1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a chance we'll get a 3.0 Marty in 2023?

I really want the new one, but the lack of sunglasses bothers me, and the stupid cake ornament dog he comes with instead of a yellow guitar or a yellow radiation suit doesn't help either.

I was always more of a Doc Brown fan anyways, but Marty would be nice. He doesn't really wear the sunglasses, but it feels like he should come with them, just like the skateboard and Walkman, is all part of his image.

Is there a chance we'll get a 3.0 Marty in 2023?

I really want the new one, but the lack of sunglasses bothers me, and the stupid cake ornament dog he comes with instead of a yellow guitar or a yellow radiation suit doesn't help either.

I was always more of a Doc Brown fan anyways, but Marty would be nice. He doesn't really wear the sunglasses, but it feels like he should come with them, just like the skateboard and Walkman, is all part of his image.
Then go for the OG release. I know people will be looking to sell it when the reissue comes out. But again he can’t wear the sunglasses. It is only for him to hold for posing, like in the poster.

Yea. Can’t justify the $300 just for the new head an Einstein when I have the original.
I am in the same situation. Just ordered the Doc. Some youtubers are trying to spin this as if this Marty will be rare. "You have to buy this." and then at the end of their stream with: "Remember - buy what you love."
New guys - don't buy this thinking it will be worth 1000's in a few months. Buy it ONLY if you love it

I am in the same situation. Just ordered the Doc. Some youtubers are trying to spin this as if this Marty will be rare. "You have to buy this." and then at the end of their stream with: "Remember - buy what you love."
New guys - don't buy this thinking it will be worth 1000's in a few months. Buy it ONLY if you love it
I don’t understand how this would be considered “rare” like other limited releases being that most of it is reissued.
Yea, the new headscult. That is the big difference. Of course Einstein, but no one is singing praises for that. There are no new accessories or anything else. It is missing the sunglasses (understandably so) and no guitar (from original special edition), so yea, while this is going to possibly be a smaller production run, there will still be many BTTF Pt1 Martys out there.
Many collectors skipped the first one. So great, here you go. But in the end, every Hot Toys fig goes out of production. So at some point, they all will become “rare”. What it comes down to is aftermarket prices. Could this possibly cost double or triple the value? Maybe. But if your goal is to just sell it in the future for value, you are def better off investing your time and money i to something more lucrative.
From what I see, most Youtuber collectors did not get the first one, so yea, they are talking a lot about how they are buying this one.
For me, I am looking at either spending the roughly $300 for a Marty reissue while having the OG one, or spending $100 more and getting Venom. For me, because I already have the original Marty and DeLorean, I will put the $300 towards another release.

Back