1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming they'll make a few changes for the Phase 1 helmet, like they did for the extra helmet that comes with General Kenobi.

425055-3DC4D79B-E7A4-4E24-BB4F-8E4BB103D0D8.jpeg

So apparently this is off waitlist, but it's not?
Screenshot_20230106-152219_Chrome.jpg

Is anyone currently able to order this?

Still has the pre-order button and everything but can't be added to cart.

Oddly, enough if you search them up they say waitlist full still, but both R2 and clone pilot can still be ordered.
Screenshot_20230106-160513_Chrome.jpg

Stupid. Got the waitlist conversion email as well, see the pre-order button when logged in, but yet I can’t order.

That’s really odd. It let me put two pilots in my cart and then stripped one out. I know you only get one on a WL, but then why have the pull-down operable 🤷🏾‍♂️

Like hotcakes. Curse the SSC merchandisers for creating the scarcity and the fear of losing out.

I’m not sure who to believe. Marcos from Collectorzown did a livestream last week saying that he’s heard batch sizes have indeed been cut and that the FOMO isn’t made up by Sideshow. Yet I do have a hard time believing a figure like the Shiny will actually sell out and have none available once it’s actually in stock.

Last edited:
I could see a situation where they keep repackaging army builders with slight variations.

“shiny” white clone for clone wars 20th… diff box, accessories, and slightly different paint apps. few months later? all white “bad batch imperial clone trooper”, same deal.

then each release has a smaller batch size, sideshow isnt sitting on discounted overstock, and they still get to have army builders out. but really who knows.

luckily i was on my phone yesterday when the waitlist converted, got my order in. i’m sure itll be easy enough to get elsewhere when it releases, but glad to have it locked in for peace of mind.

I did not get a conversion yet so I am assuming it is not across the board. Maybe had a few cancellations with all these new great choices showing up.

Yesterday afternoon I had gotten the waitlist email that said that I had till Jan 8th to PO it. Clicked the link and was able to add to cart, even let me add 2. Went through check out to place order with both, but didn't proceed as I was kinda busy and wasn't sure If I wanted the 2 or not (still thinking maybe 1 and a pilot instead of 2 shiny). And shipping was only a $3 difference for 2, so I'd save like $17 by buying 2 together. Went back a few hours later but they were deleted from my cart and wouldn't let me add again even when I clicked on the link again through my notifications about my waitlist, even though the Pre-Order button is still there. Get the can't add to cart at this time message.. Still getting it all day today too.

Why does my email tell me I have 2 days, till tomorrow the 8th to convert my waitlist?? And since it's the weekend can't do a chat on the website...

:gah:

Stupid Sideshow.... :bat2:

I still think (hope) these will be available after shipping. They would be crazy to limit these guys.

Thanks
I could see a situation where they keep repackaging army builders with slight variations.

“shiny” white clone for clone wars 20th… diff box, accessories, and slightly different paint apps. few months later? all white “bad batch imperial clone trooper”, same deal.

then each release has a smaller batch size, sideshow isnt sitting on discounted overstock, and they still get to have army builders out. but really who knows.

luckily i was on my phone yesterday when the waitlist converted, got my order in. i’m sure itll be easy enough to get elsewhere when it releases, but glad to have it locked in for peace of mind.
I think this is the plan. Small production runs but keep reusing the same parts over and over. They can sell us the same clone a million times with slight variations and weathering. I don’t think they want the dead stock anymore. Rex, lando, shore troopers, and others were supposed to be quick sellouts. Instead they were bogo 50 off. They can’t be happy with that. I think the aotc figures will be smaller runs to scare us. I don’t think it applies to every figure, but who knows. Hot toys has wonderful customer communication…

Back