1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking we should call this Marty version 1.1 or some such instead of 2.0. Not sure if there are any differences at all apart from the dog and sculpt, though he is missing sunglasses and the guitar exclusive this time around. In that video looks like he has the waist grabber stand again.

the ebay sellers are probably pissed the value of original Marty has probably gone down or they can’t list them at a high price anymore :lecture

the ebay sellers are probably pissed the value of original Marty has probably gone down or they can’t list them at a high price anymore :lecture

Do you actually think there are tons people/"ebayers" out there sitting on large amounts of Marty McFly figures? It's just collectors selling their figures on for what the market demands. You aren't entitled to pay retail price literally years after the fact :slap

The knock-offs will come regardless.

It's been my experience that the knockoffs range from disappointing to terrible. I have bought a couple and they never look as good as the ebay picture. I guess it's to be expected for $25-35.

Well, what a roller coaster ... all that for Marty to end up as a Sideshow exclusive. That's a great way to get me to not buy it.

I will never give that awful company my money.

I was dissapointed too that Marty was a SSC EX - could of saved $50 (taxes & shipping) buying from my regular trusted mom & pop retailer.

Even if we do not buy directly from SSC, I believe we are still indirectly giving our money to SSC - from what I understand, SSC is the official distributor of Hot Toys in the US so even if we buy from other stores, those retailers are getting their supply from SSC. It is what it is.

I am buying the Doc Deluxe from my regular store and the Marty from SSC

Glad I did not go down the rabbit hole of the custom Docs, some of those are easily over a grand (especially with all the accessories).

Even if we do not buy directly from SSC, I believe we are still indirectly giving our money to SSC - from what I understand, SSC is the official distributor of Hot Toys in the US so even if we buy from other stores, those retailers are getting their supply from SSC. It is what it is.
I am aware of that. If I ever buy a Hot Toys figure in the future, I will likely order it from overseas.

I'm thinking we should call this Marty version 1.1 or some such instead of 2.0. Not sure if there are any differences at all apart from the dog and sculpt, though he is missing sunglasses and the guitar exclusive this time around. In that video looks like he has the waist grabber stand again.
Yes, this is what i'm thinking why Hot Toys overlooked 2 iconic things that could be a big draw for this new version instead of just Einie and new headsculpt...the sunglasses and the yellow guitar (i can understand the black guitar is for the first exclusive that they want to keep it that way)... Neca has been generous to give plenty of accessories for their BTTF line.

Yeah the little yellow guitar is the one from the start of the film, when Marty blows the amps. Would be a pretty cool accessory + the sunglasses, which the figure can wear. The original Marty came with sunglasses but they couldn't be worn.

Do you actually think there are tons people/"ebayers" out there sitting on large amounts of Marty McFly figures? It's just collectors selling their figures on for what the market demands. You aren't entitled to pay retail price literally years after the fact :slap
I guess I should’ve rephrased it ..I meant the people that put it on ebay because they can get value for a profit. Of course no actual official seller actually still has original stock of the first Marty at this point and I’m not counting on it.

This is not the figure that anyone should feel they can get top dollar or even a good profit if they decide to sell theirs on the secondary market..especially now with the reissue upcoming.

My advice..just keep the original for your collection folks. If someone feels it needs to be sold..don’t expect to gain any profit from it. Just sell it for a decent price

do you guys think the head sculpt of Marty has "improved"?
just watched the "first look" video by Justin / Ryan and maybe it's the lighting but i don't really see M J Fox there. I have the first version of this fig and it's not perfect, but somehow i prefer his look over the new one. Maybe in hand photos will do it more justice, once it is released.

So what do you think?

just watched the "first look" video by Justin / Ryan and maybe it's the lighting but i don't really see M J Fox there. I have the first version of this fig and it's not perfect, but somehow i prefer his look over the new one. Maybe in hand photos will do it more justice, once it is released.

So what do you think?
I think they're on the same level really. If I still had the initial release I don't think I'd feel like the new sculpt necessitated the new purchase.

I have the original and when I heard it came with Einstein and a new sculpt I was stoked to buy… then I saw Einstein and the new head…. and that it was a SS Exclusive. :lol

So what do you think?

I think they're both good enough but seeing in person is the bigger test. In general I wish there was a more relaxed look to the sculpt but it does work sort of as the blown away look of seeing the Delorean.

Back