1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe its the video, but the old Marty looks better to me here...

v1 vs v2 Marty COMP 3  9-19-21.jpg

Yeah. The old has that correct surprised look for Marty despite the flattened hair.

The new one looks angry with the furrowed eyebrows, and the hair sculpt is softer too.

Im not to keen with the expression on the new Marty, maybe it works at some angles but straight on it just looks devoid of emotion? I always felt the old Marty sculpt whilst not perfect. The paint in particular is pretty bad, it conveyed that kind of WTF is going on here look pretty well.
I literally leave my Marty in this pose all the time, the '' where the fudge is my bus pose. ''

DSCF1952.JPG
DSCF1953.JPG

Maybe its the video, but the old Marty looks better to me here...

View attachment 538953

V1 looks a bit too puffy and older. V2 looks thinner and younger, which is probably more accurate to the first film.

V2 has softer hair for some reason and it all seems to be one color? Not sure which hair style is more accurate, since his hair moves and changes depending on the scene.

Neither one is HT best work, unlike their Mandarin or Yondu, which are 110% accurate. For some reason HT always nails mediocre characters while the actual iconic characters get subpar (by comparison) sculpts.

I'm hoping the V2 looks better in person. It does look too soft in photos but I felt the same about the Threezero Jaime Lannister I opened up this weekend and the likeness is very good. "Better in hand" is an overused collector phrase but I'll be damned if it isn't sometimes a real thing.

V1 looks a bit too puffy and older. V2 looks thinner and younger, which is probably more accurate to the first film.

V2 has softer hair for some reason and it all seems to be one color? Not sure which hair style is more accurate, since his hair moves and changes depending on the scene.

Neither one is HT best work, unlike their Mandarin or Yondu, which are 110% accurate. For some reason HT always nails mediocre characters while the actual iconic characters get subpar (by comparison) sculpts.
Lol yeah, some blue guy no one cares about compared to the cultural phenomenon which is Marty McFly. Good old HT :slap

To me neither sculpts are ideal but if I had to go with one, I'd take the V1 since despite the flaws, people can still tell it's Fox's likeness. I've shown the promo photos of the V2 to non-collecting friends and while they recognize the outfit, they thought it was a figure of a Comic Con Marty McFly cosplayer.

Not to hate on the V2 mind you, I still think people should get it if they missed out on it or even better-- get that PT3 version, now that's a far better sculpt.

I still prefer the v1 but don't think I'd ever get it at the price it goes for so ordered the new one.

Strange how it does look a bit like the Jnix, always thought that one was a bit of a miss -- surprising if they copied that intentionally. Notably, Sideshow's page doesn't list the sculptor.

I still prefer the v1 but don't think I'd ever get it at the price it goes for so ordered the new one.

Strange how it does look a bit like the Jnix, always thought that one was a bit of a miss -- surprising if they copied that intentionally. Notably, Sideshow's page doesn't list the sculptor.

I think HT no longer identifies the sculptors after they caught hell on social media in the Tony Stank debacle.

he's 22-23 when he's shooting BTTF and he's always have that child like feature inherently which suits him playing a 17 yo kid.
I guess Fox didnt replace Stoltz until January of 85, so he would have been 24 1/2. Hard to believe that film released just 7 months later.

The shine on the hair is really throwing things off for me. I know in recent years they’ve done this to give the hair some realism but this looks like some shiny brown plastic. Would there be a way short of a repaint to fix that? Like a light layer of matte clear coat to tone it down a bit?

I guess Fox didnt replace Stoltz until January of 85, so he would have been 24 1/2. Hard to believe that film released just 7 months later.
By everyone's account, Stoltz was there for 5 1/2 weeks.. so they jsut start shooting on November 1984? and Fox birthday was June, so if your account was correct he's 23 yo when he shoot this.

I was hoping this sculpt would look better in the videos, after seeing the JC Hong pictures of the Part 3 figure and actually seeing MJF in that one. But no, this one still looks like a poor likeness to MJF and the hair looks like a shiny brown blob.

Here's hoping Marty from BTTF 1 V3 in a few years is the one!

Back