1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, the head sculpt on this Marty is quite average particularly for modern 1/6 standards.

Not sure if I should jump into this. Because if I do then I know I’ll not only have to get doc, but I’ll want to hunt down the BTTF2 versions of doc and Marty and ultimately a delorean.

And with how so Hot Toys are going with things thats looking like 2024 earliest if they do re-issues.

Maybe I should just stick to my Neca.

Yeah if the Marty sculpt was really on point I would be really tempted, as is I will stick with my v1 Marty. The only thing that this Marty has over the original is Einstein, which would only be stuck in the Delorean with the door shut.😄

Yeah if the Marty sculpt was really on point I would be really tempted, as is I will stick with my v1 Marty. The only thing that this Marty has over the original is Einstein, which would only be stuck in the Delorean with the door shut.😄
But at the same time it is missing the sunglasses and guitar from the special edition. So there are trade offs depending on what you are looking to do.

I find it funny that the box art for this 2.0 is the original movie poster, yet you can’t even pose this figure like that since no sunglasses.

Unfortunately Sideshow are the official European suppliers too, so for Spain you’d have to order it from sideshow, which is crazy. Australia, aren’t popcultcha an official supplier? Or are they via sideshow too?

Unfortunately Sideshow are the official European suppliers too, so for Spain you’d have to order it from sideshow, which is crazy. Australia, aren’t popcultcha an official supplier? Or are they via sideshow too?
Yeah but if i do that i don't wan't to know how much i will have to pay in customs...

Yeah that’s why it sucks (I’m originally from the UK so know all about ridiculous custom charges…). Hot Toys really need a European distributor instead of a US company supplying a totally different continent.
Totally agree. Arrhhggg it's pretty sad. I was confident that Marty would arrived too... Now I'll only have Doc :(

I'm thinking that a friend of mine it's from Singapore. Do you think that he could help me to buy the figure and send it to me to Spain? In Singapore there is not official Hot Toys Store I think but maybe it's easy to buy it from there? What do you think?

So the Marty fig is only being released through Toy Sapiens in Japan and Sideshow in the States. No one else will get any of the 600?
No chance I would buy though SS, the postal/custom charges are ridiculous, for sending stuff to the UK.

So the Marty fig is only being released through Toy Sapiens in Japan and Sideshow in the States. No one else will get any of the 600?
No chance I would buy though SS, the postal/custom charges are ridiculous, for sending stuff to the UK.

Not for nothing, but I don't think that 600 number is accurate. Maybe it was limited to 600 in Japan, and there's more than that available for Sideshow, but no way is that 600 split between the two territories and it still hasn't sold out yet. With the run sizes in the thousands (allegedly), if Sideshow only got 300, that's super limited, and it's hard to believe it wouldn't have sold out already.

Apart from that with secondary dealers like TW and TBA selling it, it seems like it will be available in Hong Kong as well, seeing as how Hong Kong and Japan are reasonably far away. I doubt those two dealers are buying up stock in Japan and flying it in.

Not for nothing, but I don't think that 600 number is accurate. Maybe it was limited to 600 in Japan, and there's more than that available for Sideshow, but no way is that 600 split between the two territories and it still hasn't sold out yet. With the run sizes in the thousands (allegedly), if Sideshow only got 300, that's super limited, and it's hard to believe it wouldn't have sold out already.

Apart from that with secondary dealers like TW and TBA selling it, it seems like it will be available in Hong Kong as well, seeing as how Hong Kong and Japan are reasonably far away. I doubt those two dealers are buying up stock in Japan and flying it in.
From what I remember, those numbers could be if the initial batch, with the rest coming out around the same time as Doc?

Start this Saturday it will be available at Toy Sapiens. I am going to the store that day, but I won’t be buying it since I have the original one. In the US, it is a SS exclusive. HK is selling it as well at Secret Base. I would treat this Marty in the same way to treat the exclusive releases like the Armorer and such.
I do believe last year the Batman Arkham Knight Prestige version was almost the same situation. I think it was first available in Japan at Toy Sapiens as a limited run, and then later fully released.

From what I remember, those numbers could be if the initial batch, with the rest coming out around the same time as Doc?

Start this Saturday it will be available at Toy Sapiens. I am going to the store that day, but I won’t be buying it since I have the original one. In the US, it is a SS exclusive. HK is selling it as well at Secret Base. I would treat this Marty in the same way to treat the exclusive releases like the Armorer and such.
I do believe last year the Batman Arkham Knight Prestige version was almost the same situation. I think it was first available in Japan at Toy Sapiens as a limited run, and then later fully released.
Well, I aint ordering from Sideshow for the same reason as shells075 so I'm banking on this. And if it doesn't happen then I'll accept it as just not meant to be. I mean I'm not gonna order Doc without Marty or get a Delorean rerelease if I don't have those two. It all hinges on Marty.

Then again maybe I'll get the Version 1 for the second time.

Well, I aint ordering from Sideshow for the same reason as shells075 so I'm banking on this. And if it doesn't happen then I'll accept it as just not meant to be. I mean I'm not gonna order Doc without Marty or get a Delorean rerelease if I don't have those two. It all hinges on Marty.

Then again maybe I'll get the Version 1 for the second time.
Yea, gotta hate those surprise customs/shipping fees. I would say there is a good chance you will be able to get your hands on the V1 version for a good price once the V2 is out there. I will be able to easily get the V2 and I am still passing it up since I got the V1. The V2 will def have better paint apps, but I just feel, IMO, that I see Michael J in the V1 sculpt a but more than the V2. The V2 reminds me more of John Connor from T2/ Christian Bale. It is weird. That being said the V1 head is def not perfect either, but you used to have it so you know what to expect.

I am sure you can get your hands on a Marty, whether it be the V1 or V2 if you so desire.

In addition to that, we all know that they'd be touting the release as "limited to x pieces" if it were as limited as is being speculated. How many times have figures gone to waitlist in order to goose sales from people on the fence?

First of all - all these people throwing around edition numbers ... they don't know ****. They are guessing. Maybe 600 was an official number for the Toy Sapien store in Japan? Maybe it is world wide? youtubers often say - "I hear this and that is VERY limited" but I think it is often to justify their own purchase to themselves. If it is rare, it is an investment and therefore okay to buy iy. If you just buy it cause you like it ... there is something wrong with you. Again, buy it if you LOVE it. Otherwise don't.
I think it's a strange move on Hot Toys part to limit the release of this, but I guess sometimes it is good to create a hype around a product. I don't know. I am not in marketing.
If you live in Europe (like I do) collecting Hot Toys is very expensive. I suspect Australia is the same. But if you want Marty, SS is your best bet. Toysbuyingagent is sold out and Toyswonderland is CRAZY expensive (I never buy anything from them), so SS is your only option. With shipping and taxes and whatnot, Marty would cost med 435 USD. Thankfully, I have the first one. This HS is not that much better (if at all) and if I want the dog, I'll pick up a third party dog, probably a better looking one too.
For all those outside US who missed out on the first release, I feel for you. It's rough. Let's try to help each other out, so if someone hear something, pass it on.

Back