1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am i the only one that thinks having to have that black waist grabber hold the figure looks weird? I know we don't want him falling off the glider, but seeing the grabber on the waist ruins the mental image of him being on his glider. I'm not sure how to really put it into words.

Am i the only one that thinks having to have that black waist grabber hold the figure looks weird? I know we don't want him falling off the glider, but seeing the grabber on the waist ruins the mental image of him being on his glider. I'm not sure how to really put it into words.
Every crotch or waist grabber ruins the illusion of looking at a miniaturised person for me.
I don’t know anyone who stands around with a chunky bollard between their legs and a pair of rods pressed against their inner thighs- but I use them so I don’t have to pick up broken pieces of my expensive figures from the floor.

For me, it’s good to know Goblin has the option of being held securely in place in a dynamic pose. The second you tilt that glider, you’re Goblin is gonna be in a precarious position.
The best thing you can do with flexible arm stands is to use the pose and your primary viewing angle to discretely position it as out of sight as possible.

The biggest change I want from HT is to upgrade to clear acrylic poles as their standard base.
Maybe they could even integrate flexible arms onto the top of an acrylic lower section so we really can create the illusion of flying someday but, for now, we’re stuck with ever rising prices and the most easily improvable aspect of figures remaining unchanged.

No doubt. I still prefer Hot Toys quality over any third-party though. If I didnt have a choice, the TE would be enough but since HT exists, then HT or bust.

The TE just screams poor-man's substitute.
True true, HT had the quality on 3rd party especially with detail and the skeleton used. The closer quality on the 3rd party are few and far between. For this figure itself, as of right now, they seem very similar. Now once the HT version comes out, I'm sure that will change. The HT glider already looks more detailed and scaled just from the proto pics and it comes with the head sculpts, so those are two wins.

Now I wouldn't call it a poor man's substitute just because one is made under a license and the other isn't. Thats the majority of the difference in the price + head sculpt. Remember Hot Toys used to be 3rd party too. Nothing wrong with healthy competition to keep them on their toys and bringing the highest of standards.

I mean, it’s gotta stay up somehow….it’s a toy.

Last edited:
I mean, I’d gotta stay up somehow….it’s a toy.

Right? Im not sure whats hard to understand about that lol.

I guess with the clamp, it can look like the glider is only hanging off the figure's feet rather than than figure riding on the glider. I think if the support for the glider and the feet attachment are stable enough, one can forgo the clamp at the waist.

I guess with the clamp, it can look like the glider is only hanging off the figure's feet rather than than figure riding on the glider. I think if the support for the glider and the feet attachment are stable enough, one can forgo the clamp at the waist.

This. I just wish they had designed the figure with some way to stay on the glider in a way that's less noticeable. Like Chopper Face said, a transparent holder with have been better.

Well guess who's ready for Doc Ock and final battle Goblin. :lol

PLHFlvl.jpg

... in February. :)
There you go. Boom! Headshot!

Justin's Collection's source has nailed them lately, although in a tight window (within a week or a couple weeks). Looks like Hoodrat Goblin coming this month!

Back