1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did say 1 SW reveal... not 2... so technically... :)
ElatedWelllitAphid-size_restricted.gif

Here in Europe even the HT pre-orders sell out with the local (European) sellers. So pre-ordering is kinda necessary. Especially if you're not comfortable ordering from outside of Europe due to import taxes and whatnot.

Most of the time the sellers here get one or two extra in stock, or somebody cancelled their PO, but they will often raise the price when the figure is in stock. I've seen pricehikes up to €100 with some of them, so I for one pre order pretty much all the time.
Ah, well that's a shame for European collectors to have deal with import taxes and fees. Well, I guess my comment is more for the American consumer then.

Why do people still preorder??? Nothing sells out anymore, especially if it's something that is very popular. HT will make enough that those who actually want it will get it.
Like @The Entity already said, as a Euro I pay tons of taxes and shipping. For every figure I get from the US/HK/etc, it's around 80-100€ for shipping, and then 24% goes to taxes. At least it used to be 24%, now they charge another 30-40€ for a reason I don't get yet. Meanwhile if I order from a local shop it's all included in the price and it's much, much lower.

However, for me it's mostly a way to keep track of it all. It's why I always go with installments. Playing 15€/month for each figure is easily doable. I can stock them up and wait until they release 1.5 years from now. I "close it" and I slowly pay it off. If I had to pay thousands on the spot for lots of them, it wouldn't be the same. Besides, I'd rather be safe than sorry and close the deal rather than risk it. But really, knowing exactly what I order, having a timetable, it helps. Having to wait a bit before I PO something makes me more restrained too.

I made up my mind too; I'm skipping this one. I'll wait and see how the Final Battle look turns out, and keep an eye out for Ock. Although I might just wait for them to make the Superior suit from Insomniac SM2 (in the teaser they gave him those back spider legs; there's no chance they won't include one of the Superior suits now) and display Tobey-Man with SpOck and call it a day. We'll see.

Agreed. BUT. Boba on Throne exclusive sold out. In fear, I preordered Batman XE for the exclusive screen it comes with. STILL AVAILABLE.

But, Sideshow also offered $20 coupon on preorder figures and Mando Luke was on there. Since I am no doubt getting him, I can save that $20 in the long run. I usually never do that, but $20 is $20.
You mean the deluxe boba on throne sold out? Sideshow has that right now on waitlist, which means you would have 99% chance of it converting. I'm pretty sure they do that to cause panic ordering.

Even if that DID sell out its just lame blue globs of plastic you will never take out of the box anyway.

You mean the deluxe boba on throne sold out? Sideshow has that right now on waitlist, which means you would have 99% chance of it converting. I'm pretty sure they do that to cause panic ordering.

Even if that DID sell out its just lame blue globs of plastic you will never take out of the box anyway.
You are not wrong. Just love that Batman XE suit and had to have this. I was using Boba as an example. Will probably never use this, but I PO'd with SS regardless.

batman-xe-suit-special-edition_dc-comics_gallery_6102337ad7f14.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-26 224501.jpg

Not really feeling that sculpt. Hair looks weird, like a placeholder, and maybe too big of a smile. Hope we see the sculpt within a month or two.

View attachment 558810

Not really feeling that sculpt. Hair looks weird, like a placeholder, and maybe too big of a smile. Hope we see the sculpt within a month or two.
It looks better in this pic, clearly based on his Raimi Spider-Man appearance, but I could totally see Hot Toys using it for the No Way Home look if it's really coming next month, they could also make a different sculpt for both Goblins and we won't see this one until it releases, they have enough time to fix it if it's not up to par so fingers crossed it turns out good.
1643293254396.png

Still waiting for the MCU version. The Raimi costume in the MCU looks a little goofy. I liked the more modern MCU look but would consider this if they ever release a NWH Raimi Spiderman.

Honestly I would buy a figure of Willem Dafoe from most of his films. The guy just grabs your attention on screen.

I still wonder what that cancelled HT Elias would have looked.
Crazy how nearly 20 years later, Dafoe was not only able to perfectly play GG again but also completely outdid himself with what is arguably one of the best and most vicious, cruel and intense protrayals of a villain we've ever seen in a super hero movie, he really elevated the whole thing for me.

Honestly I would buy a figure of Willem Dafoe from most of his films. The guy just grabs your attention on screen.

I still wonder what that cancelled HT Elias would have looked.
Long interview but also pretty good, seems like a great guy in addition to being a great actor. Green Goblin was the first role I ever seen him in.

Back