1/6 Hot Toys - MMS627 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Catwoman Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought the diorama base looked good but looking closer it seems like a lot of it is a literal cardboard backdrop at least the chain link section appears to be. Would’ve been better had the chain link been sculpted then they could have gotten away with the cardboard back drop for the background scenery

Would’ve been better had the chain link been sculpted then they could have gotten away with the cardboard back drop for the background scenery
This is what I thought they did after their initial unveil. You’re right, that would have worked nicely. The cardboard by itself does not feel premium at all. I wasn’t one of the huge haters on that Flash figure they unveiled but I did think the display seemed very pedestrian for what’s meant to be premium.

This one is much more passable but cardboard seems so cheap compared to the rest of it.

Boots different, hope they are now more accurate. Heels are now black?
Front zipper gone, hope it is on the back.
No reason why mask should not be detachable.
Body very well proportioned, hope somebody can post comparison pics.
Base looks impressive, especially water effect.
the mask is detachable, the staff told me.

I think this looks fine, the biggest difference i see in terms of proportion is the bust size.

I wouldnt buy this for the backdrop, I think that is going to turn out pretty cheap looking.

The only backdrop hot toys has made that i really liked was the death star wall. The if thanos backdrop was ok but too short.

Just opened my Selina Kyle in who knows how many years. Still in okay condition. No flaking yet. The goggles has definitely hardened over the years. Put her back in the box…and basically forget about ordering this “reissue”…I want a more comic accurate CW! Say the AK CW!

This is the only figure I have had an issue with flaking but I got it from someone in Florida back in 2017? and it wasn't as bad as it is now so I never had a problem with it. I'll still buy this figure for sure or maybe queen studios will make more dark knight figures? Now I have to think about that..

I haven’t looked at mine in a while, but last I know mine is fine. It’s been in the box for a long time though. I had her on display for quite a while, but she’s not currently. Maybe I’ll get it out and see how it’s holding up.

Just double-checked mine and she looks to be pristine, thankfully. I haven't touched the figure since it was initially posed and placed in a Detolf.

i think Queen Studios will go for Bats 22 and Nolan Selena Kyle versions. At least Zoe Kravitz Kyle will be made, from what we know so far from the interview with Justin yesterday. They also did that gorgeous 1/6 statue of Hathaway on the batpod which releases this year. The 1/3rd version of this takes the no. 1 spot for me, over the JND silicon statue in terms of pose and looks :)
QS also mentioned in the interview with Justin, they will go for real leather, when possible...hopes are high! ;-)

Hot toys and their reissues. The deserve someone coming in and eating their lunch for them.

Hot toys and their reissues. The deserve someone coming in and eating their lunch for them.
I and a lot of others are happy with these reissues as we can get these figures that came out ten years ago when a lot of us weren't collecting Hot Toys.
They are still pumping out lots of new figures.
I agree that they need to increase the quality of some figures, and for reissues, they improve them.

I and a lot of others are happy with these reissues as we can get these figures that came out ten years ago when a lot of us weren't collecting Hot Toys.
I agree that they need to increase the quality of some figures, and for reissues, they improve them.
They do. These reissued figures shouldn’t even be announcements they should just put them up for preorder again . They need to def make more especially if it’s Batman

The reissues shoot themselves in the foot. First of all they devalue the figures people have, they reduce the need people feel to rush out and order figures because it probably will we reissued at some point, it's no longer a limited collector item causing people to see the figures are just a regular action figure, it's lazy to reissue a figure with zero improvement when they clearly have the ability to do so, they basically please mostly the immature maladjusted individuals who are adult in age only (I missed plenty of figures but like the adult I am I decided that either I pay the after market price or I move on. I never go on social media and spam "reissue the Mark 46", they put up figures for pre order that they can fulfill for 2 years and have the nerve to take the time to reissue old figures, they have so many licenses that they are not making crap for or just making 1 figure for there is no excuse to ever reissue anything, there are always new media coming out they can't even keep up but they are still finding time to turn their greedy eyes to ebay and deciding to chase after the dollars they see people are making by selling old figures. If these new companies in the scale start promoting their products as limited collectibles hot toys will be seen as the lesser and often reissued product which will hurt then in the long run.

Back