1/6 Hot Toys - MMS627 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Catwoman Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to say. She wasn't in the upcoming releases they posted at the end of year. But they having been pumping those out quick.
Ended up finding the original release for a ridiculously good price (with shipping and tax, paid about $240 CAD, so that’s what? $180 USD?) and on top of that, she was brand-spankin‘ new. The shipper wasn’t even opened. No flaking at all and I’m praying it doesn’t happen anytime soon. I’ll probably try and grab some pieces from the new figure parted, just as a backup.

I really wanted this figure since CatWoman is my favorite character and I loved Hathaway in the role, but have a hard time trying to justify spending $400CAD on such a basic figure. Glad I don’t have to do that now.

the only upgrades I can see in the new figure are the eyes being bigger and lighter and the hair being a lighter brown. Hardly things that justify the price. And I actually sent the head sculpt out to get her eyes repainted, so win-win!

Ended up finding the original release for a ridiculously good price (with shipping and tax, paid about $240 CAD, so that’s what? $180 USD?) and on top of that, she was brand-spankin‘ new. The shipper wasn’t even opened. No flaking at all and I’m praying it doesn’t happen anytime soon. I’ll probably try and grab some pieces from the new figure parted, just as a backup.

I really wanted this figure since CatWoman is my favorite character and I loved Hathaway in the role, but have a hard time trying to justify spending $400CAD on such a basic figure. Glad I don’t have to do that now.

the only upgrades I can see in the new figure are the eyes being bigger and lighter and the hair being a lighter brown. Hardly things that justify the price. And I actually sent the head sculpt out to get her eyes repainted, so win-win!
Great pickup! I’ve had mine for almost 9 years in cabinet and no flaking whatsoever so the suit should hold up…
just be careful with the glasses they are very fragile…

Great pickup! I’ve had mine for almost 9 years in cabinet and no flaking whatsoever so the suit should hold up…
just be careful with the glasses they are very fragile…
Oh yeah, I’m very careful when handling those. Once I get the head sculpt back from being touched up, I’m putting the mask/goggles back on and never touching them again.
Also got some 303 protectant wipes, so hopefully that helps with the longevity of the suit.
Out of all my figures, I only have one that is starting to flake which is the old Crow figure. Which I got second hand for cheap, and it’s very minimal.

I got the repainted head sculpt back. I’m in love with it. It really took this figure to another level and saves me from spending $400 to buy the new one.

Only the eyes and eyebrows were repainted, but they made a world of difference. I almost feel bad for covering it with the mask!
If I can find some pieces parted out later on, I’ll probably use this head sculpt to make a civilian clothed Selina.

I definitely need to pose her better, but I’m so worried about the gloves flaking if they are bent too much.

C628BA9E-65F5-42C9-AC11-99D80B42C99C.jpeg
7D08A1AF-82C1-434D-9B55-053905D14255.jpeg
9B3A0228-28C6-4395-B735-9EFB6BC89DA8.jpeg
CC0CC25C-0F20-4279-A2F6-FA5F709832E4.jpeg
E62B0E5E-DBB0-43E8-A8B4-B5F59FE382DF.jpeg

But hey, I just got a consolation 15% code, so that's actually kinda cool. I only have a week to use it, but it's still a nice gesture for which I will give SS credit. If the delay is indeed due to some update (and at HT's current rate, I wouldn't be surprised), I'll be coming out ahead!

yeah, i also just received such a code for my delayed Spock Kolinohr fig from Exo6. Nice move from SS

Is the new release basically the same figure with pleather that will likely flake?

Still deciding whether to get Catwoman and Bane or wait for the inevitable InArt versions. :rolleyes:
Since Queen Studio just released that excellent Catwoman and Batpod statue, I have no doubt that InArt will be giving us Catwoman within the next 5 years- and may also add the Batpod for a deluxe version. Due to HT’s being from the pre-mandatory rolling eyes era, the crappy hair, less than superb sculpt, a backdrop I’ll get with Bane, their historically dreadful female bodies, and the potential for the suit to become a flakey mess like V1, I’m waiting for IA.

HT went all out with their Bane 2.0 to the degree that I couldn’t think of anything else I’d really need in order to satisfactorily add that character to my display so, as I assume IA’s will be much more expensive, I just went with HT.

idk about moveable eyes, but maybe a better hair like the new WW?
That’s what I would like to see. The hair on this figure is hideous and unfortunately makes it a pass for me. That new Wonder Woman is the only time Hot Toys has gotten rooted hair right.

A shame how the new Bane and Batman figures from HT are looking so improved that this Catwoman figure is lacking horribly in comparison.

Back