1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@BoosterGold06 and @MyenShi - just secured another from Popcultcha per your advice! I am seeing more bloggers with them in hand posting about how customizers are scooping them up leaving the rest for the secondary market. With clones like these, we can't afford to mess around. Thank you guys for the recommendation, not many places left to turn. Can't wait for my clones to arrive!

Glad to hear you’ve got another secured potatoes!

Not sure how much of a factor customizers are. Sounds a little exaggerated on their part. People who fully repaint/customize 1:6 figures is a relatively small market. And any Clone can be a basis for customs; this one Is just a little easier to start with. I picked up additional 501st to customize.

Everyone is scooping them up where they can, whether they’re looking for just one or their second or a squad regardless of if they’re there going to be customized or not.

It really just boils down to this being clearly underproduced and demand outpacing supply.

Really the only solution here is to announce 212th troopers and get them out as quickly as possible to appease this large demand.

Well, wouldn’t say that’s the only solution but that would help divert some attention.

They’re not entirely interchangeable so I think people will still be a bit bitter if they can’t get a/more of the base Clone.

Which has likely proved more in demand than anticipated. But that’s just how it goes sometimes; a collecting lesson we all face at some point or another. People will move on eventually in the end.

212th might be planned for ROTS 20th so it might be a while; who knows.

While making more would seem like the straightforward solution, the factory lines have already moved on to something else. And they’ll be churning out other variants of Clones soon enough if they aren’t already so they can’t really go back.

Hot Toys doesn’t really have to do anything. This is just a figure to them at the end of the day, and their job is to make figures and have them sell out which they’ve accomplished.

It’s good you’ve got what you want secured at least.

Last edited:
While that would seem like the straightforward solution, the factory lines have already moved on to something else. And they’ll be churning out other variants of Clones soon enough if they aren’t already so they can’t really go back.

Hot Toys doesn’t really have to do anything. This is just a figure to them at the end of the day, and their job is to make figures and have them sell out which they’ve accomplished.

It’s good you’ve got what you want secured at least.
I believe they did the same with ROTS Anakin in 2018. The demand spike up dramatically so Hot Toys had to release second wave. It was the fist PT figure so I remember very vividly.

I believe they did the same with ROTS Anakin in 2018. The demand spike up dramatically so Hot Toys had to release second wave. It was the fist PT figure so I remember very vividly.

It’s incredible rare but it is true there have been a few times where they’ve made more of a figure.

I wasn’t following Anakin production closely at the time so can’t recall but I suppose if anyone would get another run, it’d be Howard’s favorite character.

But other times they’d be done it didn’t work out well with figures sitting around. Don’t think they’ll want to take the risk this time, especially nowadays and on a trooper despite the seeming popularity. Which is partly motivated by FOMO, which another run would deflate immediately.

I think they’ll be happier to just move on to the next.

I think (and this is just my humble opinion),that HT are really underselling the PT figures and their production numbers.
Add to that,this guy is a trooper,also a 2 in 1 so to speak with the helmet swaps,plus comes with 3 different weapons.
Potentially,you could buy 2 and have a phase 1 and phase 2 and just swap their weapons out...OR...you could buy 6 and have each phase holding each weapon 😁

I REALLY hope ROTJ gets the same love as AOTC has gotten as there are some really amazing figure choices in this AOTC line.

Missed op with young Boba and Master Kenobi though.

I read that in Chancellor Palpatines voice!!😮😮😮

B43B75DB-A024-4126-9BD2-28354679004D.gif

“You mean making way too many of some obscure troopers a few years ago, then cutting production of a different trooper that you should’ve known would be incredibly popular with many collectors resulting in them being driven into a FOMO fueled frenzy?”

7176021C-2BA8-4FB0-83EC-7CE4AC126067.gif

Last edited:
It’s incredible rare but it is true there have been a few times where they’ve made more of a figure.

I wasn’t following Anakin production closely at the time so can’t recall but I suppose if anyone would get another run, it’d be Howard’s favorite character.
That’s what happened to the entire ANH batch, not strange at all.

That’s what happened to the entire ANH batch, not strange at all.

It’s still incredibly rare that Hot Toys does another production run (not a reissue/rerelease). Out of all the figures they’ve made, there’s only been a handful of cases.

But my main point is that folks shouldn’t bank on them making more of this figure and get it secured. Most here either preordered or are making moves, and I’ve connected a couple of people with retailers. Just don’t want anyone to miss out if it can be helped.

Have a feeling this figure will go the way of original Rogue One troopers. It’s interesting how cyclical these things can be. ST troopers led to a cut in RO figures, and now RO/Mando troopers have led to a cut in AOTC figures.

Last edited:
Why aren’t the guns black with gunmetal parts? Seems off, especially when looking at the DC-15 long rifle
They aren't the movie weapons in terms of sculpt or paint scheme. Sadly

HT weapons are based on these (unused props that are used for all realistic Clone Wars figures by HT, Sideshow, Hasbro etc)
6u33pibsy1541.jpg

so the colour scheme is mostly correct for these specific versions. The actual movie weapons look different and HT has yet to make them (I hope they do at some point). Having said that, Sideshow never did the movie weapons either and Hasbro only sometimes use movie versions so maybe HT will just continue using these molds

Here is the proper movie rifle:

DC-15a_Blaster_Rifle.jpg

Attachments

• DC-15a_Blaster_Rifle.jpg
    DC-15a_Blaster_Rifle.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
They aren't the movie weapons in terms of sculpt or paint scheme. Sadly

HT weapons are based on these (unused props that are used for all realistic Clone Wars figures by HT, Sideshow, Hasbro etc)
View attachment 627796
so the colour scheme is mostly correct for these specific versions. The actual movie weapons look different and HT has yet to make them (I hope they do at some point). Having said that, Sideshow never did the movie weapons either and Hasbro only sometimes use movie versions so maybe HT will just continue using these molds

Here is the proper movie rifle:

View attachment 627801
Guess Disney only have data files for the CW version. Or, Disney demands through their contracts that a specific set of style is reproduced, hence only the CW type is produced.

Joy. It's confirmed to arrive in Europe on 5 june ...
Gonna be a long 3 months :(

Back