couple of them too.

Back