1/6 Hot Toys - MMS627 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Catwoman Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reissues shoot themselves in the foot. First of all they devalue the figures people have, they reduce the need people feel to rush out and order figures because it probably will we reissued at some point, it's no longer a limited collector item causing people to see the figures are just a regular action figure, it's lazy to reissue a figure with zero improvement when they clearly have the ability to do so, they basically please mostly the immature maladjusted individuals who are adult in age only (I missed plenty of figures but like the adult I am I decided that either I pay the after market price or I move on. I never go on social media and spam "reissue the Mark 46", they put up figures for pre order that they can fulfill for 2 years and have the nerve to take the time to reissue old figures, they have so many licenses that they are not making crap for or just making 1 figure for there is no excuse to ever reissue anything, there are always new media coming out they can't even keep up but they are still finding time to turn their greedy eyes to ebay and deciding to chase after the dollars they see people are making by selling old figures. If these new companies in the scale start promoting their products as limited collectibles hot toys will be seen as the lesser and often reissued product which will hurt then in the long run.
I guess we'll agree to disagree. I'd rather they reissue figures from franchises like this so I can pay normal prices now, rather than pay the much higher aftermarket prices. This doesn't make me any more or less of an adult.
Hot Toys are a company and their goal is to make money, so they are perfectly entitled to reissue figures if that boosts their profits. A lot.of the newer properties aren't that good, so figures for these are a risk. Companies want a sure thing - this is why we get endless reboots and sequels.etc.
I wasn't around ten years ago, but out of curiosity, did they ever market these as limited collector editions?

I had been in the market for a Catwoman, but the only ones I could find for decent prices had horrible flake damage. I sure do hate that HT rereleased it instead, so all I have to do is just buy it. It sucks. I was hoping to spend more money on a damaged figure, but HT went and screwed it up for me.

I had been in the market for a Catwoman, but the only ones I could find for decent prices had horrible flake damage. I sure do hate that HT rereleased it instead, so all I have to do is just buy it. It sucks. I was hoping to spend more money on a damaged figure, but HT went and screwed it up for me.
Exactly. All the old Catwoman figures are flaky and expensive. At least with a new one I'll have the opportunity to prevent the flake.

I'm fine with reissues as long they fix issues the original figure had. To put out that same Batman Begins figure from 10 years ago with all the same horrible innacuracies is taking the piss.

I'm fine with reissues as long they fix issues the original figure had. To put out that same Batman Begins figure from 10 years ago with all the same horrible innacuracies is taking the piss.
This makes me angry too

Attachments

• 9A3D1039-DC0A-4CB3-B0F6-343DDE0947EF.jpeg
    9A3D1039-DC0A-4CB3-B0F6-343DDE0947EF.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 74
This makes me angry too
That is the sculpt we should have got!

I hope QS do a Begins Batman but it feels unlikely. It's often overlooked for the other suit, I guess because that's the one he faced Joker, Catwoman and Bane in.

Thankfully HT put more effort into the DX19. Hopefully that figure releases soon, I need a sixth scale Bale in the collection.

I'm fine with reissues. The value might drop some while the reissue is still in stock, but once it's sold out again, both will go back up in value. I do feel if something is getting a brand new MMS number, then it needs to be actually upgraded and improved upon from the previous release. At least the Iron Man figures that have been reissued actually have "reissue" on all their product images and retain the same MMS number and aren't trying to be passed off as new and improved figures.

Last edited:
Exactly. All the old Catwoman figures are flaky and expensive. At least with a new one I'll have the opportunity to prevent the flake.
What care regiment would you recommend to prevent that from happening?

What are the chances this get released on time? Hope we hear something soon. I gotta see in hand photos before I pull the trigger and purchase

Hard to say. She wasn't in the upcoming releases they posted at the end of year. But they having been pumping those out quick.

Back