1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video that brings out the likeness to MJF at the 14 minute mark. I was criticising the sculpt when we saw first pics but I’m loving it now. Absolutely gorgeous.
I believe people were to judging whereas i think it will look very awesome in hand. These knee jerk reaction happens more than once.

I think it looks really good. Not sure if it bests the first version, but it's just a matter of degree and personal preference at this point. Neither is a slam dunk, Trevor Grove-level homerun, but few sculpts are.

The new head sculpt is growing on me. I can see what they were going for with the expression.

mouFeel.png

For me the likeness is there on the sculpt just the hair paint is meh.
Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t EG part 3 Marty sculpt the same as this just the hat & different hair?

For me the likeness is there on the sculpt just the hair paint is meh.
Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t EG part 3 Marty sculpt the same as this just the hat & different hair?
No, I think they're different. The JC Hong images for the Part 3 sculpt, show a pretty good likeness to Michael J Fox, whereas this one misses the mark entirely.

So frustrating because this is the look I want, and they botched it twice.

I think it looks really good. Not sure if it bests the first version, but it's just a matter of degree and personal preference at this point. Neither is a slam dunk, Trevor Grove-level homerun, but few sculpts are.
Even Trevor can't successfully translated MJF to the T (NECA sculpt anyone?)

I really just want Einstein to be honest. I realize it isn’t that great, but I still want him to go along with Marty and Doc.

That one was such a low run that the likelihood of that happening is lower than with other figures. But sure, there is always a possibility of some low life recasting the sculpt and then going to town.

Of course, the real hair version would be much harder to replicate.

Back