1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok- I thought I’d be happy saving some cash and keeping my TE version but, dagnammit, Raimi’s Spidey films are some (two to be precise) of my favourite and most beloved child/teenhood movies and it would be an insult to my love for them to not have the absolute best renditions of those characters on display.

TE blew me away at the time; it’s a great release and would hold up to scrutiny from most Raimi fans, and you absolutely can’t complain about the price but, everywhere you look on HT’s, there’s something that makes you go- yeah, that’s better. So, bye bye £285 and, oh- hello Koska Reeves as well. This has been an expensive week.

I shall certainly continue to enjoy this fella for the next 2 years of waiting though- or whatever it is
1F055695-7DB3-47DA-BEA8-A639EEA69461.jpeg

He's up there with Thanos for me.

That fight scene is brutal. Spidey gets outside then thrown back inside by the Lizard and piledriven through floors.
What precisely was the Lizard's motivation for doing that? Him and Sandman battling against Tom Holland's Spidey didn't really make sense to me...

I thought Dafoe was just as great in SM1, yeah, he doesn't wear a helmet this time. But he's only in the full Goblin persona for 2 scenes. The condo fight and the end fight. I wish we got more of him as he stole the show. Also wish we got more of crazy Doc Ock, as he is only a villain in ONE scene. The greatest live action spider-man villain ever, only has one scene to be an actual villain again.

Don't get me wrong though, i loved the movie and i loved what we did get of Dafoe and Molina. In terms of the Goblin though, his fight scene in the condo still didn't top the fight scene at the end of SM1 for me. That fight was so well directed and you felt every punch Tobey took. It had a level of brutality that you don't see in family friendly comic book movies. The best part of the condo fight was the moment in the corridor "Strong enough to have it all... TOO WEAK TO TAKE IT!" and then Goblin laughing while Spidey punches him over and over

What precisely was the Lizard's motivation for doing that? Him and Sandman battling against Tom Holland's Spidey didn't really make sense to me...
Can't remember exactly, but I think Electro mentioned it didn't work out for him. Not sure why he popped up just to fight Peter when he went outside the building in the Goblin fight. Sandman....I'm not sure why he showed up at the end to be honest. Worried he might be sent back to die? We know he doesn't, but he doesn't.

I just wonder if the support that holds the weight of the Green Goblin and glider will stay in place, or will it bend forwards/backwards under the weight over time........:unsure:
None of it is diecast so it should be perfectly fine. The glider probably doesn't weigh much at all being entirely plastic.

I'm not sure why they went with the usual small stand for this though. You would think they would have whipped out their usual bigger hexagon or rectangle stands for this.

fWrA2vy.png
mV8mHtn.png

Last edited:
It's 450€ in my neck of the woods. Yeah, if I was 99% out before, now I'm out 101%. I wonder why it costs so much. Endgame Iron Man went for like 500€ (taxes and everything included). Is it just the glider? It's not even diecast. And he doesn't have a lot of extras. Christ, these prices keep going up. Oh well. I'll wait and see if Ock is cheaper and I like him more. If they do a SpOck from Insomniac SM2 in 2025, then I'll have a neat little SM display. Still, I hope the Dafoe sculpt turns out good. I could grab it and kitbash a civvie Norman.

It's 450€ in my neck of the woods. Yeah, if I was 99% out before, now I'm out 101%. I wonder why it costs so much. Endgame Iron Man went for like 500€ (taxes and everything included). Is it just the glider? It's not even diecast. And he doesn't have a lot of extras. Christ, these prices keep going up. Oh well. I'll wait and see if Ock is cheaper and I like him more. If they do a SpOck from Insomniac SM2 in 2025, then I'll have a neat little SM display. Still, I hope the Dafoe sculpt turns out good. I could grab it and kitbash a civvie Norman.

Inflation....both PPI and CPI..gotta love the Fed printing money left and right, low rates, and corporate bond purchases

Inflation....both PPI and CPI..gotta love the Fed printing money left and right, low rates, and corporate bond purchases
In 2027 we'll be paying half a grand for a single dolly with an extra pair of hands. Iron Men will cost as much as Prime 1 statues. Oh, boy...

Hot Toys is setting prices on a figure by figure basis based on hype not on their cost+standard profit margin. $90 extra for the glider seems fine, the problem is the base figure they’re adding that $90 onto is a body in a suit, headsculpt, hands and 3 identical pumpkin bombs for $285.

Like there’s no good explanation why Goblin is $15 more than Koska Reeves, unless you account for hype tax.

Hot Toys is setting prices on a figure by figure basis based on hype not on their cost+standard profit margin. $90 extra for the glider seems fine, the problem is the base figure they’re adding that $90 onto is a body in a suit, headsculpt, hands and 3 identical pumpkin bombs for $285.

Like there’s no good explanation why Goblin is $15 more than Koska Reeves, unless you account for hype tax.
Yeah, sound about right. Still, it's a *****. One has to wonder how crazy they'll get with it as time goes on.

Back